RSNUK is offline New Member

GH useless? IGF only mechanism of function?

Why have i read that growth hormone is only biologically active in promoting, skeletal and muscular growth through it's conversion to IGF-1?

What this presents us with is that there is no need to take growth hormone and one can purley dose with IGF-1 if your attaining higher levels of IGF than you would with the use of growth hormone.

Or is this untrue and growth hormone has effects through other mechanisms other than it's conversion to IGF-1?

AleX-69 is offline Member
    thats wrong. GH also has some direct actions - the most noticed is its lipolytic action.

freddy666 is offline New Member
    HGH isn't useless, I've been using it (4iu ed)for 4weeks along w/my cycle w/great results. I'll be using it for 6 months.

Besides fat burning...

For example, bone growth, GH causes height increases in prepubetal children and acromalgey in post pubetal adults.

Is this action mediated purley by IGF? So for optimum growth in height in Gh thrapy, IGF levels are the only factor which need to be kept high.

And to avoid acromalgey symptoms, IGF should be prevented from getting ridiculously high in adults.

So is it GH or IGF which causes these effects?

akrosmegas is offline New Member
    IGF-1 alone.

deadliftin00 is offline Junior Member
    The full effects of HGH really aren't totally understood yet. Yes, IGF-1 is theorized to be mostly how HGH achieves lean muscle gain. But using HGH 1.) also results is fat loss. 2.) Ensures the natural growth system is your body is being used. IGF-1 alone is somewhat of a shortcut.

I personally have used both, and love both. I found IGF-1 to be incredibly effective in localized gains. GH doesn't seem to have this effect, and will ensure you are growing evenly - this is pretty important. When I use IGF I do spot injections rotated in sync with workouts. I avoid injecting subq in the stomach b/c of the intestinal growth issue.

In short, both are effective. IGF has the advantage of being able to bias towards spot growth and repair of injuries. GH doesn't have this - spot injecting GH isn't going to make much of a difference at all. But you can inject it subq in your stomach every day which is convenient as hell. A big plus when your getting more advanced trying to juggle lots of injections per week.

GH also has the disadvantage of only allowing a certain max of IGF to be released. Your pituitary only has so much of it to release at a given time, and it needs time to regenerate it (why EOD injections seem to work better in growth deficient adolescents?). Shooting the straight IGF bypasses this.

Enough research hasn't been done yet though to determine dosage respose of GH vs. IGF alone for lean muscle gain. It's all user opinion. But to me it certainly seemed like spot injecting the IGF resulted in superior localized mass gain. I injected it into my shoulders to fix up some tendons, and what resulted was my shoulders healing nicely, but also growing out of proportion with my arms and chest.

Hope that helps bro

deadliftin00 is offline Junior Member
    Oh, and btw, the title of the thread is ridiculous. GH is far - very far - from useless.

Ah but what if someone was trying to increase their height?

IGF or HGH?

Thread Information