soulstealer is offline Anabolic Member

Hyperglycemia with insulin use?

Just a question I pondered the other day if one is using insulin say ED AM and PWO for 4 weeks at the end of that time if their pancreas has reduced its insulin response then wouldnt it be possible to go hyperglycemic with the cessation of insulin...?

Gear is offline HGH/IGF/Insulin Forum ~ AR-Hall of Famer
    You would need something to control your blood glucose otherwise yes you would sooner or later experience hypoglycemia, however there is no proof that over time insulin use will cause any pancreas malfunctions.

-Gear

Quote Originally Posted by Gear View Post
    You would need something to control your blood glucose otherwise yes you would sooner or later experience hypoglycemia, however there is no proof that over time insulin use will cause any pancreas malfunctions.

-Gear
    So what your saying even though a hyperglycemic state can cause all sorts of problems... that theres no know study showing reduced pancreatic function from insulin use in health males?

Gear is offline HGH/IGF/Insulin Forum ~ AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by soulstealer View Post
    So what your saying even though a hyperglycemic state can cause all sorts of problems... that theres no know study showing reduced pancreatic function from insulin use in health males?
    I have not come across a study as such, but this doesn't mean I would go running insulin for a year straight.

-Gear

Quote Originally Posted by Gear View Post
    I have not come across a study as such, but this doesn't mean I would go running insulin for a year straight.

-Gear
    Thanks for the concern but I'm not crazy =P... just wondering glucophage therapy after a slin cycle might be of order or something similar... Thanks for the input...

Thread Information