bigstylios is offline New Member

Slin for lagging muscles???

I am interested to know anyones thoughts on the use of slin to promote growth in certain muscles. In otherwards, if I only did slin on chest day would my chest grow moreso than the rest of my body. I have a large frame but some of my body parts are lagging a bit: Triceps, Calves, Back and Chest. I am aware that I cannot spot inject for growth, but how about slin use on only particular work out days to promote growth in those particular muscle groups???

Thanks

Gear is offline HGH/IGF/Insulin Forum ~ AR-Hall of Famer
    Insulin doesn't quite work that way. Once injected, it will boost the recovery process all over as well as increasing the recovery for the body part you previously trained, but it will not make that particular body part recover the most.

If you want to enhance a certain body part I suggest you get some IGF-1 (that's huIGF-1 not LR3 IGF-1).

Us bigger fellows with larger frames can sometimes look out of proportion, and many years back I had the same issue as you. I tried to solve it by increasing the size of my upper body which was a mega long process but in the later years I learnt it would have been easier to try and shrink my mid section (waist, lose a bit of fat around the belly/love handles area) in order to look more in proprtion instead of trying to increase the size of my upper body. I suggest you try and do that.

All the best.

-Gear

BITTAPART2 is offline Senior Member
    gear, have you ever used that???? I dont know anyone that has used real IGF-1 but have read plenty of endocrinology journals about it, just seems VVVVVVEEEERRRRRYYYY expensive and not accesable?

Quote Originally Posted by BITTAPART2 View Post
    gear, have you ever used that???? I dont know anyone that has used real IGF-1 but have read plenty of endocrinology journals about it, just seems VVVVVVEEEERRRRRYYYY expensive and not accesable?
    I have used IGF-1, but not quite properly. A friend of mine gave me some to try but the amount he gave me wasn't enough to do a proper cycle so the results weren't the best. I am sure if you used proper doses for long enough the results would be good.

Ever since LR3 IGF-1 was introduced, the availability of IGF-1 became worse and worse. Sources stopped carrying it because everyone wanted LR3 because it's longer acting and is cheaper than IGF-1 (little do they know LR3 is far from a wonder drug).

These days very few sources carry IGF-1, but it's still available here and there.

-Gear

bigstylios is offline New Member
    I guess my issue is that my quads are huge and a bit out of proportion to my upper body. Now in the past when I have dieted/cardio to lose the little bit of midsection I have, I would lose muscle as well. I am currently doing 35 min of cardio 3 x per week at 60% max heart rate. I was doing HIIT in the past, but was losing muscle too. So I was thinking, when I used slin before, I had incredible pumps and my thinking was that shuttling the nutrients via insulin to a just worked muscle group may help to increase mass to a certain degree. Then my upper body would be more in sync to my lower....

Quote Originally Posted by Gear View Post
    Insulin doesn't quite work that way. Once injected, it will boost the recovery process all over as well as increasing the recovery for the body part you previously trained, but it will not make that particular body part recover the most.

If you want to enhance a certain body part I suggest you get some IGF-1 (that's huIGF-1 not LR3 IGF-1).

Us bigger fellows with larger frames can sometimes look out of proportion, and many years back I had the same issue as you. I tried to solve it by increasing the size of my upper body which was a mega long process but in the later years I learnt it would have been easier to try and shrink my mid section (waist, lose a bit of fat around the belly/love handles area) in order to look more in proprtion instead of trying to increase the size of my upper body. I suggest you try and do that.

-Gear

Quote Originally Posted by bigstylios View Post
    I guess my issue is that my quads are huge and a bit out of proportion to my upper body. Now in the past when I have dieted/cardio to lose the little bit of midsection I have, I would lose muscle as well. I am currently doing 35 min of cardio 3 x per week at 60% max heart rate. I was doing HIIT in the past, but was losing muscle too. So I was thinking, when I used slin before, I had incredible pumps and my thinking was that shuttling the nutrients via insulin to a just worked muscle group may help to increase mass to a certain degree. Then my upper body would be more in sync to my lower....
    That's the bad part about cardio, when you lose fat you also lose muscle, but once you've lost that fat (even if you lost a bit of muscle with it) if you can manage to eat well and train properly from then on then there is no reason not to put muscle back on without gaining fat.

I usually do what you do, except I cardio for 45 min as that seems to work for me. Once I've lost the fat I try and up my weight by adding muscle only.

Insulin has the potential for muscle gains but the process is mega slow. It's not something to rely on if you want a quik fix.

-Gear

lifterforlife is offline New Member

Ahh...

Ahh thanks for making it clear gear. Makes sense now.

Thread Information