broncojosh is offline Senior Member

cutting and insulin...

So I've used insulin a number of times, always with amazing results, but always with growth in my cycles, and on bulking cycles. This time I'm cutting, (test, winny, and tren ) and am choosing not to run growth, as my face always gets super bloated. I have 8 weeks of this cycle left, just started the winny and tren, and was wondering if it is counter productive to run the slin if I'm trying to cut. Any thoughts would be great.
    Josh

Gear is offline HGH/IGF/Insulin Forum ~ AR-Hall of Famer
    Fat storage chances increase by far when you use insulin and that's why I won't use it while I'm cutting. However, it can still be used when cutting, you just have to know how much nutrinets your body needs while insulin is active. This can be tricky.

-Gear

rodge is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    when slin is used while cutting you have to make sure that most if not all carbs are consumed while slin is active. keep an close eye on bloodsugar. but same as gear i personally wo'n't use it while cutting.

be safe,

-rodge

1buffsob is offline Mr.Modesty
    I've used it before for cutting. It's dangerous and you have to be extremely anal about everything. But I wouldn't recommend anyone else do it except for carb loading days. I went hypo a number of times. There's is no room for error.

Quote Originally Posted by 1buffsob
    There's is no room for error.
    correct, one should be very experienced with slin before considering its use in cutting.

-rodge

I agree, I've used slin w/ clen to cut before, it CAN be done but everything needs to be in order and very precise or you'll screw it up big time. You either need to take the bulk of your carbs PWO or split up the shots throughout the day. I would do like 2 iu's w/ my normal breakfast, then a couple more before lunch, then like 3 or 4iu's PWO. I find that when you only do 2-3 iu's at a time, the side effects are not as pronounced and you dont have to change much as far as sugar intake goes. But I'm very experienced w/ insulin and I know exactly what I need to keep from going too hypo. I also dont need 10 grams of sugar per iu either, I can get away w/ 5-6 grams of sugar PWO, but again this is me and I wouldnt advise this. Rambo had an excellent thread on using clen and slin to cut w/, I followed his protocal, do a search for it bro. However, if I was cycling anyways I wouldnt bother with this, I only did it when I was taking a break from steroids and still wanted to utilize different cutting/ muscle retaining tactics that would give me some sort of edge but not shut me down like anabolics, good luck!!

I really don't see major benefits from insulin while cutting anyway, so I don't see the point. I understand it will help shuttle nutrients therefore better recovery, but in terms of your body image, well I can tell you now your image is more than likely to stay the same. Same goes for insulin when bulking.

-Gear

broncojosh is offline Senior Member
    I've used insulin in a number of bulking cycles, but last time I really cut, I ran slin in 4 week intervals, but with growth, and didn't have a problem. My concern now is that I don't want to run growth this cycle. When cutting before I had to be super strict with my pwo intake, and reduced my pwo to 7grams of dextrose per iu. I also didn't go near as high on my insulin intake, capping it around 8iu's, where as bulking I'm comfortable in the 12iu range. I weighted in today at 233 and calipered at 13 1/2%, which means I'm about 8 pounds from where I want to be. Thinking I'll just hold off on the slin till I'm bulking at the end of March. Thanks guys.

Yeah good idea, I'd put insulin on hold for now too.

Best of luck.

-Gear

i think that insulin while cutting has its place when your a controlled athlete and can't use aas. i believe nark has done a show prep once this way.

-rodge

Quote Originally Posted by rodge
    i think that insulin while cutting has its place when your a controlled athlete and can't use aas. i believe nark has done a show prep once this way.

-rodge
    Yeah. I remember him telling me about that. Lost 30lbs+ durring pre comp using slin as his only anabolic . Also used a small dose of t3 I believe. But Nark is a freak, so he's not a good example.

Quote Originally Posted by 1buffsob
    But Nark is a freak
    correct

-rodge

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    Blasphemy.. I'm a great example

Slin.

Quote Originally Posted by Narkissos
    Blasphemy.. I'm a great example

Slin.

BTW, your sig is obnoxiously long.

Jimmyrush is offline New Member
    How about this:

1) you stay low carb high protein, maybe even zero carbs all day long with one morning cardio session
    2) only bcaa + glutamin + caffeine pre cardio
    3) high protein days to preserve muscle
    *this should keep you in fat loss region throughout the day
    4) fast acting slin evenings (say 7pm) post or even pre workout with 8-10 grams of simple carbs per iu + 40-80 powder or liquid BCAA in your intra workout drink
    5) 50 grams of complex carbs pwm and 60-80 grams of protein
    *this should spend the carbs for the workout and stuff the nutrients into the muscles and allow you to recuperate fast and still be carb empty to enter that fat loosing phase in the morning

THE FINAL RESULT BEING FAT LOSS AND MUSCLE GAIN ON THE CYCLE.

Please critique this since I have 8 weeks to cut and gain some muscle and cannot go to gear.
    Last edited by Jimmyrush; 11-01-2013 at 04:04 PM.

GeCe is offline New Member
    Insulin is used by some pros for cutting, but with a completely different protocol. One way use (by a lot of people, including me) - it gets you in ketosis in less than 24 hrs - 2ius every 2hrs for 4 sots with no carbs,just protein and same veggies, an a bit of fat, and if done right, next day u ll be in ketosis. 2nd - 2-3 ius befre cardio on an empty stomach first thing in the morning - just have a c=glucometer. Ususally if u feel dizzy sit and restart with lower intensity cardio...HR goal - 120 bpm. 3rd - a few ius of GH + 3-5 ius of Humalog/Novorapid will dramatically increase the IGF-1 in your body which has fatty acids break down abilities, for energy, and also slin combined with GH u dont have to take 10g carbs/per 1 iu of slin. With the synergy between two, even on 2-3 iu of legit GH and 5ius of slin, you will need 25 gr of carbs, tops, slow carbs. I personally do bout IM first the gh and 20 mins later the slin. Again in this method the main thing you are looking for is the big IGF-1 conversion from the combo....

HoldMyBeer is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GeCe View Post
    Insulin is used by some pros for cutting, but with a completely different protocol. One way use (by a lot of people, including me) - it gets you in ketosis in less than 24 hrs - 2ius every 2hrs for 4 sots with no carbs,just protein and same veggies, an a bit of fat, and if done right, next day u ll be in ketosis. 2nd - 2-3 ius befre cardio on an empty stomach first thing in the morning - just have a c=glucometer. Ususally if u feel dizzy sit and restart with lower intensity cardio...HR goal - 120 bpm. 3rd - a few ius of GH + 3-5 ius of Humalog/Novorapid will dramatically increase the IGF-1 in your body which has fatty acids break down abilities, for energy, and also slin combined with GH u dont have to take 10g carbs/per 1 iu of slin. With the synergy between two, even on 2-3 iu of legit GH and 5ius of slin, you will need 25 gr of carbs, tops, slow carbs. I personally do bout IM first the gh and 20 mins later the slin. Again in this method the main thing you are looking for is the big IGF-1 conversion from the combo....
    This is bad advice, please don't listen to him
    Plus this is an ancient thread and I'm pretty sure this topic was covered in depth with a modern approach by gearheaded

Thread Information