Thread: Arms go numb

lzicc is offline Senior Member

Arms go numb

I know that hgh is known to cause your hands to go numb, but I have noticed lately that when I am sleeping, my hands and my forarms go numb. I just bumped my dose up from 2.5 iu, 5/7 to 4 iu, 5/7 about 2 months ago roughly and it seems to be following that time frame.

This only happens when I am sleeping and I really feel it when I first wake up. Once I am up for a few minutes, the numbness goes away. I am fine during the day. Anyone else experience this?

Equiguns is offline Associate Member
    normal, not a good thing though, this is why diabetics have to amputate limbs...not trying to scare you, I get the same thing while running GH, a matter of fact two nights ago. You could run some glucophase or something like that, it might help a little bit, sorta mimicks insulin .

FranKieC is offline "AR's Pretty Boy"
    Quote Originally Posted by lzicc
    I know that hgh is known to cause your hands to go numb, but I have noticed lately that when I am sleeping, my hands and my forarms go numb. I just bumped my dose up from 2.5 iu, 5/7 to 4 iu, 5/7 about 2 months ago roughly and it seems to be following that time frame.

This only happens when I am sleeping and I really feel it when I first wake up. Once I am up for a few minutes, the numbness goes away. I am fine during the day. Anyone else experience this?
    Try cutting back you dose to 3iu's then slowy bump up your dose by .5 every two weeks to your desired dosage. this usually works and keeps water retention down

JohnnyB is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by FranKieC
    Try cutting back you dose to 3iu's then slowy bump up your dose by .5 every two weeks to your desired dosage. this usually works and keeps water retention down
    That's what I would recommend, CTS comes with the use of HGH, you can minimized it some, but you'll still have some.

JohnnyB

justtrnd40 is offline Associate Member
    I have had carpal tunnel since I was 18 and had surgery twice on each wrist and once on each elbow. Carpal tunnel affects the thumb and first two fingers. cubital tunnel (the elbow) affects the ring finger and pinky and bottom half of the hand. These areas will go numb especially while sleeping or driving with the hand elevated. In my experience if your whole arm is going numb while sleeping it is usually due to such a deep sleep and laying on the arm that by the time it wakes you its completely numb. A good way to know if it is in the wrist is to hold your arm straight out in front of you with your hand pointing down. With your other hand push your angled hand down keeping your arm straight. If you have a sharp pain in your wrist then its carpal tunnel. I have problems with gh aggravating my carpal tunnel even at small doses but it just affects my hands and fingers. I would say its most likely the higher dose of gh if you haven't had problems before. I know in my case I pretty much have to stay at 2iu to avoid problems and I've been on since last Oct. I keep trying to go up slowly by a 1/2 iu but keep running into the cts problems.
    Last edited by justtrnd40; 05-12-2006 at 06:11 AM.

snoopy is offline Associate Member

You not alone, I get this regular since on gensci jin, especially the day after a hard work out. Does not cause me problems during the day, just had a check up with the doc. fit and healthy. Its a HGH. I try to keep my hands to my sides when I sleep I only get it when my hands are over my head or on my chest, by the way anyone get tired using HGH?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Arms go numb-dragon.jpg  

Glad I'm not the only one.

What do you mean get tired using hgh? Tired while on? I have been tired alot lately. I get a good 8 hours of sleep a night too.

Quote Originally Posted by snoopy
    You not alone, I get this regular since on gensci jin, especially the day after a hard work out. Does not cause me problems during the day, just had a check up with the doc. fit and healthy. Its a HGH. I try to keep my hands to my sides when I sleep I only get it when my hands are over my head or on my chest, by the way anyone get tired using HGH?

Yes for the first 2 weeks on HGH I was drowsy, felt as if i had a cold, felling fine now though, wake up at 5:00 a.m. like one of my kids, jump out of bed and go for a run.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Arms go numb-dragon.jpg  

I had the "not feeling well thing" going on when I first started and after a month or so, that went away. But I gotta say, I could sleep anytime anymore and that is not my nature. My workouts feel good lately though. I don't run out of steam as fast.

znak is offline Senior Member
    Glad I'm not the only one.

What do you mean get tired using hgh? Tired while on? I have been tired alot lately. I get a good 8 hours of sleep a night too.

I get drowsy for the first couple weeks of every cycle. Sometimes it seems that getting a lot of sleep even makes it worse. Takes about 4 weeks for me until I slowly get back to normal.

My sleep is always wonderful on hgh.

FranKieC gives good advice, cu later man.

Whitey is offline Anabolic Member
    On GH, my hands are almost always numb. Sometimes during the day the numbness goes up one or both arms. At night the arms are almost always numb as hell. It's not like an arm falling asleep from lack of circulation, though - it's not as painful, and it won't go away as quickly. I had never thought that it might be an effect of insulin , though. Is this really something to be concerned about, and if so, what to do? I'm only taking 4iu brown top, about to bump to 6iu.

Ufa
    Ufa is offline Anabolic Member
    I got the numb thumb. I decided to go the every other day route with out increasing dosge. I think were getting some good stuff. Both thumbs were
    numb now only right. Maybe I don't need as much as I thought.

Yeah, it's weird - my right side is more numb than my left as well. Don't know why that is. Certainly it terms of sides, it seems like good stuff, bro.

Lately, the numbess is subsiding a little bit. I didn't change my dosage or anything. I guess I am adjusting to it.

slimz is offline New Member
    So you guys are saying that it might be the effect of insulin why your arms go numb?

So if you took insulin then the numbness would go away?

Having the numbness in your hands is that dangerous, is it causing you some damage?

I have been on gh for 5 weeks now at 4iu a day 5/2 . It seems that the longer I am on the more numbness I am getting.

Ufa
    I don't think the numbness is an insulin (thing). I took a two day break, got my blood tested and my GLUCOSE came in at 111 (range 71-114). It's just
    a side that will go away. My opinion.

I know pregnant women develop cts alot and it also is linked to obese people. So I think it is mainly a nerve compression from excess fluid. But it is also a main side affect associated with diabetes.

Ufa
    I'll have to do some research. I did not know pregnanent women should be on growth hormone . True about diabetes. However, if it is not diabetes then it has to be something else.

Ufa
    I'll have to do some research. I did not know pregnanent women should be on growth hormone . True about diabetes. However, if it is not diabetes then it has to be something else. Whatever it is; it has to be healing something.

Quote Originally Posted by Equiguns
    normal, not a good thing though, this is why diabetics have to amputate limbs...not trying to scare you, I get the same thing while running GH, a matter of fact two nights ago. You could run some glucophase or something like that, it might help a little bit, sorta mimicks insulin.
    This is very interesting...

If the arm numbness is a result of BG levels, that would explain why it's not quite the type of feeling you get from joint pain GH sides.

However, running glucophase, actos, or even supplements that act in the same way (chromium, vanadyl sulfate) would seem to counteract the benefit of GH to prevent the uptake of blood glucose into fat cells.

Therefore, the solution would seem to be to stay away from simple carbs and reduce carbs to the point where the numbness, tingling goes away.

If the numbness (not just talking CT, but whole limb numbness) is from something else, I'd sure love to know what that is.

Ufa

Attention:

This is a through a little understood effect called antinatriuretic action, which acts through the kidneys to retain sodium and water. It is this effect that is also responsible for the most commonly reported problems with the use of Growth Hormone -swelling, pain in the joints, and carpal tunnel syndrome. All these effects can be eliminated by lowering the dosage. (119) Dr. Ronal Katz
    Grow Young with HGH.

Quote Originally Posted by Ufa
    I'll have to do some research. I did not know pregnanent women should be on growth hormone. True about diabetes. However, if it is not diabetes then it has to be something else. Whatever it is; it has to be healing something.
    I didn't mean pregnant women were on gh. They develop cts from retaining water while pregnant I assume. Maybe also something to to with hormones?

Thread Information