Thread: safest slin?

stone14 is offline Junior Member

safest slin?

i have used novorapid (flexi pen) and i feel uncomfortable, nervous, cant concentrate, spaced out (going hypo) even at low doses (2iu-3iu) even after drinking 100g dextrose/malt just before shot. i seem to start feeling this after 15mins of taking it so i think it must take effect quite quickly, masybe to quick.
    iv hear that some dont react well to novorapid, could my reaction to it be because of this? will i be better off trying a diffrent slin like humolog, or humlin-l?
    i realy wana use slin but dont like novorapid, i had to go to hospital after 7iu cos i went hypo even after drinking 160g mix of dext/malt and 60g protein in water

any advice thanks
    Last edited by stone14; 05-09-2007 at 11:41 AM.

Gear is offline HGH/IGF/Insulin Forum ~ AR-Hall of Famer
    The effects you are getting are quite normal. However, I am surprised that you got such effects at only 2IU + 100g of dex, but hey it happens I suppose and you must be one of the sensetive ones.

Humalog is almost identical ot Novorapid. They are both fast acting insulins with peek times at 15min post injection hence you getting side effects at round that time. I would stick to taking the fast acting insulins such as Humalog and Novorapid but if you feel that you can't take either of them then perhaps insulin isn't the drug for you. Not everyone will suit every drug out there.

I would stay away from slin because it seems that you are mega sensetive to it and the benefits are not worth it if you are going to go through what you have been through.

-Gear

Thread Information