thefunkybuddha is offline Associate Member

Pregnancy Test on HGH

I found this site that lists the sensitivites of different brands of pregnancy tests. Now if I can just find the standard amount of mcg/IU of HGH and hcg it will be easy to know exactly how much of your HGH you need to use on a test.

http://www.fertilityplus.org/faq/hpt.html

binder is offline Member
    pregnancy tests do not have anything to do with Growth Hormone (hGH). Only hCG .

Also it won't tell you how much is in your body. The sensitivity will only tell you how much hCG you have to have to make the test positive. After that point the amount in your body could be way higher.

rhino1 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by binder View Post
    pregnancy tests do not have anything to do with Growth Hormone (hGH). Only hCG .

Also it won't tell you how much is in your body. The sensitivity will only tell you how much hCG you have to have to make the test positive. After that point the amount in your body could be way higher.
    you could do a quantative hcg test to tell how much...

a home pregnancy test is a qualatative test

You could go request one from your doctor....but a general doctor will think your nuts or
    have had a sex change unless you tell him the whole story.

binder is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rhino1 View Post
    you could do a quantative hcg test to tell how much...

a home pregnancy test is a qualatative test

You could go request one from your doctor....but a general doctor will think your nuts or
    have had a sex change unless you tell him the whole story.
    very true....but this guy is talking about home pregnancy tests so that's a no go for him. (unless has a really good home lab, lol)

Thats what Im talking about...to test if your HGH is really HCG .

binder is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by thefunkybuddha View Post
    Thats what Im talking about...to test if your HGH is really HCG.
    Your original post says nothing about that. You are talking about how much hGH to use to get a positive test on a pregnancy test which will not happen.

Also, there is no "standard" mg/IU on hGH. It depends on how concentrated the person wishes to make it. If you have a 10IU vial that is 1cc then you have 10 IU per mL(or cc). Then every 0.10 cc is 1 IU. If you want it more dilute then you dilute it with bacteriostatic water.

Quote Originally Posted by binder View Post
    Your original post says nothing about that. You are talking about how much hGH to use to get a positive test on a pregnancy test which will not happen.

Also, there is no "standard" mg/IU on hGH. It depends on how concentrated the person wishes to make it. If you have a 10IU vial that is 1cc then you have 10 IU per mL(or cc). Then every 0.10 cc is 1 IU. If you want it more dilute then you dilute it with bacteriostatic water.
    I did mention hcg in my orignial post and I assumed, from all the posts I read here it was understood why I would be using a pregnancy test on the HGH. I understand you can change the concentration depending on how much you dilute it...but there most definitly is a standard of how many mcg/IU...recomended that is...otherwise you would have no way of dosing properly...2iu's for you would not be the same as 2 iu's for someone else and so on. My point is if you are testing you HGH to see if it is HCG...why waste more of your stuff than you need to. Since there are mass equivelents for each substance...you could find this out. An IU is a measure of biological avtivity and is different for each substance. Im pretty sure all the pins that are labled IU's that are standardized for insulin .

For example
    1IU of insulin has a mass equivalent of 45.5 mcg.
    Last edited by thefunkybuddha; 10-19-2008 at 07:45 AM.

binder is offline Member
    I understand what you are saying now.

I did not get that out of your first post at all. It was actually rather hard to read.

I'm pretty sure most of the pregnancy tests on the market will detect small enough amounts of hCG that using a normal dosage of what one would think is hGH but is actually hCG (i would say normal dosages based on what people are using here is around 3-5 iu's daily) it should show up on the pregnancy test if in fact the substance is hCG.

There are a couple places i found that state what you are looking for:

Typically, the hGH may be present in an amount sufficient to achieve a formulation concentration of about 10 mg/ml to 255 mg/ml and preferably, the hGH concentration of the formulation may be from about 20 mg/ml to about 170 mg/ml.
    and

So you now have a vial HGH (Getropin) in the form of lyophilized powder. The amount of this powder should be indicated on the vial somewhere. It will either be stated in Units (IU's) or in Milligrams (mg). If it is stated in milligrams, the conversion is most commonly stated as 1mg = ~3IU's (its really more precisely 1mg=2.7IU). We will use this 1mg = 3IU's for our guide since this is the standard most commonly referenced by manufacturers.
    the second one being more useful to you. Like I said, there isn't really a "standard" especially when it comes to UGL's. It just depends on how much you trust them as to if they give you a decent concentration.

Thread Information