Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer

Useing Insulin...

Can those who have used exogenous insulin tell me a few things about your experience?

1. What has it done for your physique?

2. How has it changed your training and gains?

3. What method do you use today (how often do you stay on? When do you use it most? IM/Subq?)?

Thonks!

Ejuicer is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Warrior
    Can those who have used exogenous insulin tell me a few things about your experience?

3. What method do you use today (how often do you stay on? When do you use it most? IM/Subq?)?

Thonks!

1. No drastic changes. It does give me an appearance of fullness the entire time i'm on it however.
    2. Recovery times seem to be shorter while running.
    3. 12iu's im for about 6 weeks at a time.

SPIKE is offline AR-Hall of Famer/RETIRED

1. For what it has done for my physique as far as what I can see in the mirror I wouldnt say too much. As already stated my muscles feel much fuller when I"m on but actual LBM gain isnt that great. When I used it without AAS I didnt see much of a budge as far as scale weight or actual LBM. When used with GH/AAS I have progressed but unfortunately cant give total credit to any one compound. The actual combination is great though.

2. It has changed my training but more so mental then anything. I know that when my workout is complete I will be able to hit the locker room and take my slin and know whats in store for a short time after. The actual training end of it wasnt and hasnt been affected at all.

3. I have and always will use it IM PWO. I see no need to use it Sub-q, that will only make it harder to control blood glucose levels. The last thing I need to worry about it taking Glucose tabs with me everywhere I go wondering if its still active or not. Typically 10-12iu PWO on WO days only. I have used it on non WO days in the AM but didnt see an advantage with it. For the future it will remain the same. 10-12IU PWO on WO days cycled for 4 weeks at a time. The 4 week cycled time period just makes me feel a lot better both mentally and physically. I have no proof that it will result in permanant dependancy. I"m also very lathargic when I"m no slin and please no one comment that I need more carbs. I consume more then enough. When I"m on Slin I cant wait to get off.

Gear is offline HGH/IGF/Insulin Forum ~ AR-Hall of Famer
    Image and strength wise it had done nothing for me. I use it for recovery purposes only. I always do IM and always cycle it with AAS involved.

-Gear

Johnny Fantastic is offline New Member
    damn insulin doesnt sound like it's worth it. it doesn't do much for ure physique and can kill u and makes u feel like shit

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Fantastic
    damn insulin doesnt sound like it's worth it. it doesn't do much for ure physique and can kill u and makes u feel like shit
    Yes, but nothing like getting some extra dump trucks to fill up and move more nutrients... it's got me thinking about it. Actually, I was more inclined to run a glucose test for a few days to get my baseline and then use slin for carb up days only... in an effort to make them more effective in a shorter time...

I am just curious if exogenous insulin has any real marked benefits... either in training, body composition or perhaps any other cosmetic benefit...

Thanks for everyone who has posted so far!

Booz is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    good post Warrior,you kinda beat me to it as i am thinking on runnin slin with my upcoming summer cycle.....
    am a newb when it comes to slin...........

Big Bapper is offline Member
    Slin is one of the most Anabolic hormone there is, what other hormone can carry nutritants into the muscle like slin. I get a great anabolic effect from it PWO carrying all those goddies into the muscle. Think about it why do you think all the creatine transport products that have simple carbs added to cause the body to relace insulin to carry the creatine into the muscle. That is good enough for me to justify its use when on gear. In regards to time on time off, I just take a short break whenever I think I need it. I have been using it for over 8 years on and off. Dont belive it can make you insulin depenant if only used PWO.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Fantastic
    it doesn't do much for ure physique and can kill u and makes u feel like shit
    Its not that it doesnt do too much for your physique but its the fact that people expect too much from it. If you know exactly why and what you are taking it for you wont be let down.

Take another look at what Gear wrote in post #4. He's a MOD in this forum for a reason and his title is supported by his comments. Straight to the point and very accurate.

If you know what you're taking it for you wont be disappointed. If you're looking for a miracle drug then you'll be looking for a very very long time buddy.

IBdmfkr is offline AR VET
    Great posts, I feel the same as Jay on the subject. I'll continue to use it in the future with GH/AAS and w/PCT.

Gear is offline HGH/IGF/Insulin Forum ~ AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayhova
    If you're looking for a miracle drug then you'll be looking for a very very long time buddy.
    Great call Jay. I think many need to know that when it comes to insulin .

-Gear

Yellowknifer is offline Junior Member
    I think it's scary that people take insulin to build muscle. You're clearly going past your bodies limits and as a result are increasing your risk of developing diabetes later in life exponentially. Not a wise move imo. Being diabetic sucks. Purely my opinion though. I'm willing to listen to any questions people have about it and answer them as I am a long time diabetic having plenty of experience with all of the side effects of overdosing etc etc etc etc etc etc (basically I've experienced it all).

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    I've run insulin in the past and it's my favorite hormone.

I respond 'better' to it than androgens

That being said i'll respond to your questions:

I used it last year as my sole anabolic ... with t3.. in my precontest mode.

I dropped 40 lbs in 11 weeks using my specific diet/workout/cardio +insulin and a low dose of t3.

I was a lot 'grainier' than previous years... and a lot stronger.

I made personal bests at my lightest body weight (495 lb deadlift x 1 rep).. that i'm only now surpassing (at over 40 lbs heavier than my precontest weight: 500 lb deadlift x 2 reps).

IM.. pwo.. in the muscle worked..

a.m. IM on non-training days

4 weeks on.. 4 weeks off.

Thonks!
    np

~Nark

No other slin users on AR huh???????

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

IBdmfkr is offline AR VET
    bump

speedtraining is offline Senior Member
    What are the side effects other then death if you use to much, when you come off did there seem to be any problems, obviously when you use test it shuts your natural test down is there a similar effect with slin. What are the chances of becoming diabetic if any at all? I'm highly interested in slin also but apprehensive.

Quote Originally Posted by speedtraining
    What are the side effects other then death if you use to much, when you come off did there seem to be any problems, obviously when you use test it shuts your natural test down is there a similar effect with slin. What are the chances of becoming diabetic if any at all? I'm highly interested in slin also but apprehensive.
    Print this one out, grab a cup of joe and read it - its pretty detailed: insulin.txt

speedtraining is offline Senior Member
    Print this one out, grab a cup of joe and read it - its pretty detailed: insulin.txt

i will do thanks bro.

I just popped my slin cherry today. Took 8IU's of Actrapid in the tricep at about 7AM and washed it down with some CellTech (lots of dextrose). I am assuming I will be safe for another 8IU (considering 10) around 12, before I eat a big lunch...

This is carb load day for my CKD, where I have to keep pounding carbs and sugars every couple hours anyway... trying to maximize the glycogen supercompensation today...

Since I am pounding carbs all day, and at 247 pounds... would 8IU on these days sound a bit conservative? Got a box of Dextrose with me...

Took 8IU's of Actrapid in the tricep at about 7AM and washed it down with some CellTech (lots of dextrose). I am assuming I will be safe for another 8IU (considering 10) around 12

That's only a 5 hour difference, isnt Actrapid active for at least 8? Obviously it will be much shorter if you're injecting IM which I"m sure you are.

When I've used Humalog twice a day I try to inject according to its active life to avoid overlapping. I know people that have used Humalog several times throughout the day wtih no problem. Either way just keep some Glucose tabs on hand or another simple carb source.

Obviously you know all this I'm just trying to lay out every option. When I popped my cherry I was nervous. Even more nervous when hypo set in a few times. Now that I'm more experienced I never have any problems.

Best of Luck!!!!

I know dude - I knew I had the right measurements and everything - but still quite nervous about it. Probably at least as nervous when I did my first shot of AAS... actually, I remember that and I was all sweaty and shit... this wasn't that bad :P

Anyway... yeah... I did it in the triceps to shorten the active life down, I figured 8 hours would get shrunk down to around 5 or so... or at least to nominal plasma values. So I went with after 1200 for the second one - to line it up with a big lunch. Actually, I did 8IU at 7AM and 9IU at 1215. Everything went perfect... and I had plenty of sugars and I did have a big box of straight dextrose from the pharmacist with me. I'll probably do this 10 and 10 next weekend and use that for this purpose from then on out (carb loading)...

Results: its the evening time and I can say I feel I have deffinitly filled back out quicker this week. Usually I look like I do now the day after... but today, I feel pumped (after carb depleting during the week... and getting flat). I'll see how I look in the morning - the best time to see how a carb load went I try and fit the carb load into 36 hours so the slin should have helped make it more effective...

Keep the feedback coming Warrior!!!!

For some reason Slin hasn't be getting too much credit lately and I feel as it can make a HUGE difference in ones progress. The more feedback we can get from knowledgeable members the better. I'll be starting mine up soon enough.

rodge is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    i find slin very beneficial esp if you compair the cost/benefit ratio. i cycle it the whole year through. interesting to see how you are running it, def keep us updated.

-rodge

I have been on the same training cycle for about 8 weeks and today I got injured - twice... so it may be linked to yesterdays load with insulin . I pulled my right quad doing squats (felt better after elevating it) and then my elbow got aggrevated and weak on the bench. The day after a load I go in and do Squats, Deads, then Bench... a full-body power routine. And I never had these issues before.

But I think part of my troubles today were from my inadequate water intake yesterday. I was drinking a lot of juices and what not... and kept so full I fogot to keep up with my water intake. And since carbs bind to water to get into the muscle - I probably got too dehydrated, especially with the slin. Next load I will up the water intake signifcantly to help with the increased carbs and insulin... and see what happens.

BTW - still feeling pretty pumped up.

And since carbs bind to water to get into the muscle
    Jeez tell me about it. Its amazing how much water binds to carbs making it the heaviest macro in the body. Then people wonder why the Atkins diet makes you lose so much scale weight. Amazes me how scale weight is the main goal of so many people.

OK I'm getting off topic sorry. What is the extent of your injuries? Is it bad to the point where you wont be able to lift for a while?

Quote Originally Posted by Jayhova
    OK I'm getting off topic sorry. What is the extent of your injuries? Is it bad to the point where you wont be able to lift for a while?
    No, I elevated my leg and got the tension off of it and it subsided... then stretched it out. Then I used a different grip for the bench and it helped relocate dome of the tension out - plus I started to curse myself a bit . But it fuked up todays numbers a little... pretty sure it was a dehydration issue. I added some more dumptrucks to carry more nutrients - but didn't provide any gas :P Anyway, the analogy sounds good enough for now. I'll try more water next time...

Thread Information