lilharley is offline Junior Member

2iu's of humalin R

OK, ive done my time researching and decided to do this. but really starting at 2ius pwo with 30g dextrous and 40g protien, creatine, and size on from gaspario. then a meal 1.5-2hrs later. is there really that big of a chance of seeing hypo at such a low dose and proper diet?

PT
    PT is offline DUNAMIS ~ AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    not really. with only 2ius you shouldnt even need more then 20g of carbs after you shoot. hopefully your planning on raising that dose

oh yeah deff. and thats what i thought. ima start there get a feel of it. and up it 1 iu a day. safest way i see doing it. do you have personal experience with insulin ?

PT
    yes i do. just up it 1iu a day until you get to 10ius and make sure you watch your fat intake while on the slin

thats the plan. did you feel hypo and change your carbs accordingly. or just strictly the protocal. 10g per iu and eat 1.5 to 2hrs later.if you dont mind me asking

PT
    nope you change accordingly. 10g per iu is just a stating range, myself and many others are down around 4-5g per iu. i shoot 10ius of slin pwo or early morning then i consume my carb and protein drink. about an hour and a half later i'll eat either a lb of fish or chicken along with brown rice. an hour after that i'll have another 30g of carbs and 40g of protein in a shake. if you also want to take createin you'll take that right before shooting your slin
    Last edited by PT; 07-02-2008 at 01:46 PM.

Mutation is offline Junior Member
    Humalin R can be tricky for a first timer. Why didn't you go with Humalog or Novalog?

Quote Originally Posted by pietro75 View Post
    nope you change accordingly. 10g per iu is just a stating range, myself and many others are down around 4-5g per iu. i shoot 10ius of slin pwo or early morning then i consume my carb and protein drink. about an hour and a half later i'll eat either a lb of fish or chicken along with brown rice. an hour after that i'll have another 30g of carbs and 40g of protein in a shake. if you also want to take createin you'll take that right before shooting your slin
    really appreciate you. would you suggest starting any higher then 2ius? mayb 4

Quote Originally Posted by lilharley View Post
    really appreciate you. would you suggest starting any higher then 2ius? mayb 4
    Although I am not Peitro, I can say that 2iu really wont do much at all. I would start at 4iu, and slowly bump it up from there.

PT
    well you already did your 2ius right? if so just hit up 3iu after your next workout then 4 after the next and so on until you hit 10. 2ius wont do much for you at all so all your doing is getting a feel for it

Gear is offline HGH/IGF/Insulin Forum ~ AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutation View Post
    Humalin R can be tricky for a first timer. Why didn't you go with Humalog or Novalog?

-Gear

There are a few ways of using humalin-R, let me know if you would like to hear it.

-Gear

PT
    Quote Originally Posted by Gear View Post
    There are a few ways of using humalin-R, let me know if you would like to hear it.

-Gear
    i would tell him anyway gear because this is his first time and id rather see him be safe then dead. humilin-r isnt as fast acting as humalog so obviously humalog is the most used slin amongs bb's but like yourself humilin-r was the first slin i used just because it was legal to buy. im afraid to use it anymore because i lift at nights and its tough for me to stay up 5 hours after shooting it so i only use humalog now.

Quote Originally Posted by pietro75 View Post
    i would tell him anyway gear because this is his first time and id rather see him be safe then dead. humilin-r isnt as fast acting as humalog so obviously humalog is the most used slin amongs bb's but like yourself humilin-r was the first slin i used just because it was legal to buy. im afraid to use it anymore because i lift at nights and its tough for me to stay up 5 hours after shooting it so i only use humalog now.
    Roger that.

-Gear

So here it goes...

First of all, let's keep in mind that humalin-R's onset time is 30min post injection, it peeks at about 2 - 3hrs and it is in your system for about 6hrs post injection. This is what happens when you inject humalin-R sub-q.

The point of using insulin is so your muscle cells get force fed with nutrients which leads to greater recovery. Now the issue with huamlin-R is its on-set time (which is 30min). This means once you inject it, it only starts to work 30min later. Waiting 30min PWO for your cells to receive nutrients is too long IMO. I guess better later than never but you need to give your body nutrients immidietly PWO in order to get the best recovery possible. This is why humalog is much better because it starts to work 15min post injection allowing your cells to be force fed almost immidietly PWO.

So, there are two ways of using humalin-R. Inject immidietly PWO and wait 30min till it kicks in then have your proteins, BCAA and whatever else you may take PWO. Or, a better way to take it is; inject it about 15min before you finish training, so then it will kick in about 15min PWO (like humalog does). This is a much more effective way of using humalin-R.

Some of you are thinking why not inject IM immidietly PWO and shorten the on-set time? Well, the on-set time is actually not shortened by that much when doing IM injections. Injecting humalin-R IM will still make the on-set time about 20min.

This is why it would be best to use a rapid acting insulin such as humalog as this type of insulin has a super quik on-set time and even faster when injected IM. Humalin-R can still be used, however there is a bit more mucking around required which can sometimes become a pain especially if you are injecting ED.

Hope some of that made sense.

-Gear

THANKs gear! makes total since. the reson for starting with humalin r is "ur right petro" just because it was legal to buy and could get it asap. and i wanted to go head and get a feel of it .altho im dieng for humalog now after my first 3ius yesterday. no problems just being very cautios for 4-6 hrs is a bitch on anxiety. now i do have a bg meter and tested before i worked out think it was 104 at 4:13pm right when i was done working out- took one krea-akaline and tested blood it was 75 that was at 5:25pm. then shot 3ius im in my delt then drank size on from gaspiro 30g dext and prob 50g protien imediatly after. thenthen at 5:46 blood was 145 and at 6:27 it was 84. then waited around 30 mins and ate a meal. but couldnt test blood anymore. but i guess this justifies that the humalin r did take bit to start working .but let me know what ur thoughts are. im alos using a very cheap meter so they might not be 100% but seem close
    Last edited by lilharley; 07-03-2008 at 09:20 AM.

Good post. Too many people end up having too many problems with humalin r because they don't know how yo utilize it. I think it's more for advanced users.

Quote Originally Posted by Gear View Post
    So here it goes...

First of all, let's keep in mind that humalin-R's onset time is 30min post injection, it peeks at about 2 - 3hrs and it is in your system for about 6hrs post injection. This is what happens when you inject humalin-R sub-q.

The point of using insulin is so your muscle cells get force fed with nutrients which leads to greater recovery. Now the issue with huamlin-R is its on-set time (which is 30min). This means once you inject it, it only starts to work 30min later. Waiting 30min PWO for your cells to receive nutrients is too long IMO. I guess better later than never but you need to give your body nutrients immidietly PWO in order to get the best recovery possible. This is why humalog is much better because it starts to work 15min post injection allowing your cells to be force fed almost immidietly PWO.

So, there are two ways of using humalin-R. Inject immidietly PWO and wait 30min till it kicks in then have your proteins, BCAA and whatever else you may take PWO. Or, a better way to take it is; inject it about 15min before you finish training, so then it will kick in about 15min PWO (like humalog does). This is a much more effective way of using humalin-R.

Some of you are thinking why not inject IM immidietly PWO and shorten the on-set time? Well, the on-set time is actually not shortened by that much when doing IM injections. Injecting humalin-R IM will still make the on-set time about 20min.

This is why it would be best to use a rapid acting insulin such as humalog as this type of insulin has a super quik on-set time and even faster when injected IM. Humalin-R can still be used, however there is a bit more mucking around required which can sometimes become a pain especially if you are injecting ED.

Hope some of that made sense.

-Gear

Thread Information