Lavinco is offline Anabolic Member

Can you use HGH if you are a type II Diabetic?

I have researched this and find conflicting information. Some say GH helps people with tpye II diabetes and others say it can hurt them.

Anyone know by experience?

sundancekid is offline Junior Member
    My wife is diabetic and has been using 1iu for 4 weeks now with no ill effects. The only thing she has noticed is that she gets a little hypo after the shot. It has helped her emotionaly (not near as bitchy) and she has started to lose a little body fat.

Quote Originally Posted by sundancekid
    My wife is diabetic and has been using 1iu for 4 weeks now with no ill effects. The only thing she has noticed is that she gets a little hypo after the shot. It has helped her emotionaly (not near as bitchy) and she has started to lose a little body fat.
    Maybe she should not be on gh herself.

I was just advised by the physicians at http://www.gethrt.com/ (one of the above sponsors) that diabetics should not use GH. It will directly effect your own insulin and blood sugar levels.

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    Quote Originally Posted by Lavinco
    Maybe she should not be on gh herself.

I was just advised by the physicians at http://www.gethrt.com/ (one of the above sponsors) that diabetics should not use GH. It will directly effect your own insulin and blood sugar levels.
    I'm a diabetic and use GH. It does effect my blood sugar. That's why i take the same dose of gh ed. I'm able to figure out my new insulin and after a few days I'm fine.

Quote Originally Posted by gixxerboy1
    I'm a diabetic and use GH. It does effect my blood sugar. That's why i take the same dose of gh ed. I'm able to figure out my new insulin and after a few days I'm fine.
    hmm.

kesam1 is offline Junior Member
    Im type 2 and a 2iu inj around 2 hrs before sleep generaly lifts my morning blood sugar reading 5.8 to 6.8 therefore I use metfromin to aid control

bigjim6474 is offline New Member
    Is it better to take it before sleep or in the morning. After you take it how long do you wait till you take your metformin

Gear is offline HGH/IGF/Insulin Forum ~ AR-Hall of Famer
    Most diabetics who take HGH, IGF (or any other compound which may effect their blood glucose) can still control their blood glucose quite easily. However, in theory diabetics shouldn't use any compounds which effects their blood glucose because they would be taking insulin to control their blood glucose so the excess HGH would only result in off-setting that individuals blood glucose level.

-Gear

Gear is offline HGH/IGF/Insulin Forum ~ AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by bigjim6474 View Post
    Is it better to take it before sleep or in the morning. After you take it how long do you wait till you take your metformin
    In most cases you are better of avoiding an injection before bed unless your body isn't producing required amounts of HGH naturally. Sometimes older users can also get away with having a shot before bed but even then they are still taking the risk of interupting their natural HGH production.

-Gear

BIGPHIL is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gixxerboy1 View Post

Im also diabetiec (type 1) insulin dependent! in what way does the growth affect your blood sugar. I def do get some insulin resistance of gear, esp test!!!

but over time ur rught you do learn how to control it and what changes to make to your regieme.

Any diabetic tips lol ?

Nickster#1 is offline Banned
    In my opinion as a medical professional seeing patients with diabetes on a daily basis, and knowing that hgh does in fact sometimes will make a person hypoglycemic, if I was diabetic type I or II, I would NOT take any chances with hgh. When you have to start regulating and changeing your dose of insulin due to putting others compounds in your body, it just makes things a little more difficult down the road when you get older, because that is when your diabetes is going to have its biggest impact on you. Most patients I see with diabetes, (no, Im not saying Im a doctor) who have complications from the diseaese, renal problems, cardiovascular problems, issues with holding water, problems with their eyes, the list goes on and on, are elderly people who have had the disease most of their lives, some take care of themselves and some didnt. But almost all diabetics have medical problems, chronic, that they need to address down the road.
    Why take the chance and mess with a compound that is definately going to fukk with your blood sugar levels. You folks need to live life by the book. Just my humble opinion and no disrespect to people who disagree with me. Its just that I see this disease is one of the most prevalent diseases out there. It really does a number on a person who disregards what there doctor tells them to do and not to do.
    peace

fossilfuel7 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickster#1 View Post
    In my opinion as a medical professional seeing patients with diabetes on a daily basis, and knowing that hgh does in fact sometimes will make a person hypoglycemic, if I was diabetic type I or II, I would NOT take any chances with hgh. When you have to start regulating and changeing your dose of insulin due to putting others compounds in your body, it just makes things a little more difficult down the road when you get older, because that is when your diabetes is going to have its biggest impact on you. Most patients I see with diabetes, (no, Im not saying Im a doctor) who have complications from the diseaese, renal problems, cardiovascular problems, issues with holding water, problems with their eyes, the list goes on and on, are elderly people who have had the disease most of their lives, some take care of themselves and some didnt. But almost all diabetics have medical problems, chronic, that they need to address down the road.
    Why take the chance and mess with a compound that is definately going to fukk with your blood sugar levels. You folks need to live life by the book. Just my humble opinion and no disrespect to people who disagree with me. Its just that I see this disease is one of the most prevalent diseases out there. It really does a number on a person who disregards what there doctor tells them to do and not to do.
    peace

So Nickster...do you think that people should not use Gh at all or only if they are a diabetic?

Quote Originally Posted by BIGPHIL View Post
    Im also diabetiec (type 1) insulin dependent! in what way does the growth affect your blood sugar. I def do get some insulin resistance of gear, esp test!!!

but over time ur rught you do learn how to control it and what changes to make to your regieme.

Any diabetic tips lol ?
    See gear like test and other makes me more insulin sensitive. Even eating more on cycle i require less insulin.

I always take my gh in the morning and take the same dose 7 days a week. that way i figure out what i need and keep it the same. I had to bump up my morning and lunch insulin doses. By mid after none the gh seems to lost its effect on glucose levels.

BIGPHIL is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gixxerboy1 View Post
    See gear like test and other makes me more insulin sensitive. Even eating more on cycle i require less insulin.

I always take my gh in the morning and take the same dose 7 days a week. that way i figure out what i need and keep it the same. I had to bump up my morning and lunch insulin doses. By mid after none the gh seems to lost its effect on glucose levels.

what are you like with weight loss on it???

Quote Originally Posted by BIGPHIL View Post
    what are you like with weight loss on it???
    It gets me lean as shit fast. I was donig 4iu of blue tops a day.

Thread Information