GearIdentity is offline Associate Member

hgh post-wo or pre-wo?

Im using 5iu's hgh and 10iu's post-workout. I take 2.5iu's first thing in the am. Would I be better off injecting the second 2.5iu shot of hgh post workout with the insulin , IM, or inject the hgh before my workout and then inject my insulin post workout??

IBdmfkr is offline AR VET
    Would you suggest injecting the GH Preworkout Subq while doing the slin (humalog) IM?

Thanx RedBaron, I always look forward to read your threads and posts.

IBdmfkr, I was wondering about the same thing.
    Last edited by GearIdentity; 02-21-2006 at 11:53 AM.

rodge is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by IBdmfkr
    Would you suggest injecting the GH Preworkout Subq while doing the slin (humalog) IM?

slin always IM pwo.
    when hgh is shot pre workout then i would def shoot it subq.

i mostly shoot them both IM pwo.

-rodge

IBdmfkr is offline AR VET
    Thx rodge. That's what I do currently with great results.

Pinnacle is offline AR-Hall of Famer ~ Cocky motherF*cker!
    Quote Originally Posted by IBdmfkr
    I believe that is what he is saying.

RB,I know you don't mind typing.Could you go into a little more detail as to how HGH and slin sort of cancel each other out?I find that interesting since I've never heard that.I'd really like to hear a more in depth explanation if you wouldn't mind?No studies or anything,just a brief reason as to how this/why this occurs.

THX

~Pinnacle~

NotSmall is offline English Rudeboy
    Not to hijack but...

What about am cardio, inject GH before or after?

NotSmall is offline English Rudeboy
    Quote Originally Posted by RedBaron
    Either works acceptably well ... I usually inject very first thing when I wake up, then get up and around and do my am cardio.
    Thanks RB Uda man!

goose is offline Banned
    Very nice post Red,great info.

goose4..

RedBaron, I have read in one of your previous posts that worst times to take HGH would be before a short training session and before bed because this is where we would produce most of our HGH naturally and injecting at this time would inhibit our own natural production. This has me confused because it sort of conflicts with the info you have provided in this thread. Maybe you have suggested this method because I would be implenting either slin or igf-1 and serves a different function?

Quote Originally Posted by GearIdentity
    RedBaron, I have read in one of your previous posts that worst times to take HGH would be before a short training session and before bed because this is where we would produce most of our HGH naturally and injecting at this time would inhibit our own natural production. This has me confused because it sort of conflicts with the info you have provided in this thread. Maybe you have suggested this method because I would be implenting either slin or igf-1 and serves a different function?
    It does really depend on your overall cycle and goal. It is true enough that INTENSE, short duration exercise (think heavy leg day) will spur your body to secrete a 1/3 to 1/2 IU of HGH as a result. Exercise over a long period of time won't have that effect. If we are using HGH as a component of HRT, then avoiding injections around the time of a really heavy, short duration exercise session may equate to some more free HGH. If on the other hand we are taking 5-10 IU's of HGH, insulin , IGF, and a cycle of AAS, then this little extra is not as big a issue.

In your case, as you are using HGH and insulin and are interested in the fat burning properties of HGH, the before/after timing would seem to be a sensible approach. For others with a different cycle and goal, it may not be well advised.

toopowerful4u is offline Junior Member
    OK.......

so if HGH hinders the uptake of glucose by all tissues in the body (including muscle) wouldnt that hinder your workout? Less glucose uptaken by the muscles would kill your pump and workout endurance pretty quick wouldnt it?

StrengthSWE is offline Junior Member
    Very good and interesting reading!!

Whitey is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by toopowerful4u
    OK.......

so if HGH hinders the uptake of glucose by all tissues in the body (including muscle) wouldnt that hinder your workout? Less glucose uptaken by the muscles would kill your pump and workout endurance pretty quick wouldnt it?
    It's all a balancing act, depending on your goals I think. If it took a little bit out of your workout, I really don't think it'd be much - I haven't really noticed a difference myself, but it would be well worth it if your goal were burning fat. You'll just deplete your glycogen stores and then replenish them with PWO nutrition.

toopowerful4u is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitey
    It's all a balancing act, depending on your goals I think. If it took a little bit out of your workout, I really don't think it'd be much - I haven't really noticed a difference myself, but it would be well worth it if your goal were burning fat. You'll just deplete your glycogen stores and then replenish them with PWO nutrition.
    What if your goal is gaining MASS? You would want optimal workouts right? How would you THEN do this?

Whitey is offline Anabolic Member
    Well, first off, GH is really not a mass builder. I think it affects the quality of lean mass, and is an excellent fat disposal agent. But if you're just talking about getting the most intense workout possible, I'd say (1) I really don't think it will make THAT much of a difference to your workout, (2) test it out yourself and see if it does - 2 or 3 workouts with and without, (3) and if you conclude that it is hampering your workout significantly, just take the GH PWO.

I wouldn't even sweat a decision like this too much unless I were a serious ectomorph and just couldn't gain weight no matter what. And if that were the case, I wouldn't spend the money on GH - just my opinion. Maybe IGF-1, probably insulin , would be my choice if that were the case.

Maybe RB can chime in here and add to/correct what I'm saying.

Thread Information