rodge is offline AR-Hall of Famer

hgh and t3 levels...study done on dogs. is t3 necesary when on hgh?

Effect of GH and IGF-I treatment on reproduction, growth, and plasma hormone concentrations in domestic nutria (Myocastor coypus).
    The role of GH and IGF-I in the control of reproduction, growth, and hormone secretion in domestic nutria was examined. In the first series of experiments, we studied the effects of single and multiple (daily for 20 days) injections of recombinant hGH (15&mgr;g/animal) on plasma triiodothyronine (T3), thyroxine (T4), and progesterone (P) concentrations, as well as on the duration of pregnancy (time between start of mating and birth of pups), number of pups born, and body weight of adult females and their newborn pups. In the second series of experiments, the effects of single and multiple (daily for 28 days) injections of recombinant hIGF-I (1&mgr;g/animal) on plasma IGF-I, IGFBP-3, T3, T4 concentrations, the duration of pregnancy, and number of offspring delivered were assessed. It was found that either single or multiple GH treatment resulted in significant increase in plasma T3, T4, but not P concentration. Furthermore, it significantly increased the body weight of adults and newborn pups. No influence of GH on the duration of pregnancy and the number of offspring was observed. IGF-I treatment caused an increase in plasma IGF-I concentration, a reduction in plasma IGFBP-3, T3, and T4 concentrations, and a shorter duration of pregnancy but did not alter the number of pups delivered. Our observations suggest that GH and IGF-I may be involved in the control of hormone secretion, growth, and reproduction in domestic nutria. Reproductive processes are controlled by IGF-I rather than by GH, whilst GH may be involved in the stimulation of prenatal and postnatal growth. The differential effects of these substances on thyroid hormones and reproductive parameters suggest that the actions of GH on these processes are probably not mediated by IGF-I.

Gen Comp Endocrinol 2003 May;131(3):296-301
    Sirotkin AV, Mertin D, Suvegova K, Makarevich AV, Mikulova E.Research Institute of Animal Production, Hlohovska 2, 949 92, Nitra, Slovakia
    PMID: 12714012 [PubMed - as supplied by publisher]

Thyroid volume and function in patients with acromegaly living in iodine deficient areas.

Junik R, Sawicka J, Kozak W, Gembicki M.

Department of Endocrinology, University School of Medical Sciences Poznan, Poland.

The aim of our study was to evaluate the size and function of the thyroid in patients with acromegaly. In 39 patients concentrations of HGH, PRL, TSH, T3 and T4 were measured and the thyroid volume was calculated with the using of ultrasound examination. The control group comprised 5 patients with acromegaly in a stage of remission and 98 controls. We concluded that the size of the goiter in patients with acromegaly depends on serum concentration of HGH, but it does not depend on the concentration of TSH, T3, T4 and PRL. Goiter is present in 87% of patients with acromegaly, 46% of them are nodular goiters. The thyroid function in acromegaly is normal.

PMID: 9186819 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

Effects of short-term growth hormone treatment on PTH, calcitriol, thyroid hormones, insulin and glucagon.

Brixen K, Nielsen HK, Bouillon R, Flyvbjerg A, Mosekilde L.

University Department of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Aarhus County Hospital, Denmark.

We measured changes in serum insulin-like growth factor-1 (IGF-1), calcitriol, parathyroid hormone (PTH), thyroid hormones, insulin, and plasma glucagon in response to seven days of treatment with a pharmacological dosage of recombinant human growth hormone (r-hGH) (0.1 IU/kg sc twice daily) or placebo in 20 normal male volunteers to evaluate whether the effect of r-hGH on biochemical bone markers could be attributed to changes in these hormones. Serum IGF-1 (p < 0.001) and vitamin D-binding protein (p < 0.001) increased steadily during treatment returning to baseline at day 14. Total calcitriol (p < 0.01) and free calcitriol index (p < 0.001) increased transiently at day 4. Furthermore, serum insulin (p < 0.001) and both total (p < 0.001) and free triiodothyronine (p < 0.02) increased during treatment, while serum PTH and plasma glucagon remained unchanged. In conclusion, pharmacological doses of r-hGH increased not only IGF-1 but also free-calcitriol index, insulin, and free T3. The increase in these hormones may be co-responsible for some of the observed effects of r-hGH on bone turnover and calcium homeostasis.

Publication Types:
    Clinical Trial
    Controlled Clinical Trial

PMID: 1449044 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE

Booz is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    so unless i have read this wrong.....this is actually saying that you do not need to use t3 with gh because the gh actually raises free T3 anyways........if i have read this wrong rodge could you please explane this in laymans terms........................

Remember.............for us to help you you need to help us....................stats and exp.........

Source checks and Ugl's to be kept to PM's
    dont ask for source checks unless you have 100 posts/and 45 days minimum as a participating member.........

Booz.. a long-standing member of the AR Police:

sorry but absolutely no sources will be checked at this present time....

i don't totally understand it myself but was talking with some bro's on a dutch forum and one came up with the first study and that mademe thinking about researching it any further but i cant find anything conclusive that we need to add t3 to our hgh cycle, only some evidence that we may not need it. i hope some more knowledgeable bro's can shed some light.

-rodge

goose is offline Banned
    Bump for redbaron on this one....

Thread Information