mattosteel is offline Junior Member

how long to be on insulin

just wondering how long i should run my insulin . just started it like 4 days ago and already went from 26o to 264. It's good stuff, just don't wanna shut my pancreas down. Also, if anyone has any advice to give me on insulin please let me know. i will not tell u my age cuz u guys will just bitch too. using 500mg/week test enan, 2iu's a day of **********, 5 to 10 iu's a day of slin.

Gear is offline HGH/IGF/Insulin Forum ~ AR-Hall of Famer
    It's very rare to gain that much weight from insulin in such little time, so well done for accomplishing that.

Four weeks ON/OFF has been proven to be a safe and effective protocol so I would defenitely follow that.

I am not sure how educated you are when it comes to insulin use but if you have any further questions just ask in here.

Good luck.

-Gear

jerseyboy is offline Anabolic Member
    It scares me that you started running insulin without even knowing how long you can run it. Just for shits and giggles why don't you give us the rundown on your post injection timing, simple carbs and diet just to be sure you have everything else in order. Also what kind of slin are you using? I'd hate to see you end up one of those guys in the ER.

right now im going 6 ius a day on the slin and i use it immediate post workout with my growth and i take in 100 grams of dextrose with my protein shake. then 20 minutes later i eat a very big meal and usually have some ho hos or candy.my diet is heavy, just tonight at work i had a box of pizza, a turkey sandwich, and a pack of hot dogs with two fudge rounds, so i'm eating to be 300 plus pounds. plus im using humilin-r. why i asked that question is that my one buddy says not to go over 6 weeks and my other friend has been on for 5 years, and both don't have any problems, but im going with the 4-6 week idea. I also have some igf-1, should i run that with the slin or should i wait til i cycle off?

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Be careful of you sugar and calorie intake, much of you weight probably came from that. Do you monitor your glucose? I would definitely clean that diet while using slin. Eating that sugar and carbs while using slin is one of the things that can push you towards being type 2 diabetic. Is all that shit you eat way more then 4 hours after your shot? Anyway that's just a shitty unhealthy diet period. I'm no slin pro, but diet is essential.
    Last edited by BG; 11-30-2007 at 10:40 AM.

Disclaimer-BG is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way encourage nor condone the use of any illegal substances.
    The information discussed is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Everything was impossible until somebody did it!

I've got 99 problems......but my squat/dead ain't one !!

It doesnt matter how good looking she is, some where, some one is tired of her shit.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Great place to start researching ! http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-database.html

I would be very carefull with the amount of food you consume while insulin is active as any excess carbohydrates will be stored as fat. As TRD said, getting a BG monitor would be wise as you will be able to fine tune your diet and ensure you are not consuming any excess nutrients.

-Gear

Quote Originally Posted by mattosteel View Post
    right now im going 6 ius a day on the slin and i use it immediate post workout with my growth and i take in 100 grams of dextrose with my protein shake. then 20 minutes later i eat a very big meal and usually have some ho hos or candy.my diet is heavy, just tonight at work i had a box of pizza, a turkey sandwich, and a pack of hot dogs with two fudge rounds, so i'm eating to be 300 plus pounds. plus im using humilin-r. why i asked that question is that my one buddy says not to go over 6 weeks and my other friend has been on for 5 years, and both don't have any problems, but im going with the 4-6 week idea. I also have some igf-1, should i run that with the slin or should i wait til i cycle off?
    That kind of diet helped kill my brother.No joke

Towel is offline Associate Member
    dude are you serious?

thanks gear, ill go and grab that monitor. but my diet is still supersized even when im not on the slin. im trying to put on a significant amount of mass and not worried about the fat. the only time i eat super healthy is if im trying to get under 8% bodyfat cuz im young and my metabolism along with the ********** sucks fat right off my body. im only 10% now and i don't think that i can get to 12-14% no matter how hard i tried

hey gear just got one for twenty bucks at walgreens. when should i check my levels?

WelshWarrior is offline Senior Member
    the only time i eat super healthy is if im trying to get under 8% bodyfat cuz im young and my metabolism along with the ********** sucks fat right off my body. im only 10% now and i don't think that i can get to 12-14% no matter how hard i tried
    You're 264lbs and 10% bf with that sort of diet? Have you posted some pics?

hey gear just got one for twenty bucks at walgreens. when should i check my levels?
    If you have never used a blood glucose monitor and are not familiar with the whole "blood glucose" thing, this is a great time to learn. I would check your blood glucose before training, right after training (before insulin dose), 15min post injection and every 15 - 20min after that for the next 4 - 5 hours (assuming you're using rapid-acting insulin).

This way you will know what your blood glucose levels are before you train, after you train without the use of insulin, after you train after using insulin and where your blood glucose levels are at for the rest of the time while insulin is active.

Once you got the idea of how insulin effects your blood glucose, I would only check your levels 15min post injection and every 30min after that for the next 4 - 5 hours.

-Gear

gear not to sound like a cheap ass but those strips are like 50 cents a piece to test the blood. doin it every half of an hour is pretty rough on the pockets. But thank you for the info i will check my glucose levels at each specific time to ensure proper dosing. I also appreciate the fact you give advice on the forum instead of just bashing like everyone else has. without your posts, there wouldn't be a forum, just a**holes.

no pics buddy because ya never know who is looking at this crap. just for the record though, u have better abs than me

soulstealer is offline Anabolic Member
    Seriously bro listen to these guys about your diet..... You have the right idea consuming some sugars and following up with carbs to keep your BG levels up but your doing it the wrong way...

gear not to sound like a cheap ass but those strips are like 50 cents a piece to test the blood. doin it every half of an hour is pretty rough on the pockets. But thank you for the info i will check my glucose levels at each specific time to ensure proper dosing. I also appreciate the fact you give advice on the forum instead of just bashing like everyone else has. without your posts, there wouldn't be a forum, just a**holes.
    Not a problem, I'm here to help.

As for the glucose strips, I understand it can become heavy on the pocket but your blood glucose levels can change dramatically within 10 minutes even, so I guess its up to the user to decide how often they want to check their blood glucose.

I guess you don't need to check your BG at all, but I always like to suggest the safest way about it.

Good luck and give me a PM if you get stuck.

-Gear

Thread Information