tommik is offline Associate Member

diabetes - skipping insulin in order to lose weight

can any-one point me some good websites with info regarding loosing weight by skipping insulin injections... i'd love to see some logs, blogs, protocols or other underground staff rather than bbc like articles about teenagers doing it.

i want to research this subject more, and no I'm not a diabetic.

thanks
    Last edited by tommik; 11-13-2007 at 06:59 AM.

Gear is offline HGH/IGF/Insulin Forum ~ AR-Hall of Famer
    Insulin doesn't make you loose weight, so skipping injections won't make any difference in that regard. And for the ones who are diabetic I advise not to skip any injections.

When it comes to insulin and fat gain, it is not the insulin that's responcible for the fat gain, it's the diet.

-Gear

sorry I didn't make myself clear... i was referring to diabetics not to myself. also, i know that the rubbish diet is responsible for the gained fat but i was thinking more about how to safely use that method to lose weight then focus on diet in order to maintain it, again not talking about myself - i just want to help to my friend.

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tommik View Post
    how to safely use that method to lose weight
    Sorry what method are you referring to?

You see, when using insulin you don't necessaraly have to eat rubbish to gain fat. You can eat clean and still gain weight because any excess carbohydrates will be stored as fat. This is why all diabetics have to watch what they eat.

-Gear

Quote Originally Posted by Gear View Post
    Sorry what method are you referring to?
    skipping daily insulin jabs

"People with type 1 diabetes need daily injections to help them absorb glucose to use as fuel. Failure to take correct doses can lead to rapid weight loss." bbc

Ahh, I see what you're saying. Yes, but that's not the smartest move. Not a very good move for healths sake, and your body needs proper amounts of glucose each day to operate properly. There are certainly other more-effective/safer/healthier ways of losing weight.

-Gear

Yes, but that's not the smartest move. Not a very good move for healths sake, and your body needs proper amounts of glucose each day to operate properly. There are certainly other more-effective/safer/healthier ways of losing weight.
    i seriously doubt there are more-effective ways to lose weight, but you're right it's not very beneficial for they health... i've been reading a bit and for now i'm resting the subject. we will try other options first especially as there is only 15kg of fat to lose.

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tommik View Post
    we will try other options first especially as there is only 15kg of fat to lose.
    Losing 15kg of fat alone is not an easy task. 15kg of any kind of weight loss is a huge achievement, let alone 15kg of fat only.

A good cardio/diet schedule is all is needed, no need to take away the glucose your body needs by taking away injections. Not enough glucose in your body will also lead to muscle loss as well.

-Gear

A good cardio/diet schedule is all is needed, no need to take away the glucose your body needs by taking away injections. Not enough glucose in your body will also lead to muscle loss as well.
    muscle loss wasnt that much of a concern as they is a female... and yes we will focus on diet and cardio schedule for now, well maybe nicotine patches to add this little extra something.

thanks very much Gear!

Not a problem, all the best.

-Gear

Thread Information