Michael Scott is offline Associate Member

Feedback on my insulin diet

I'm going to throw insulin in a cycle that I'm planning on running (Prop/Tren ). I'll be on Slin for 4 weeks. It's my first time running it so I'll start at 4-5iu post w/o and work my way up to 10iu post w/o. I can't get Humalog so I'll be using Humalin R. I'm only going to post the part of my diet that is related to the Insulin

8am 35 grams protein 60 grams carbs
    9am workout
    10am 10iu Insulin
    10:01am 50 grams dextrose 50 grams maltodextrose 50 grams whey protein
    11:30 50 grams carbs 40 grams protein
    1:00pm 40 grams protein 40 grams carbs
    3:15 40 grams carbs 40 grams protein

after that I'll continue basically the same thing. I know not to take in any fats until 5-6 hours after the I take insulin.

any feedback is greatly appreciated.

Gear is offline HGH/IGF/Insulin Forum ~ AR-Hall of Famer
    Up your PWO protein from 50g to about 75g. And only take your carbs immidietly PWO, but take your protein about 20min post injection when humalin R starts to kick in.

At 11:30am, once again up your protein to at least 50g.

At 1:00pm, up your protein to at least 50g.

You need to take advantage of what insulin is doing with the nutrients you're consuming, so don't be shy to take higher amounts of proteins otherwise it defeats the purpose of using insulin in the first place.

-Gear

Thanks man, I will up the protein, I just wasn't sure because I thought there was a maximum amount of protein your body can absorb in a single sitting. But I guess Insulin changes all of that.

My main concern though was the carbs, cause I don't want to die on Insulin. Are my carbs in check ?

also let me get this straight, no protein immediately after the insulin shot, but just 100 grams of carbs. And then 20 minutes later I'll have a protein shake. Would it be bad if I threw in like 30 grams of protein in carb only shake post workout ?

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Scott View Post
    My main concern though was the carbs, cause I don't want to die on Insulin. Are my carbs in check ?
    You're not going to die, just start on 10g p/1IU and if you need more then simply consume more carbs.

-Gear

also let me get this straight, no protein immediately after the insulin shot, but just 100 grams of carbs. And then 20 minutes later I'll have a protein shake.
    That's correct. This is done because that type of insulin won't start working till about 20 - 30min post injection.

Would it be bad if I threw in like 30 grams of protein in carb only shake post workout ?
    You can take a bit immidietly PWO and some more 20 - 30min later.

-Gear

Thanks man, I appreciate the help.

I've got a couple more questions, I thought maybe it might be better to ask them here instead of making a new thread.

you say wait 20 minutes after taking insulin to consume protein, but is that assuming that I injected IM or Sub Q, cause I know IM is faster, but I don't know how much faster ?

Also what's the best place to inject( IM and Sub Q) ?

Wether you inject sub-q or IM I would still consume your protein about 20min post injection. If the insulin kicks in sooner than expected it won't be that much sooner so 20min is still fine.

When I shoot sub-q, I always shoot around the belly area. When I inject IM, I usually inject in areas such as the bis/tris.

Good luck.

-Gear

Thread Information