Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    homicide is offline New Member

simple or complex carbs?

Should I take simple carbs or complex carbs while taking IGF?
    Thanks for any help.

j martini is offline Member
    Simple carbs if PWO any other time complex carbs. Igf1 does not have the same hypoglycemic effect as insulin , i have took a shot of igf1 many times without taking carbs after with no problems.

Gear is offline HGH/IGF/Insulin Forum ~ AR-Hall of Famer
    Simple carbohydrates are digested faster which is great PWO as you want fast recovery. Complex carbs stay in your system for a bit longer giving you energy for a few hrs at least. I take complex before training and simple PWO. But as j martini said, IGF is not as bad as insulin when it comes to going hypo.

-Gear

homicide is offline New Member
    I just didnt want to feel tired while having a sh*tload of weight on top of me.

Thanks for the help.

SPIKE is offline AR-Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    I'll combine Martinis and Gear's comments as I like them both but have my own input.

Martini is 100% accurate when saying that IGF-1 doesnt have the same hypo effect as Slin. It seems he has taken LR3 with no carbs and I have taken minimal carbs with no problem. But that does not rule out possible hypogylcemic sides at all. I know people that have taken 40-50mcg and the onset of hypo appears rather quickly. Thos actually need 50-60g of carbs to offset and sides. So even though it isnt common dont rule it out.........

Gear is offline HGH/IGF/Insulin Forum ~ AR-Hall of Famer
    Very true, some people will go hypo a lot easier than others. It all depends on the person so one should carefully experiment and see what suits them best.

-Gear

Thread Information