noddy1 is offline Associate Member

Opinions on IGF-1 & Slin protocol please!

Opinions on using would really be appreciated!

I am using, test, deca , d-bol as well as IGF-1 and slin. Just want to know the most successful way of using them PWO. I have used both compounds before but really like stories of experience and study! I have heard many different ways of using...

I have always used them 4 x week PWO as below:

1. Finish training
    2. Shoot 60mcg IGF-1 at gym (then wait 20mins till step 3)
    3. Shoot 10ius of slin (then wait 20mins just edging hypo)
    4. Drink 70grms Protien and 60grms Dextrose
    5. Grow

Q. Do any of you follow a protocol like this or similar or have you got any good suggestions of using in a different way?

Q. Am i using enough slin?

Cheers!

Noddy

Gear is offline HGH/IGF/Insulin Forum ~ AR-Hall of Famer
    I would take your insulin immidietly PWO then take your IGF when you get home. Once you have done that follow to appropriate insulin diet protocol.

10IU of insulin is fine, however be carefull combining insulin and IGF as they both effect your blood glucose.

All the best.

-Gear

Q. Is there any particular reason behind swapping them around?

Q. Is it less benaficial to have IGF 20 mins PWO

Q. This will mean my PWO shake Protien/Dex will be approx 20 mins PWO instead of 40 mins? Correct?

Quote Originally Posted by noddy1
    Q. Is there any particular reason behind swapping them around?
    Insulin is more beneficial PWO than IGF1LR3.

Q. Is it less benaficial to have IGF 20 mins PWO
    You don't necessaraly have to take IGF immidietly PWO. You can take it 20min later and it will be just as beneficial as if you took it immidietly PWO.

Q. This will mean my PWO shake Protien/Dex will be approx 20 mins PWO instead of 40 mins? Correct?
    If you are taking IGF and insulin at the same time, I would not schedule your nutrients intake going by when you took IGF. I would schedule it going by when you took insulin. This being the case, I would take some dextrose immidietly post insulin injection and 15min later have your protein shake. I would then have your IGF. I have practised this many times and always got great gains.

If you are using insulin, you should not have your dextrose and protein shake at the same time. You could, but there is a more beneficial way of taking your nutrients when using insulin. Assuming you are using a fast acting insulin such as Novorapid or the famous Humalog, because the on-set time of these compounds is 15min post injection, it would be wise to have your protein shake then. As for the dextrose, I would take that immidietly post injection.

For additional benefits, you could add 5 - 10g of glutamine and creatine with your dextrose shake.

-Gear

Just out of curiosity, do you mind me asking what IGF you are using?

-Gear

Luuke is offline Junior Member
    Hey Gear why do you think it's better to take the dex pwo shake first and then the protien shake 15 mins later?

I have friends who take slin,igf,hgh combo and just say to have the shake with everything all at once after the insulin . They say it's no different. Have you tried both?

Luuke,

I have tried both ways, and both ways do work. However, even though both ways feel the same, the way I suggested to take your PWO dex and protein shake is more beneficial IMO. I'll explain why...

When you take insulin PWO, the insulin isn't fully in effect immidietly. It takes 15min for it to start working properly. (Assuming we are using Humalog)

When insulin is in effect (15min post injection), nutrients get shuttled into muscle cells at a much faster rate. So it would be more beneficial to take your protein shake 15min post injection (when insulin is in effect and able to shuttle nutrients into cells at a fast rate) then immidietly post injection (when insulin isn't fully in effect and therefore canot shuttle nutrients into cells at a fast rate)

We must remember, when we take insulin, we want all nutrients shuttled into cells at fastest rate possible, and nutrients will get shuttled into cells faster 15min post injection than immidietly post injection. This is what your body needs for better recovery.

Now you are probably stuck wondering why not take the dextrose 15min post injection as well? Even though Humalog takes 15min to start working properly, you are still more than likely to experience hypoglycemia symptoms before then. To fix this problem we take the dextrose immidietly PWO.

I hope that made sense.

-Gear

Luuke is offline Junior Member
    The way your suggesting does make more sense but what i hear from friends that compete and do insulin they really don't seperate it. They just take a shake loaded with everything and eat 45 mins later.

I'll try both one day when my schedule isn't as hectic.

thanks for the response! you the man

Sorry for the very long delay, i am using *** EDITED ***. What are your opinions?

I am under the impression that when on the edge of going hypo your body releases gh naturally? If this is correct why would you not want to wait for this before your dex?

I have used slin many times before and get out of being hypo at 6g per 1iu so know where i stand with it. Can i wait to have my dex?

(NO LAB NAMES -Gear)

Sorry for the very long delay, i am using *** EDITED ***. What are your opinions?
    Noddy, be very carefull using their products. I have heard nothing but bad about their stuff. Have you used their stuff before? I am curious to see how you end up once you have finished the cycle.

I am under the impression that when on the edge of going hypo your body releases gh naturally? If this is correct why would you not want to wait for this before your dex?
    When you start feeling hypoglycemia symptoms, it means your body has ran out of energy. When this occurs, your body actaully uses your muscle cells and converts them into amino acids and then uses that as energy. This is called muscle loss, and we don't want this. That's why we need to prevent hypo by consuming the right nutrients at the right times.

As for your body releasing GH, the more you exercise, the more GH your body will release anyway.

I have used slin many times before and get out of being hypo at 6g per 1iu so know where i stand with it. Can i wait to have my dex?
    As I said, I would have your dex immidietly post injection to prevent muscle loss later on.

-Gear

Thanks for your advise! i'll use it as you have stated and see what happens?

I used 1mg of the same product for 4 weeks at the begining of this cycle and gained really well but whos t say it was not all the other gear im using...

I felt very full and tight so i dont know if that was it or not?

I suppose worst case scenario its glutimine or something lol.

What do you think i should be using in the way of natural products and when? You mentioned glutimine and creatine... Aminos etc?

Thanks...

The hardnes and fullness maybe effects from the IGF, so perhaps it did work, but like you said, it would be hard to tell what's working and what's not when you are using more than one compound at once.

As for supplments, I'll tell you what I take...

I take a fast acting protein PWO (isolate), a medium releasing protein throughout the day (concentrate) and a slow releasing protein (MicellarCasein) before bed. I also take multi vitamins in the AM, I take BCAAs prior training and I take flaxseed oil with my shake before bed.

When I use insulin , I take about 5g of glutamine and creatine with my dextrose. Considering insulin helps shuttle nutrients into cells I take these supplments for additional benefits. When I don't use insulin, I don't use glutamine or creatine.

That gives you an idea of what kind of supplments to take, but if you are further interested, you can always check out our supplment forum, you may get more answered there.

Let me know how you go with the IGF.

Best of luck to you.

-Gear

Thread Information