Thread: Carbs and gh

bor
    bor is offline D-bol Poppin'

Carbs and gh

Why is it a bad idea to have carbs around gh injection time?

Polska is offline Anabolic Member
    Suppressed insulin response though there are really no reports of guys developing diabetes because of it...

Gear is offline HGH/IGF/Insulin Forum ~ AR-Hall of Famer
    HGH will interfere with your body's ability to uptake glucose. Having too much carbs around injection time could result in some surprising glucose numbers which down the track may do some harm.

I can't see why everyone always wants to take HGH and carbs at the same time. If you want to take carbohydrates PWO for recovery reasons then that's fine, but keep HGH out of it. Not only HGH and carbs is a bad idea, but HGH PWO can end up being a bad idea also.

-Gear

isoultraini is offline New Member
    So when should you NOT take carbs? 2-3, 4-5 hours before and after?

I would avoid consuming carbohydrates about 45min - 1hr before and after injection.

-Gear

bor
    OK got it

bor
    Quote Originally Posted by Gear View Post
    HGH will interfere with your body's ability to uptake glucose. Having too much carbs around injection time could result in some surprising glucose numbers which down the track may do some harm.

-Gear
    But that could be very beneficial while dieting right? Except for PWO of course...

GOBAL is offline Junior Member

I can't see why everyone always wants to take HGH and carbs at the same time. If you want to take carbohydrates PWO for recovery reasons then that's fine, but keep HGH out of it. Not only HGH and carbs is a bad idea, but HGH PWO can end up being a bad idea also.

-Gear
    but if i take also insulin with gh in the post wo???

***xxx*** is offline Anabolic Member
    the point is that the liver needs carbs to release igf. if you don t eat carbs your liver can t release that much igf and most of your hgh is worthless.

the "no carbs at injection time" is oldschool - most ppl dont develope diabetis at 2-4iu per day. anyways: normally u use insuline to lower your blood sugar IF blood glucose develops to be high in a hgh cycle....

if the "no carbs at injection time" would be true, all kids on gh replacement would have developed diabetis, which, of course, they have not...

thunderin is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ***xxx*** View Post
    the point is that the liver needs carbs to release igf. if you don t eat carbs your liver can t release that much igf and most of your hgh is worthless.

the "no carbs at injection time" is oldschool - most ppl dont develope diabetis at 2-4iu per day. anyways: normally u use insuline to lower your blood sugar IF blood glucose develops to be high in a hgh cycle....

if the "no carbs at injection time" would be true, all kids on gh replacement would have developed diabetis, which, of course, they have not...
    You are exactly right. I drink my very large whey, glucose, oatmeal, milk, creatine and glutamine shake right before I take my GH and Novolog one right after the other. I also drop another 15mg of ephedrine on top of it so as not to get sleepy.

Works wonders for me.

No matter what we take there will always be pros and cons. There is no perfect way of taking HGH, test, insulin or any other drug for that matter. The reason why I don't consume carbohydrates after my HGH injection is purely for health reasons.

As mentioned above, HGH interferes with the body's ability to uptake glucose. It produces a good amount of insulin resistance for a certain amount of time post HGH injection, so if you go ahead and consume a lot of carbs around that time then you may end up with some surprising blood glucose numbers. How you want to look at things beyond this point is up to you, but I know having your blood glucose too high/low for extended period of time is defenitely not a good thing. Since my health was always my #1 priority this has become a concern so I decided to seperate my HGH and carbohydrates.

As XXX said, your body requires certain nutrients such as carbohydrates in order to release IGF so there are defenitely good things about consuming carbs around HGH injection time, but unfortunately there are also things which may be a concern.

Just thought I'd add that in.

-Gear

Dobie-BOY is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by thunderin View Post
    You are exactly right. I drink my very large whey, glucose, oatmeal, milk, creatine and glutamine shake right before I take my GH and Novolog one right after the other. I also drop another 15mg of ephedrine on top of it so as not to get sleepy.

Works wonders for me.
    what makes you sleepy? the novolog?

Insulin will defenitely make you sleepy.

-Gear

thunderin is offline Member
    Insulin will defenitely make you sleepy.

-Gear
    Bingo

Thread Information