oneshot is offline Anabolic Member

Different way to use insulin

As oppose to using the typical 10 iu post workout for 4 weeks, a lot of guys in my area are using it on their off days instead. A highly accredited friend of mine reccomends using 10 iu 3x per day one day a week with the standard 10 g of carbs per iu. i figured that by using this method there would be inconsistancies in which muscle groups are benefiting he most from it. If you were to work out mon-fri and use insulin on saturday then i would think that whatever you worked out early in the week would hardly benefit from the insulin on saturday. with this in mind i decided to use insulin on wed and sat while working out on mon, tues, thur, and fri.
    this is what i did:

monday- hamstrings, back thickness
    tuesday-chest and triceps
    wed-8 iu humalog with 90-100 g carbs twice
    thurs-back width, biceps, and abs
    Fri-quads and delts
    sat- same as wed
    Sun- off. (usually fairly low carb day)

I used this method for 6 weeks and though i did not see any extremely dramatic changes in my physique i do think it helped me break through some of my plateaus and may have contributed to me setting some new personal bests on many lifts. I would think this would put you at less risk of loosing sensitivity to it or becoming insulin dependent, however, I have not came across this protocal much on a lot of forums. input anyone???

Gear is offline HGH/IGF/Insulin Forum ~ AR-Hall of Famer
    The thing with insulin is you will never feel any major gains from it because insulin mostly delivers recovery benefits, and since there is no way of feeling your body recovering, it actually feels like you are not getting anything from insulin. The only thing you may notice with insulin is strength and weight gain, but even these benefits are hardly noticable when using insulin. So, whatever protocol you follow, it will be hard to say which is better.

As for using insulin more than once per day, IMO there is no need to use insulin anymore than once a day (PWO). Using insulin at any other time of the day will only increase the chances of fat storage. If you can control your blood glucose really well when using insulin during the day, then additional doses (apart from the PWO dose) may be ok. I always stick to using insulin PWO as that's when insulin is mostly beneficial.

-Gear

oneshot is offline Anabolic Member
    thanks for the reply. had you ever heard of this protocal before. i figured it would not be the best for preventing fat storage however im not too concerned this time of the year. i have been using dextrose and creatine immediatly after the shot followed by a hefty dose of whey and can maintain a pretty consistant 75-90 bg level which is about what it normally is.

Gear is offline HGH/IGF/Insulin Forum ~ AR-Hall of Famer
    Yes I have heard of that protocol, but I believe it's just as effective as taking insulin once per day after training.

You may not worry about fat storage now, but you do this long term and you will regret you used insulin so much, just keep that in mind.

-Gear

Thread Information