Ramsey is offline New Member

HGH & Height, opinions please

Hello, I'm currently considering starting a 150-200 day cycle of 3ius EoD with the goal of gaining any amount of height at all. I've searched the forums and I would like to get opinions on my personal situation. I've been working out for about two and a half years and gained about 50lbs in the process. My stats as of now are

Height: 5'10
    Weight: 180
    BF: ~6%

The only aspect of HGH administration I'm interested in is height gain. I'm sure everyone is aware of both the causal and correlational data regarding the advantages of height. I'd like to gain any amount of height. I've been browsing the numerous health science journals contained in my school's library database and found data on the mean age of epiphyseal fusion in different parts of the body, with the lowest numbers around age 11-15 for the the upper and forearm around the elbow, and the highest numbers around ages 19-25 for the ends of the humerus.

My questions to the forum are
    1) Do you think I could gain any amount of height at this point in my life?
    2) If I started an HGH regimen with some plates fused and some not, could I grow disproportionately, with height gains in some areas, but acr*****ly in others?
    3) Can I just go to my doctor and ask for x-rays to check which epiphyseal plates are fully fused?
    4) If anyone thinks it is possible, suggestions for my cycle?

Silver-Bolt is offline Associate Member
    My opinion, you are foolish to try and gain height by any means. 3iu's EOD will do very little at your age. For me the risk vs reward is no where near worth it.

Timm1704 is offline Anabolic Member
    3ius wont do eff all dude, good luck

PT
    PT is offline DUNAMIS ~ AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    hgh will not help your height whatsoever at your age. if started at the begining of puberty and ran throughout it can add up to 3'' on some but since your way past the puberty stage your kinda shit out of luck
    source checks- 200 posts and 6 month membership min. entirely within my discretion
    PT is a fictional character and all posts are for entertainment purposes only.

Thanks for your opinions. Does anyone know if a doctor would actually be willing to take x-rays and tell me where epiphyseal union is complete, and where it is not? If so, would my general physician be able to do this, or what kind of doctor would I need to go to?

PT
    PT is offline DUNAMIS ~ AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    its useless because all the hgh in the world will not add an inch to you at your age. its not going to happen and if it did then everyone in this world would be over 6 feet tall
    source checks- 200 posts and 6 month membership min. entirely within my discretion
    PT is a fictional character and all posts are for entertainment purposes only.

You would be better off seeing a shrink to deal with your height issues. You are 5-10, 180, and 6% BF. Why could you possibly think a couple of inches in height is going to change your life?

I don't think a shrink would help, seeing as I desire to be taller because of society's views on male height. Society has an issue with height, be it concious or unconcious, there have been countless studies conducted by the most reputable of institutions indicating this.
    If there is any chance of gaining height, however slim, I'd like to take advantage of it, and my perusing has indicated that if epiphyseal union is not achieved, it is possible. Can anyone answer my question of how I would go about obtaining such information on the state of my epiphyseal union?

Wow, I am 5-7 so I guess I better just end it now. lol.

Deep_Fried is offline Junior Member
    Here is a thread copy/pasted from a similar discussion where DatBtrue sheds some rather excellent overlooked information regarding pubertal growth. HGH is NOT the single answer to height, even more so if one does not actually have GHD (Growth Hormone Deficiency).

Originally Posted by dujanw21
    ...and height if possible. i am 20 and still think i can grow some since i have had some growing pains recently.

Originally Posted by DatBtrue
    Why all these questions from kids that want to grow?

Why do they ALL think growth hormone is the answer?

Because they are all incapable of doing the least bit of research to try to figure it out. There is no easy text book answer. I know that if you put the word "growth" in something the masses think that something will make you grow. But nothing takes place in a vaccum.

From, The Roles of Oestrogen in the Male by Richard M. Sharpe.

I'll give you a hint. The intra-cellular signalling is important.

"Conversely, 1, 25 dihydroxy vitamin D3 prolongs GH signalling in osteoblast-like cells by inhibition of SOCS-3 and CIS expression which might contribute to bone turnover."

Go read "Seeking SOCS and sex steroids ", Michael J. Waters.

Here is the opening paragraph:

In seeking to explain why oral estrogen inhibits the GH–IGF-I axis, a recent study has unearthed a new way that steroid hormones can influence growth hormone action. This involves suppressors of cytokine signalling (SOCS), which offer a new level of understanding in signal control and crosstalk.
    Originally Posted by Bobaslaw
    ...There are optimum protocols for GHD in children with SS (Short Stature), none of them which yet encompass CJC or GHRP. So far, HGH, GHRH and rhIGF have been used in treatment....
    Originally Posted by DatBtrue
    Yes but the KEY is there is already a LOT going on in the body of a child. For a child often GH is what is needed because they have a mutation that precludes them from producing their own but the other factors necessary for growth will occur as they do with any child.

The problem becomes much, much, much more complex when a 20 year old needs to duplicate all that is happening in a child poised for growth. That can not be done ...or it can but it takes changing their "young adult" sex hormone profile and duplicating the pattern of a child in adolescence. Not easy and it may not even be desirable.

The same thing happens when an adult realizes DHT transdermal is used to treat micropenis in children. They think they can use it to become larger. But they can not because those receptors responsible for growth are not responsive much beyond 14 - 15 years of age. Instead the DHT receptors in that region in an adult who uses such a locally applied transdermal uptakes DHT and enlarges the prostate. But that doesn't mean idiots don't try such things.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails HGH & Height, opinions please-clipboard01.jpg  

Thread Information