Thread: new gh user

Dieselpower is offline Member

new gh user

I just need some feedback on my cycle. Anything would be great.

Stats: 320lbs 16% 6'2 32 yrs

2 iu in the morning
    45-60 mins am cardio 4 x times a week.
    Very low carbs, no sugars, fats.

Not sure what I am missing but any advice will help
    Thank you for your advice.
    Dp

My goal is to lose body fat. I have $$ for a long cycle.
    Last edited by Dieselpower; 09-29-2008 at 05:24 PM.

Silver-Bolt is offline Associate Member
    Sounds like a solid starting point. With your size more than likely you will need to be up around 4iu at least 5/2. Cardio looks good just be sure to change up what you are doing. If you are a runner do some intervals instead of just a steady pace. Bike, elliptical, step mill are all good. Make yourself work in order to complete the cardio. Just like lifting, you only get out of it what you put in it.

peptide is offline Junior Member
    I would also add that if you're on a really low carb diet with that much cardio your going to have low energy due to depleted glycogen stores. So within 30min of completing your cardio session you need some carbs to replenish your glycogen levels otherwise your next training session will suffer. I would also make sure to have a gel or sports drink available during your cardio session in case your blood sugar drops too much. Obviously there are differing opinions but I believe in carbs to fuel the workout and protein to aid in the recovery. You'll hear others suggest cardio first thing in the morning on an empty stomach. I think you need to figure out what works for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver-Bolt View Post
    Sounds like a solid starting point. With your size more than likely you will need to be up around 4iu at least 5/2. Cardio looks good just be sure to change up what you are doing. If you are a runner do some intervals instead of just a steady pace. Bike, elliptical, step mill are all good. Make yourself work in order to complete the cardio. Just like lifting, you only get out of it what you put in it.

I checked my bf% and its like 22% my gf did it wrong.
    Perfect, thats great help. I agree in changing up the cardio, my heart rate is around 155-160 bpm when I am running. I workout first (2 body parts), 45-60 mins cardio, after that 10mins of abs workout.
    5/2 which means 5 days on GH and 2 days off. Just want to make sure what I am doing.

thanks,
    Dp
    Last edited by Dieselpower; 09-30-2008 at 10:46 AM.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by peptide View Post
    I would also add that if you're on a really low carb diet with that much cardio your going to have low energy due to depleted glycogen stores. So within 30min of completing your cardio session you need some carbs to replenish your glycogen levels otherwise your next training session will suffer. I would also make sure to have a gel or sports drink available during your cardio session in case your blood sugar drops too much. Obviously there are differing opinions but I believe in carbs to fuel the workout and protein to aid in the recovery. You'll hear others suggest cardio first thing in the morning on an empty stomach. I think you need to figure out what works for you.
    ya, that is very true my next session sucks and I can running like a did the last time. After my workouts a grab a banana/protein shake. what kind of drink should I have? Something with low sugar? Also I love running in the morning, its easier and I have more time in the morning,
    Last edited by Dieselpower; 09-30-2008 at 10:44 AM.

peptide is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dieselpower View Post
    ya, that is very true my next session sucks and I can running like a did the last time. After my workouts a grab a banana/protein shake. what kind of drink should I have? Something with low sugar? Also I love running in the morning, its easier and I have more time in the morning,
    You really want quick high glycemic carbs after the cardio along with protein that is mixed at a ratio of 3:1. In other words 3 grams of carbs to every 1 gram of protein. This ratio of carbs to protein immediately after your cardio session promotes maximum glycogen synthesis. When I was training for an Ironman triathlon I used a product called Rocoverite by Hammer Nutrition. It got the job done.

Quote Originally Posted by peptide View Post
    You really want quick high glycemic carbs after the cardio along with protein that is mixed at a ratio of 3:1. In other words 3 grams of carbs to every 1 gram of protein. This ratio of carbs to protein immediately after your cardio session promotes maximum glycogen synthesis. When I was training for an Ironman triathlon I used a product called Rocoverite by Hammer Nutrition. It got the job done.
    Great, Thanks for the advice.

Silver-Bolt is offline Associate Member
    Correct, 5 days on GH and 2 days off. If you can swing it running GH 7 days is plenty safe. I am currently running 5iu 7 days. In 3 months I have dropped about 4% BF and not lost weight. It took me awhile to work up to 5iu's. If your sides are too strong back off and work up over time.

I have four kits for now, but I think I will ramp up slowly. But I think ED Gh is going to better, any ideas?

inkslinger is offline Associate Member
    if I were you and you can swing it go for gh ED for the first 3-4 months .... then maybe pull the switch to 5 on 2 off ... this has worked excellent for me this go around. I am so happy with the results ive gotten on my current cycle .. ive been on for about 5 months now

Perfect, thanks

Thread Information