thunderin is offline Member

Insulin 4iu's IM twice per day vs. 8 iu's IM once per day

I did not like the way 8iu's IM felt when I tried them PWO last year. So, I have started taking 4 iu's right before breakfast and 4 iu's in the afternoon after my workout.

This dosage in very easy to control in term of not going hypo, and I stay hungrier. Any thoughts?

Gear is offline HGH/IGF/Insulin Forum ~ AR-Hall of Famer
    If AAS isn't present, then insulin doses in the AM can be beneficial to stave of catabolism, but its still mostly beneficial PWO.

Its hard to say what dose is a "safe" dose in terms of not experiencing hypo as everybody reacts different. But generally speaking, 4IU is a fairly low dose and most people won't really get any sides of that. Hypo also depends on how much carbs you have too, so that's another thing you have to take into consideration, not only the dose. Some can take 10IU of slin and 80g of carbs and experience hypo. Some may be able to take the same amount of slin and 40g of carbs and experience no sides what so ever. Its very hard to say when you will go hypo. You just have to experiment and find out how your body reacts and how much nutrients it needs, and how much slin it can handle.

-Gear

And if AAS are very present, will it still help me assimilate more carbs and protein?

Gear is offline HGH/IGF/Insulin Forum ~ AR-Hall of Famer
    Ok, I will give you my opinion regarding insulin in the AM.

Wether you are using AAS or not, I would still only use slin PWO. I feel this way because insulin is mostly beneficial PWO, and if taken any other time than you are increasing the chances of fat storage. You might increase the % of nutrient absorption when taking slin in the AM, but as I said, the fat storage chances increase as well. For me, storing fat is the last thing I want therefore that's the reason why I choose to use insulin only after weight training. And considering I give my body all the protein it needs each day, I don't need to take advantage of the extra protein absorption in the AM when using insulin.

Hope that helped.

-Gear

Thank you

Thread Information