Thread: insulin q's

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    yankeeman411 is offline New Member

insulin q's

whats up everyone, i just started taking insulin today and i have a couple of questions that i hope someone can answer for me.
    first off i've done plenty of research but there arae a few questions i cant answer
    1. do you cycle on and off from insulin, if so how many on how many off
    2. what are the average gains, and how much of that do you keep when you go off
    3. and finally should i expect any fat gain

i appreciate all the help i can get. thanks

rodge is offline AR-Hall of Famer

thasnks man great link

help me get this straight.
    insulin forces nutrients(protein) into muscles. The only reason you need to take carbs is so you dont become hypo. Try to take as little carbs as possible so you dont get fat but enough so you dont ****ing kill your self.
    does that sum it up

spicyer is offline Associate Member
    Yes it sums it up, but best advice I got was in an article which stated DO NO RUN INSULIN WITHOUT A GLUCOSE METER. Once you determine your baseline level at different times of the day, it is important to check level to be sure you are ok. If you go hypo it may be too late, get the meter and don't gamble. Also very good idea if training partner/spouse/girlfriend etc. knows what you are doing. It could save your life if you go into shock.

Gear is offline HGH/IGF/Insulin Forum ~ AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by spicyer
    Yes it sums it up, but best advice I got was in an article which stated DO NO RUN INSULIN WITHOUT A GLUCOSE METER. Once you determine your baseline level at different times of the day, it is important to check level to be sure you are ok. If you go hypo it may be too late, get the meter and don't gamble. Also very good idea if training partner/spouse/girlfriend etc. knows what you are doing. It could save your life if you go into shock.
    BG monitor is a great idea, but you sholdn't rely on it. Just because the monitor is showing low levels, it doesn't necessaraly mean you need more carbs. Your low level could be my mid level or someone else's high level. Evereybody is different, so take carbs if you feel the need to not if the monitor says so. Use the monitor as a guideline only, this will help you guess how far away from hypp you may be, it will get you ready.

-Gear

Quote Originally Posted by yankeeman411
    help me get this straight.
    insulin forces nutrients(protein) into muscles. The only reason you need to take carbs is so you dont become hypo. Try to take as little carbs as possible so you dont get fat but enough so you dont ****ing kill your self.
    does that sum it up
    That's correct. But you must remember that carbohydrates are not only going to keep you from going hypo, they will also help you recover faster PWO too, so that's another reason why we recomend to take carbs PWO. Take just enough carbs to keep you out of hypo, anymore isn't really necessary IMO.

-Gear

You should really do the full research before use, but here are your answers anyway.

Most cycle insulin 4 weeks ON/OFF, so cycle longer, some cycle without breaks but IMO you're best of with the 4 ON/OFF method as that is what most do successfully.

You won't gain much from slin, no size or strength if that's what you're after. It will shuttle nutrients into cells so it's great for recovery that's why people use it PWO, great through PCT too to help maintain gains.

Fat gain depends on what you eat. When using insulin you should only be consuming carbohydrates and proteins at certain times. Once insulin is no longer active you may eat as you usally do.

-Gear

good luck bro and be safe.

-rodge

vermin is offline Member
    What about the 1-2IU with each meal alternative to PWO slin?

Quote Originally Posted by vermin
    What about the 1-2IU with each meal alternative to PWO slin?

not worth it imo. best is to take slin when we can use its benefits the most... PWO.

-rodge

The thing is, BBers use insulin the more dangerous way. They do this to ensure they don't gain any excess fat while at the same time they are still getting great recovery and not going hypo either. As said earlier on, it is dangerous practise, but it's how insulin is used when it comes to bodybuilding. This isn't the way diabetics use insulin.

Perhaps a beginner should always make sure they are consuming more than enough carbs just to be safe, but this certinly isn't the way to use insulin. Once they get a feel of what insulin does, they can start to play around with carbs consumption amount and that's when they will see better results.

-Gear

Thread Information