Smile My take on Insulin

Ive only been taking it for 2 weeks and have already seen results. Ive read about it and researched it for months before i dared touch it. I ordered humalog and started at 5ius PWO, now Im at 12 ius and will stay there which i take 3-4 times a week and will do so for 4 weeks then take time off accordingly... my PWO shake consists of 5 g creatine 10 g glutamine, 5 g arginine, 2 g leaucine, 2 g taurine, 120 g malodexterin, 80 g whey....

90 mins after my shot i take another shake this one consisting of 150 protein and 50 malodexterin.

I am also 4 weeks deep into a masteron /winstrol /fina and prop cycle ....

I never took masteron before but from what ive seen its phenomenal at hardening you up....

heres my cycle
    week 1-6 winstrol 50 mg ED
    week 1-10 425 mg masteron/week
    week 7-12 350 mg of tren ace/week
    week 1-12 350 mg of prop/week
    week 1, 2, 5,6,9,10 clen
    week 3-6/ 13-16 insulin
    letro throughout
    clomid 4 weeks pct taken with letro as well as the insulin

ill let you know my results and try and get a few pictures up..... i started at 208lbs and up to 218lbs already, i estimate my BF% between 9-10%. I am 6' 1.5. I am not really trying to gain weight, i just think i was severly carb depleted. i just recently started taking in carbs PWO, when i keep reading everyones PWO meals and saw cutler tries to eat 1000 carbs a day lol.... If you guys have any advice or as arnold would say advices please let me hear them, i appriciate it. Adios
    Last edited by Juicedoesabodygood; 04-01-2007 at 08:49 PM.

Gear is offline HGH/IGF/Insulin Forum ~ AR-Hall of Famer
    I'm doing a cycle similar to yours very soon.

Good luck.

-Gear

jerseyboy is offline Anabolic Member
    Wow, I never thought of using malodextrin. I just started reading about it. I'm gonna have to get me some. Found this. It's a good read.

Yes, they are both carbs, dextrose is a simple carb and malodextrin is a complex carb (although it has weak bonds so can be absorbed quickly like a simple carb).

Taking a large amount of carbs with your post workout shake will cause an insulin spike. Although a better way to do it is to include a blend of carbs/protein.

Insulin is very beneficial for muscle recovery and anti-catabolic. It will also aid protein synthesis.

Dextrose and Maltodextrin are the two carbs with highest GI, meaning they are absorbed the quickest. So including them in your post workout stack will shuttle the protein to your muscles as quickly as possible, and aid recovery and growth. They will also, if taken with creatine, aid creatine transport.

The dextrose, being a simple carb, will be transported quicker. But because glucose is actively transported across the cellular membrane into the muscle, there is only so much that can cross at any one time (sorry if this is getting a bit complicated ). Overloading the system can lead to it being oxidized, meaning that not all of it may end up in the muscles. But if a blend of maltodextrin is included, which takes a fraction longer to reach the ambush site, a state of anabolic fusion is better achieved. I personally include a 50/50 mix of Dextrose and Maltodextrin in my shake.

They are only of any use immediately post workout, or possibly just before/during. At any other time of the day it is better just to get complex carbs from the usual, oats etc.

Malto and/or dex are certinly the best option for PWO recovery, esepcially if you are using insulin .

-Gear

SVTMuscle* is offline Banned
    damn that's one sick cycle. good luck

Gear, what is the benefit of using insulin oppose to just IGF?

jerseyboy is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gear
    Malto and/or dex are certinly the best option for PWO recovery, esepcially if you are using insulin .

-Gear
    I've always used dex right after my slin shot. Malto is new to me. Is it as easy to find as dex?

Quote Originally Posted by SVTMuscle
    damn that's one sick cycle. good luck

Gear, what is the benefit of using insulin oppose to just IGF?
    Insulin is more recovery related, where as IGF is better for muscle cell growth.

-Gear

Quote Originally Posted by jerseyboy
    I've always used dex right after my slin shot. Malto is new to me. Is it as easy to find as dex?
    As mentioned above, maltodextrin is very fast acting, therefore it's very beneficial PWO. You should be able to find maltodextrin at your local health shop or your grocery store. It's very cheap stuff, but it's not as sweet as dex and since I have a "sweet tooth" I prefer dex.

-Gear

I felt a little bloated today at 221lbs. I definitely need to start hitting the cardio hard again. Still have a noticeble 6 pack but that wont be for long if i keep gaining weight like im Roseanne. Im not used to consuming this many carbs albeit only 3 times a week, thats an extra 200 g of carbs on those days. Before the slin i might have been gettin 200g for the whole day, which is not good, i should have been eating way more than that. I took some pics with my sidekick, they are crappy, ill take some next week with my digi camera and will post em.

yea jersey, the maltodextrin doesnt taste bad. The stuff i buy is called carbo gain its made by now foods and is only 13.95 for 63 servings each serving is 50g of pure malto.

Svt i have never taken igf before, its expensivbe from what i've seen and probably wouldnt shell out the money unless i had hgh with it. But what i have noticed with the slin is that i dont stay sore nearly as long as i used to.

Questiong for Gear....Does the fact that slin aids in recovery mean that you can train more often? I would think so.

sup bros heres a few pics, never posted pics before so be nice lol,..... ill get some more of the back and some of the wheels..... the 1st pic is without the flash, i should of taken em all like this.....so last night i took my shot of slin after my workout around 6pm and felt hypo around midnight hows this possible when im taking humalog. I just got done eating some lifesavers and 20 mins later i had cold sweats and ate 6 cuts of pizza and drank a liter of pepsi and was fine. I was at work so i couldnt measure my bg levels but i w was def. hypo. I have went hypo in the past a few hrs after eating large amounts of carbs any expalination for this? Thanx later bros have a nice Easter.....

Last edited by Juicedoesabodygood; 04-06-2007 at 07:38 PM.

Thread Information