Microbrew is offline Member

Hypothyroidism & HGH

Should I start taking T3 or T4 with my HGH? The last few days I got this lump feelin at the base of my throat, I'm tired all the time. I had flu symptoms last night and I know what broncitius feels like and this feels different. I've been reading up on hypothyroidism and from what I've read GH can causes this. Maybe I'm over reacting, but I just want to be safe, could just be I'm sick but this lump feeling in my throat just feels different.

Micro

jdavis2007 is offline Associate Member
    t4 at 50mcg might be a very good idea to try for a bit and see how you feel.

I took 12.5mcgs of t3 don't have t4 so hopefully that helps if that is the problem, I probably just have some kind of virus. I feel alot better today, last night I was all tore up.

Micro

I've been doing some searching and from what I've been reading it seems that the side effects that people experience when taking HGH like tingling/burning sensation, swelling in the feet and ankles, Lethargy, carpal tunnel syndrome and joint pain are also symptons of Hypothyroidism.

I'm curious if some of the people that say there not getting any side effects off there HGH are also taking T3 or T4 and just blaming that there HGH might be fake, just a thought.

Micro
    Last edited by Microbrew; 02-26-2007 at 11:16 PM.

Dr. Broda O Barnes of America , carried out 40 years of study and research. He wrote several books and over 100 medical papers, many of which were published in medical journals. He predicted that by the 90's we would have some 40% of the population with thyroid dysfunction of some kind. He reached 2 conclusions with his research:

the blood tests are unreliable as they only tell you how much hormone is in the blood but not how much is usable or how much each individual needs.

that Hypothyroidism is more widespread than supposed

He also developed a very simple test that is considered by some more enlightened professionals, to be more accurate than blood tests. As we have heard, the thyroid controls metabolic rate, so it stands to sense that a temperature test taken at the right time, in the right conditions, will give a good indication if this rate has slowed down.

Our body functions happen at an optimum temperature and so if this is below the well accepted normal then there is something wrong. If you have a fever then this is taken notice of and appropriate diagnosis and treatment administered, so is it not the same for below normal temperatures that the same action is applied?

Dr. Barnes found by substantial research, that with Hypothyroidism, the basal temperature was below normal and developed the following simple test to perform at home. It requires only a glass mercury thermometer (it should strip type as this may give a higher reading).

This is known as the "Barnes Basal Temperature Test" and should not be confused with the BMR (Basal Metabolic Rate).

Step 1: upon retiring to bed, leave a thermometer, well shaken down, by the bedside.

Step 2: before arising the next morning, place the thermometer under the armpit for 10 minutes and then take a reading.

Women who still experience monthly periods should take their temperatures on the 2nd, 3rd and 4th days of the menstruation, it is these days in your cycle when your temperature is at its most accurate. Otherwise men and women alike should take temperature readings on 12 consecutive days.

Normal readings are between 97.8 - 98.4 F or 36.6 - 37 C Anything below these readings is considered abnormal unless you are suffering from a cold or virus. Thyroid Function Testing - blood tests or Barnes Basal Temperature which is more accurate! A low basal temperature reading together with signs and/or symptoms and your health history can determine Hypothyroidism when blood test results may show a 'normal' reading. It is recommended that you take records of your basal temperature readings and your list of symptoms to your Doctor.

BigTurk is offline Junior Member
    Take t4 at 100mcg first thing in the morning.

Quote Originally Posted by BigTurk
    Take t4 at 100mcg first thing in the morning.
    Can I take t3, I don't have t4 on hand right now.

Micro

My body temp has been in the mid 96's when I wake up, I know it's usually lower in the morning but that seems pretty low to me. I took my t3 and it's back up to 98, so it looks like the GH is effecting my thyroid. I haven't taken my gh the last 3 days, I'm suppose to go on vacation tomorrow and won't be able to take it anyway and I'm still trying to decide if I should go because I still don't feel so great.

Sunday night I had 101 temp and flu symptons and 2days later my temp is below normal. Maybe my body is all screwed up from being sick or whatever was/is wrong with me.

Micro

Thread Information