Timm1704 is offline Anabolic Member

why no carbs around GH injections?

ive just finished up my 5th week on GH, been at 8iu's for the last 3 weeks.

Ive read several times that no carbs should be consumed for an hour or so before and after the injection. Why is this?

I am shooting 4iu's twice daily, one as soon as i wake up at 5-6 am, which is followed by breakfast of wholemeal breads and eggs.

my second shot is usually at 10 am, which again, is followed by wholemeal breads and chicken.

So far i have suprisingly seen noticable results in my physique, and little side effects, which is the opposite of what i was expecting this soon in.

But back to my question, why no carbs around injection times? will it affect my results? or run the risk of going alittle hypo from time to time?

Jeff1 is offline Associate Member
    Blog Entries
    bump

VTliftVT is offline Associate Member
    HGH blunts insulin response which is needed when you ingest carbohydrates. If you eat carbs an hour before or after a GH injection, in theory, it is possible that you may develop diabetes however, highly unlikely.

I have read that to combat this you can take R-ALA with your carbs near injection times. Other than that, I haven't heard a lot more on the topic.

Gear is offline HGH/IGF/Insulin Forum ~ AR-Hall of Famer
    Consuming carbohydrates around injection time won't slow down your gains to the point where it's noticable, however HGH does interfere with the livers ability to uptake glucose.

-Gear

Timm1704 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gear View Post
    Consuming carbohydrates around injection time won't slow down your gains to the point where it's noticable, however HGH does interfere with the livers ability to uptake glucose.

-Gear
    would that tie in with VTLift's comment regarding potentially causing diabetes?

midnight777 is offline Associate Member
    yeah anybody have anymore info on this...

KZRSOIZE is offline Associate Member
    Ive read no eating 1 hr after shots, and ive read shoot and then eat immediately...who knows...i just wait 30 mins to eat....

KZRSOIZE is offline Associate Member
    hey midnight777 get rid of that canseco avatar that guy is an ah...SNITCH

Gear is offline HGH/IGF/Insulin Forum ~ AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Timm1704 View Post
    would that tie in with VTLift's comment regarding potentially causing diabetes?
    Yes, but the chances of that happening are very slim. I do not know anyone who has turned diabetic due to HGH use. Either way, one who is using HGH should always monitor their blood glucose.

-Gear

mistergodbody is offline Junior Member
    in my past experience with jintropin....i always took in plenty of carbs throughout the day, close to injection times.....and I had phenomenal results. I never hit a plateau...I remember looking at the mirror every 4 days and it felt like my body was morphing into something so much bigger than last week. I dont know if thats my genetics or cuz gH is just that great !

mistergodbody is offline Junior Member
    Another thing, while on my jintro cycle....that was the only time I went to the gym twice a day....I had to throw all my shirts out...none of them would fit...I only worked out twice a day because i recovered so fast from the gH...I dont think i can go to the gym twice a day during a regular AAS cycle without gH. I cant wait for my next cycle!

plzr8 is offline Senior Member
    mistergodbody...did you know there are studies that HGH may actually end world hunger as well as promote world peace??

juice555 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by plzr8 View Post
    mistergodbody...did you know there are studies that HGH may actually end world hunger as well as promote world peace??
    I cant resist posting. that was a good 1.

Thread Information