BITTAPART2 is offline Senior Member

how to effectivly use long acting insulin to make gains

Unfortunatly I am at a loss on how to get some short acting slin, as it requires a script. however I have heard a few guys say they responded well to long acting slin as well. Is the only real difference the duration of the slin and more danger of going hypo later in the day? How can it be used effectivly is my question, ie consitant eating every 2 hours or so etc? Gear, you can probably shed some light on this for me.

Gear is offline HGH/IGF/Insulin Forum ~ AR-Hall of Famer
    Effectiveness wise, faster acting insulin is better due to its super quik on-set time. The quiker the on-set time the sooner you start to recover. Fast acting insulin is in and out of your system (unlike the longer lasting insulins) making it easier to manage.

Even though longer acting insulins are more difficult to manage due to their active life-time, and are not as effective as fast acting insulins, longer acting insulins such as Humalin-R can still be used with sucess but it's just going to take more effort.

-Gear

PT
    PT is offline DUNAMIS ~ AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    hopefully you are talking about humalin-r when you say long acting insulin because if your talking about a 12 or 24 hour slin then your nuts. you definatly can not use a long acting insulin for bb purpose. it will make you fat and probably kill you in the process. i have used humalin-r before with sucess but 4 hour slin is as high as you should go.

Gear is offline HGH/IGF/Insulin Forum ~ AR-Hall of Famer
    Yes, I am referring to Humalin-R. I guess I should say medium acting considering there are insulins which are in your system for up to 24hrs.

As a matter of fact, when it comes to medical terms insulins such as Humalog, Novolog, Novorapid etc are considered as rapid acting insulins. Insulins such as Humalin-R are considered as fast acting, and insulins such as Lantus which are in your system for 24hrs are considered as long lasting insulins. But don't let these terms fool you, and that's why I don't like to go by these medical terms as they can often cause confusion when it comes to discussing insulin for fitness reasons. Just because Humalin-R is considered as a fast acting insulin, it doesn't mean it's a fast acting insulin in the bodybuilding world so that's why I call it long acting.

Anyway, call it whatever you like, just don't use anything which is in your system for longer than 6 - 8hrs.

-Gear

PT
    PT is offline DUNAMIS ~ AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    Quote Originally Posted by Gear View Post
    Yes, I am referring to Humalin-R. I guess I should say medium acting considering there are insulins which are in your system for up to 24hrs.

As a matter of fact, when it comes to medical terms insulins such as Humalog, Novolog, Novorapid etc are considered as rapid acting insulins. Insulins such as Humalin-R are considered as fast acting, and insulins such as Lantus which are in your system for 24hrs are considered as long lasting insulins. But don't let these terms fool you, and that's why I don't like to go by these medical terms as they can often cause confusion when it comes to discussing insulin for fitness reasons. Just because Humalin-R is considered as a fast acting insulin, it doesn't mean it's a fast acting insulin in the bodybuilding world so that's why I call it long acting.

Anyway, call it whatever you like, just don't use anything which is in your system for longer than 6 - 8hrs.

-Gear
    i knew what you were talking about gear. i was talking to the person who started the thread because he didnt specify the kind of slin he was considering and only stated that it was long acting which possibly can mean 12+ hours. i just didnt want him to use something to long

naturalsux is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BITTAPART2 View Post
    Unfortunatly I am at a loss on how to get some short acting slin, as it requires a script. however I have heard a few guys say they responded well to long acting slin as well. Is the only real difference the duration of the slin and more danger of going hypo later in the day? How can it be used effectivly is my question, ie consitant eating every 2 hours or so etc? Gear, you can probably shed some light on this for me.
    check your pms

rbfallon is offline Junior Member
    Dude, there are canada pharmacies galore online that will ship you humalog without a script..

Thread Information