2bshredded is offline Member

Squamous and HGH

I couldn't find anything on a search for this, my wife has a small cell on the lower part of her chin......I searched and found an article but I wondering if anyone else has experience.

She's 52 and on 1 iu a day. From what I've read HGH acclerates cancer.....this article contradictes that.

Part of the article is below, it came up under HGH:The body of science

Growth Hormone Against Skin Cancer

With great interest I've observed in my patients a phenomenon new to science. Patients with early skin cancer lesions on the face and hands have occasionally found these minor malignancies vanishing without surgery after a period on HGH. A friend and colleague of mine, James P. Frackelton, M.D., of Cleveland, Ohio, has had similar experiences with his growth hormone patients. In one case a man with a squamous cell carcinoma, one of the faster spreading varieties of skin cancer, was completely cured without surgical or other treatment.

Dr. Frackelton is fortunate enough to have an excellent clinical laboratory next to his office. Measuring immune function before and after growth hormone replacement therapy, he has found consistent increases in natural killer cell lymphocyte (NK) counts in his elderly patients, in some cases by as much as 300 percent.

An interesting side issue that this study raises is the relationship between HGH, obesity, immune system function, and cancer. It is well known that obese women tend to have lower HGH levels, impaired natural killer cell activity, and a higher risk of cancer. Is it their weight that increases their cancer risk or is it actually depressed immune function resulting from lower levels of HGH?

And what about the thymus regeneration in animals? There is evidence here, too, though not so much as we're likely to have in a few years when a number of current studies bear fruit. Dr. Edmund Chein has reported some degree of thymic regeneration within four weeks of beginning HGH supplementation in humans. An interesting early (1987) study conducted by scientists at the University of Bologna in Italy also found that giving large doses of intravenous arginine, an amino acid that is known to provoke the secretion of growth hormone, produced almost a full recovery in the secretion of thymic hormones, even at a very old age.

peptide is offline Junior Member
    I know there was another study done back in the early 90s at the medical college of Wisconsin that came up with the same results (hgh doesn't cause cancer).

I "thought" it was specfic to certain cancerous cells, does it promote the cell growth of exsisting cancerous cells such as Skin Cancer? That is the real question.

peptide is offline Junior Member
    I'm not sure about existing cancers... I was paging through some books and papers I have trying to find something definitive for you but it seems the jury is still out on that one. Although, I think you may have nailed it, it depends on what kind of cancer. I found studies where hgh helped and others where it seemed to progress it. Check this out: http://mc2.vicnet.net.au/home/shortb...incancers.html

Quote Originally Posted by peptide View Post
    I'm not sure about existing cancers... I was paging through some books and papers I have trying to find something definitive for you but it seems the jury is still out on that one. Although, I think you may have nailed it, it depends on what kind of cancer. I found studies where hgh helped and others where it seemed to progress it. Check this out: http://mc2.vicnet.net.au/home/shortb...incancers.html

Thanks for the info., every little bit helps!

Thread Information