pareec is offline New Member

deadly dose of insulin

I know when i have shot 10iu i would pass out if dont eat carbs...but what is really the "deadly dose"?

Baba is offline Associate Member
    I think any dose is deadly if you don't take the necessary steps to avoid problems.

you are surely right....but what i meen is if you shoot 200 iu,will you not pass out if you eat 2000 g carbs?

like is there any maximum limit a human beeing could take?

powerliftmike is offline ~Elite AR-Hall of Famer~
    Quote Originally Posted by pareec
    like is there any maximum limit a human beeing could take?
    Even if there was everyone's body would have a different threshold. Non-medical high dosage insulin use without cares is garanteed to mess you up, probably getting type 2 diabetes if not worse.

Quote Originally Posted by pareec
    if you shoot 200 iu,will you not pass out if you eat 2000 g carbs?

sorry about my english maybe not the best...im from sweden by the way...what i mean is will you not pass out even if you where to eat 2000 g carbs?

hope that was better....

rodge is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    i once shot 50iu by accident and i can tell you its no fun.

-rodge

Gear is offline HGH/IGF/Insulin Forum ~ AR-Hall of Famer
    I take 20IU and that's as far as I would go. Everybody is different.

-Gear

Maldorf is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rodge nl.
    i once shot 50iu by accident and i can tell you its no fun.

-rodge
    Holy Shit!!! How many carbs did you have to eat to rectify that! WOW

sadukar is offline Junior Member
    50IU!!?? Can we hear the story behind this?? I bet it's pretty entertaining..

abstrack is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    I really cant say there is too much difference tome when shooting 20iu compared to 12iu's in 1 shot. I just dont see any real major gain or difference, Just my .02
    abstrack@protonmail.com

Yes, you can fvck yourself up with slin:

Attempted suicide by insulin overdose in insulin-requiring diabetics.

Martin FI, Hansen N, Warne GL.

Four cases of suicidal insulin overdose in insulin-requiring diabetics presented to one hospital in three years. In three cases there was a history of depression; but despite huge doses of insulin (3,000 and 1,500 units) in two, no patient died and only one had residual signs of clinical brain damage. The estimated plasma insulin level was not well correlated with the severity of the hypoglycaemia. It is probable that suicidal insulin overdose is more common than reports in the literature suggest, and may often be unrecognized. The dissociation between huge doses of insulin and the severity of the subsequent hypoglycaemia in diabetics is unexplained.
    Intentional massive insulin overdose: recognition and management.

Roberge RJ, Martin TG, Delbridge TR.

Toxicology Treatment Program, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Pennsylvania.

A case of intentional massive insulin overdose requiring prolonged glycemic support is presented. Suicidal insulin overdose may be more common than generally appreciated. Because hypoglycemic reactions are evaluated routinely in the ED, emergency physicians should maintain a high degree of suspicion regarding suicidal intent or foul play in diabetics with hypoglycemia who respond minimally to the administration of concentrated glucose solutions or in hypoglycemic presentations by nondiabetics who have access to diabetic medications. Fingerstick glucose evaluations or serum glucose levels should be obtained routinely at 15 to 30 minutes after glucose administration in any hypoglycemic patient to gauge the intensity of glucose use. Inability to maintain euglycemia following glucose administration suggests excessive insulin and requires further workup. Evaluation of serum insulin and C-peptide levels is useful in confirming intentional overdoses in cases that are not clear-cut. Glucose infusion rates must be tailored individually to each overdose situation as great individual variability exists in insulin absorption and effects. The clinician should anticipate the possible need for prolonged glycemic support in this setting.
    Suicide Via Insulin Overdose in Nondiabetics: The New Mexico Experience.
    American Journal of Forensic Medicine & Pathology. 21(3):237-240, September 2000.
    Winston, David C. M.D., Ph.D.

Abstract:
    Four cases of self-injected insulin overdose in nondiabetic individuals are presented. Included are two cases of presumed insulin overdose (no autopsy), one case with elevated vitreous insulin (autopsy), and one case with elevated postmortem blood insulin and low blood C peptide (autopsy). These cases demonstrate the need for a thorough scene investigation, complete autopsy, and proper collection and storage of specimens to certify a death caused by insulin intoxication as well as to determine the manner of death. Appropriate collection and preservation of postmortem blood samples are discussed.
    Last edited by powerliftmike; 12-31-2005 at 01:13 PM.

Gear is offline HGH/IGF/Insulin Forum ~ AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by abstrack
    I really cant say there is too much difference tome when shooting 20iu compared to 12iu's in 1 shot. I just dont see any real major gain or difference, Just my .02
    Agreed. When it comes to positive gains, there really isn't much difference between 12IU or 20IU. It would be very hard to tell the difference anyway. When it comes to side effects, I must say that hypo mostly occured when I used higher doses such as 20IU, where-as with lower doses hypo wasn't as bad, and sometimes I never went hypo at all. So, I think the most important thing to know is that about 10IU should be enough. Anything more than that is more sides than gains. Some people such as myself like to breach the 10IU mark by far just for the sake of experimenting and not because the gains are greater, because I believe they are not.

-Gear
    Last edited by Gear; 12-31-2005 at 06:53 PM.

rodge is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by sadukar
    50IU!!?? Can we hear the story behind this?? I bet it's pretty entertaining..
    i was preloading my pins to take with me to the gym.
    i always have these humalog cartridges wich i put in a empty jino vial. so i always loaded apin with 10iu of slin and a pin with 2iu of hgh,wich equals 40iu on the slinpin. but instead of takin the hgh i filled the second pin with 40iu humalog. so after workout i shot mine 10iu of slin IM and ,thank god,the other one i shot it subq. instaed of IM as i usaully do when shooting hgh and slin at the same time. it really scared the shit outa me when after about an hour and a half my bloodsugar dropped and i felt hypo as i never did before. i really ate and drank everything that contained sugar and was able to get to bed real late as i workout at night.

a real stupid mistake that could have cost me my life.

-rodge

sadukar is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rodge nl.
    i was preloading my pins to take with me to the gym.
    i always have these humalog cartridges wich i put in a empty jino vial. so i always loaded apin with 10iu of slin and a pin with 2iu of hgh,wich equals 40iu on the slinpin. but instead of takin the hgh i filled the second pin with 40iu humalog. so after workout i shot mine 10iu of slin IM and ,thank god,the other one i shot it subq. instaed of IM as i usaully do when shooting hgh and slin at the same time. it really scared the shit outa me when after about an hour and a half my bloodsugar dropped and i felt hypo as i never did before. i really ate and drank everything that contained sugar and was able to get to bed real late as i workout at night.

a real stupid mistake that could have cost me my life.

-rodge
    I C. Glad to hear things turned out alright. Lesson learned huh?

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    18-20iu slin is my magic number never have any probs at all

MrMent1on is offline National Level Bodybuilder
    Ley me told you what I did a while back. I shot 100iu of humulin-R thinking it was = to 10ius and took 100grams of simple carbs. did it a few time and nothing happened as I'm still here. but thats the reason why everyone needs to do their research before using shit. I believe if it was humalog I would have been screwed.

Quote Originally Posted by MrMent1on
    Ley me told you what I did a while back. I shot 100iu of humulin-R thinking it was = to 10ius and took 100grams of simple carbs. did it a few time and nothing happened as I'm still here. but thats the reason why everyone needs to do their research before using shit. I believe if it was humalog I would have been screwed.
    damn!!! glad you are ok

Thread Information