omni is offline New Member

Unhappy What is going on?

I am 30yrs old and 185lbs. I do 30 minutes of cardio four times a week. I eat quality food. No fastfood. No transfat. No high fructose corn syrup. No alcohol. No smoking.

The problem is that I am getting more and more belly fat. This bloooowws. I have been researching hgh for a while and these forums are a treasure of information. I had my bloodwork done and my testosterone was at 340. Kind of low, but still reasonable. My doctor prescribed me 3mg Androgel but I have yet to pull the trigger because I doubt its anabolic effects relative to other options and I also fear post-cycle depression and lethargy.

I guess I am looking for some direction and experiences from new/intermediate users. Any thoughts from you pros?
    Last edited by omni; 10-28-2006 at 06:35 PM.

JohnboyF is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by omni
    I am 30yrs old and 185lbs. I do 30 minutes of cardio four times a week. I eat quality food. No fastfood. No transfat. No high fructose corn syrup. No alcohol. No smoking.

The problem is that I am getting more and more belly fat. This bloooowws. I have been researching hgh for a while and these forums are a treasure of information. I had my bloodwork done and my testosterone was at 340. Kind low but still reasonable. My doctor prescribed my 3mg Androgel but I have yet to pull the trigger because I doubt its anabolic effects relative to other options and I also fear post-cycle depression and lethargy.

I guess I am looking for some direction and experiences from new/intermediate users. Any thoughts from you pros?

When you mean quality.. can u bee a bit more specific? i.e whats an sample diet like for you? this may be the problem.

For example, my average day might look like this:

(drinking water all day)
    breakfast: toast, juice, skim milk
    mid-morning: yogurt
    noon thru afternoon: 1/2lbs of curry chicken
    evening: spinach salad + angel hair pasta with a can of tuna
    night: maybe some pita chips

JohnboyF is offline Banned
    okay wow,

OMNi simply your not eaten enough nor are you eating quality food..

Meal 1-2 have no protein

Meal 3 is poision curry chicken is tasty but NOT HEALTHY the meat is fried with oil EXcessive salt..

Meal 4: is the pasta whole wheat? ( i dont think it pasta i would not suggest when trying to loose weight)

Meal 5 : pita chips no protein again...

You have approxitmalt 25 grams of protien from tuna and lets say 60 grams (over estimate) from the curry.. Yeilding 75 grams of protein in your day..

I suggest going to the diet forum and reading BOTH bulking and cutting diets so you can see how to eat properly and according...

and no need to go on HGH

spiderman405 is offline Junior Member
    Well there is your problem right there. Forgive my humor and exageration but truth that is a HORRIBLE diet!!!!!! You are eating like no protein. No wonder.You should be happy though that all you need to do is learn and adjust. That is a great way to get belly fat. First you need to workout with weights 4-5 days per week and keep the cardio after your workouts. You need minimum of 1.5-2 grams protein per pound of bodyweight. Eat 6 times per day to burn fat and feed your muscles. Its simple. Your diet and workout is the problem but you can easily reverse this. Pm me if you need more info. I have been bodybuilding for 19 years.

thanks for the quick responses. no offense taken Spiderman405 - i agree that my protein needs up'ed and included with every meal. Though, when I go to the gym I just don't have the energy or (the time) to lift and then do 30 minutes of cardio. i will be checking out the diets in these forums soon.

KeyMastur is offline VET
    when are you doing your cardio ? how high is your heart rate ?

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    I agree, your diet seems to be the problem. I recommend to try to eat every 2 hours of course healthy), small meals and add protien shakes( muscle milk will do) in also, they speed my metabolism greatly. The more often you eat the less fat your body will store because of how often you feed it, it has no need to store fat. Ever hear a fat guy say " I dont know why Im fat, I only eat once a day", well his body storing all the fat he eats that one time because its afraid of not being fed the next day (starvation). It works well, once you get your metabolism going like this for a few months, you can cheat, then cut carbs the next day and have no problems at all.

KeyMastur - during my cardio I run track or eliptical machine and use a HIIT strategy - but honestly the level of intensity depends on my energy levels. Generally, I will sprint to get my heart rate between 170-180 before bringing it down to about 130-140 by jogging. I do my workouts in the evening and get a great sweat.
    Last edited by omni; 10-28-2006 at 07:43 PM.

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    I forgot to say Im all for the use of GH, but your diet needs to be worked on before you'll rep the BF loss of GH.

vermin is offline Member
    Good points on diet, but take the Androgel - 340 is very low for your age and it is not helping you at all.

rodge is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    as said you def need to eat more often to speed up your meatbolisme. make sure to take in enough protein and complex carbs to heat up the fire and having enough energy to help you through your workouts.

-rodge

i just finished an isopure protein shake for breakfast.. thanks for setting me on the right path.

an update after giving the diet section lots of attention. I completely dropped dairy and most snacks from my diet. I added oatmeal. I added spinach. I added a soluble fiber supplement. I am eating every couple of hours.

I have been doing 30min of cardio every other day and am beginning to see the results. I can see some abs under there. I am encouraged.

plzr8 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by omni
    an update after giving the diet section lots of attention. I completely dropped dairy and most snacks from my diet. I added oatmeal. I added spinach. I added a soluble fiber supplement. I am eating every couple of hours.

I have been doing 30min of cardio every other day and am beginning to see the results. I can see some abs under there. I am encouraged.

glad to hear, keep up the good work! its nice to see some people listen to what the knowledgable members here have to say

vermin is offline Member
    Gratz

Thread Information