darkzide is offline Junior Member

Will insulin make you stronger?

Will insulin give you any gains in strength? and are the gains temporary when stacked with creatine/Gluatmine

perhaps, and ull have a blast in a diabetic coma =]

Maldorf is offline Senior Member
    I would really say no. Ive been cycling insulin now for about a year, and from my experience it really just aids in recovery. You seem to recover a bit faster, but I wouldnt say I put on any more strength. I do gain a bit of mass while on it, but that goes away pretty fast once you stop taking it. This is probably mostly due to the amount of carbs that I need to add while taking it.

trenzbyotch is offline Associate Member
    used post-workout insulin helps shuttle nutrients to muscle cells to aid in faster recovery.. buyer beware though, insulin ain't no joke and only experienced bros need aply..

Seattle Junk is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by trenzbyotch
    used post-workout insulin helps shuttle nutrients to muscle cells to aid in faster recovery.. buyer beware though, insulin ain't no joke and only experienced bros need aply..

Exactly. Slin moves nutrients into the muscles with high efficiency. A safer choice would be lr3-igf1 IMO because it acts very much like slin without hazards. Do lots of reading if you plan on using slin, it's not for beginners. I personally prefer igf.

Oh yeah, great combo from what I've read is: GH, AAS, slin, t3. That's the fun pack. I've did all that at once except the slin.

Quote Originally Posted by Seattle Junk
    Oh yeah, great combo from what I've read is: GH, AAS, slin, t3. That's the fun pack. I've did all that at once except the slin.
    I do all those, except use T4 instead of T3. It still is not a magic potion, and doesnt live up to what many people think it should be.

GauchB is offline Associate Member
    A bro of mine loves insulin but he says it's only good for healing purposes,

I personally don't have the balls to try the stuff.

Good luck if you choose to use it.

Schmidty is offline Test Is Best!
    I would never touch slin. No matter how experienced iam

GauchB is offline Associate Member
    Right there with ya bro just too risky fo me!!!!

Schmidty is offline Test Is Best!
    No shit I really dont like comas to much

bogdan84uzy is offline Associate Member
    if a protocol is followed,then it will be no problem with hipo

Superhuman is offline Banned
    my friend has been running HGH and insulin for 2 months and went from 6'1" 280lb to 295lbs and he has leaned up, too. Probably around 11% bodyfat. He shoots 10IUs before AND after lifting and eats a candybar with a Monster energy drink right after he shoots each time. He says his pumps during his workout are unbelievable. I'm gonna start shooting it like that today.

badboy247 is offline Junior Member
    bogdan its that kinda naive attitude to slin that results in injuries and worse. there are guys that have trained 10 years or more and never touched slin because of its potentially lethal side effects. its more than a just following a protocol.. any mods or exp bros feel free to chip in on this one. ..

Quote Originally Posted by badboy247
    bogdan its that kinda naive attitude to slin that results in injuries and worse. there are guys that have trained 10 years or more and never touched slin because of its potentially lethal side effects. its more than a just following a protocol.. any mods or exp bros feel free to chip in on this one. ..
    I think most people blow this way out of proportion. If you follow the protocol and know the signs of going hypo you can use this responsibly. Many people use glucose blood monitors too, this would be even better. Now I dont believe in shooting insulin before you exercise, I do think that might be asking for problems. I once did my post workout slin shot and came home to mow the lawn. Just mowing the lawn ended up making me hypo, but after consuming some simple sugars I was fine within a couple of minutes. Here again, it seems like a lot of people talking against things they have no experience with at all. Much like most of the US public think that AAS are a terrible threat to your health.

jdavis2007 is offline Associate Member
    We all have to remember that EVERYONE will react less severe or more severe to the hypoglycemic (blood glucose lowering) effects of an insulin shot. Yes, 9 out of 10 guys will be fine with no trips to the hospital, but insulin shots have been used as murder weapons in the past with great efficiency, so definitely make an informed decision. If insulin completely healed joints, restored hair-loss, packed on fast-twitch muslce fibers and leaned people up considerably,...maybe I would give it a try. But, it is all about risk/reward. For the reward of taking slin, for me personally it's not worth the risk of taking it. To each their own. It has it's place in bodybuilding, but it's up to you if you would like to choose it. Good luck...

bmuhtneerg is offline New Member
    I know of some guys who talk 10iu after lifting and take 50 or 60 grams of dextrose and are fine. I have tried slin and take 80 grams of dextrose and at most 4iu and still felt like I was going hypo. I'm not sure if I'm super sensitive or what but I like IGF way better. It's just not worth the risk for me however many use it with no problems. I personally like living at the present moment so no slin for me again for a long long time.

I'll take 10IUs and right afterwards I will eat 10g of Glucose, 100g of various simple carbs and 100 or so grams of Complex Carbs

jdavis2007 is offline Associate Member
    I think 'slin is pointless unless you are a COMPETING bodybuilder. Otherwise, it does not serve much purpose for the average guy wanting the aesthetic qualities of androgens, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by jdavis2007
    I think 'slin is pointless unless you are a COMPETING bodybuilder. Otherwise, it does not serve much purpose for the average guy wanting the aesthetic qualities of androgens, etc.
    well, insulin is debatably the MOST anabolic substance you can use so why wouldn't it be much purpose for someone who just wants to look good? I've been on insulin for a few weeks now and besides a little bit of light-headedness occasionally after a shot everything has been great

Ziricote is offline New Member
    Well, Insulin binds to both the Insulin Receptor and the IGF-1 Receptor although I don't know how well it binds to IGF-1R...if it's like IGF-1 binding to the Insulin Receptor it's probably not that great at it but still, that's a double whammy.

About the "it's pointless if you don't compete" thing, well then I guess the same goes with steroids and peptides in your book. At the end of the day they're all anabolic , it's upto the person to decide what is best suited to them.

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    "bodgan" is right.

Danger manifests when the user is lazy or ignorant of the required protocol.

BBs advising slin-use on this forum have layed out a very explicit protocol to prevent the manifestation of hypoglycemia.

Any BB who's run slin would attest to the simplicity of the protocol.

Quote Originally Posted by Ziricote
    Well, Insulin binds to both the Insulin Receptor and the IGF-1 Receptor although I don't know how well it binds to IGF-1R...if it's like IGF-1 binding to the Insulin Receptor it's probably not that great at it but still, that's a double whammy.

Also, exogenous application increases FSH...and lowers SHBG.

...Making slin especially awesome during pct.

I've run it alone on a number of occasions..and in PCT.

I'd be lying if i said it does nothing for strength...

I think the fundamental error in analysis of 'gains' comes when people try to quantify the weight of recovery.

Increased recovery is a benefit... and increasing recovery (i.e. the rebuilding process) increases structural strenght...which increases potential contractile output.

i.e. you get stronger

Another error is in quantifying its effects when used within a highly androgenic cycle.

DUH you won't notice a 5 lb increase on your bench if you've put 50 lbs on your bench because you're running a gram of tren .

Like i said above... i've used it alone. I've used it alone while cutting especially, and made strength gains. etc.

Slin has a lot of potential.

Slin + igf (a protocol i wouldn't advise for the noob slin user).. has even greater potential imo.

-Narkissos

Quote Originally Posted by bmuhtneerg
    I know of some guys who talk 10iu after lifting and take 50 or 60 grams of dextrose and are fine. I have tried slin and take 80 grams of dextrose and at most 4iu and still felt like I was going hypo. I'm not sure if I'm super sensitive or what but I like IGF way better. It's just not worth the risk for me however many use it with no problems. I personally like living at the present moment so no slin for me again for a long long time.
    'feeling' isn't quantifiable

Did you use a blood glucose meter to determine if your BG had indeed dropped?

How about the risk of developing diabetes from exongenous insulin dependency? That's my biggest concern. Considering my mother has adult onset diabetes I do not want to develop that much earlier in life. My mother controls her's with diet so she is not on slin. But you have to look at your family history and ask yourself if it's worth it. Do you want to be dependent on slin for the rest of your life starting at 30?

Quote Originally Posted by Narkissos
    Also, exogenous application increases FSH...and lowers SHBG.

...Making slin especially awesome during pct.

I've run it alone on a number of occasions..and in PCT.

I'd be lying if i said it does nothing for strength...

I think the fundamental error in analysis of 'gains' comes when people try to quantify the weight of recovery.

Increased recovery is a benefit... and increasing recovery (i.e. the rebuilding process) increases structural strenght...which increases potential contractile output.

i.e. you get stronger

Another error is in quantifying its effects when used within a highly androgenic cycle.

DUH you won't notice a 5 lb increase on your bench if you've put 50 lbs on your bench because you're running a gram of tren .

Like i said above... i've used it alone. I've used it alone while cutting especially, and made strength gains. etc.

Slin has a lot of potential.

Slin + igf (a protocol i wouldn't advise for the noob slin user).. has even greater potential imo.

-Narkissos
    Nark, you are a competing BB though...

badboy247 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Maldorf
    I think most people blow this way out of proportion. If you follow the protocol and know the signs of going hypo you can use this responsibly. Many people use glucose blood monitors too, this would be even better. Now I dont believe in shooting insulin before you exercise, I do think that might be asking for problems. I once did my post workout slin shot and came home to mow the lawn. Just mowing the lawn ended up making me hypo, but after consuming some simple sugars I was fine within a couple of minutes. Here again, it seems like a lot of people talking against things they have no experience with at all. Much like most of the US public think that AAS are a terrible threat to your health.

if thats aimed at me the no experience with slin i have run slin pct. i do have an understanding of insulin thru my own experience. but think nubes to the sport should not be encouraged to make light of the potential dangers with this peptide. its fine for experienced and competitive bb's hence (narc) to own the opinion that its not dangerous provided protocol is adhered to but thats because they have a vast experience and trial and error under their belts. so surely nubes should be encouraged to be extra vigilant with this particular hormone. that is simply the point im trying to make.. and yes u have hit a never because i try and only post answers thru my own experiences not just what i read. like some people.

How about the risk of developing diabetes from exongenous insulin dependency? That's my biggest concern. Considering my mother has adult onset diabetes I do not want to develop that much earlier in life. My mother controls her's with diet so she is not on slin. But you have to look at your family history and ask yourself if it's worth it. Do you want to be dependent on slin for the rest of your life starting at 30?
    There has been no documentation which correlates the exogenous application of insulin post-prandially (which is how BBs use it) with insulin dependancy. Specifically, pancreatic suppression (/atrophy) has not been documented.

Further, it is arguable that the utilisation of insulin exogenously can ease the pancreatic load.. thus reducing the systemic stress the bodybuilding lifestyle exerts.

Even so, admittedly,it would be unwise to overlook family history (re: genetic predisposition) when deciding on its use.

Nark, you are a competing BB though...
    This pic is me natty/clean by the way

Gad... i miss that look.

Gad... i miss that look.
    That's before you took anything at all or you were just natty at the time?? Either way you look great there

Gad... i miss that look.

I hate you...

Quote Originally Posted by Superhuman
    That's before you took anything at all or you were just natty at the time?? Either way you look great there
    I'm drug-tested and didn't have access to much.

I had used clen earlier that year for a comp in March...

But nothing for nationals.

That pic was from the Nationals.

plzr8 is offline Senior Member
    I'm drug-tested and didn't have access to much.

I had used clen earlier that year for a comp in March...

But nothing for nationals.

That pic was from the Nationals.
    quite impressive nark

if thats aimed at me the no experience with slin i have run slin pct. i do have an understanding of insulin thru my own experience. but think nubes to the sport should not be encouraged to make light of the potential dangers with this peptide. its fine for experienced and competitive bb's hence (narc) to own the opinion that its not dangerous provided protocol is adhered to but thats because they have a vast experience and trial and error under their belts. so surely nubes should be encouraged to be extra vigilant with this particular hormone. that is simply the point im trying to make.. and yes u have hit a never because i try and only post answers thru my own experiences not just what i read. like some people.
    Wasnt really aimed at you, but people in general that seem to "parrot" what they read or hear. Glad to know that you have experience in this, and I do agree with you that only people experienced in bodybuilding should use this. For the benefits to outweigh the risks, the user needs to be experienced and doing everything right.

perfectbeast2001 is offline "king of free stuff" / Retired
    I have found slin very beneficial but have not noticed any huge strength gains. Slin is as safe as you make it. If you are a forgetful disorganised person then slin is not for you. It requires dilligence and attention to detail to be used safely.

Thread Information