takincareofbusiness is offline Associate Member

HGH And Blown Out Knee

So I've been runing GH for 6 months with great results! Lost a lot of fat, built up a lot of stamina and got some good definition.
    Then just two nights before Thanksgiving I BLEW MY DAMN KNEE OUT!
    The funny thing is that I wasn't doing anything special. I was in the middle of my second set of lunges using 40lb dumbels and then with a loud POP my knee cap blew out! And as if that wasn't enough I fell and landed on it bending it all the way down (w/my knee cap still out of place). What was wierd was how easy it seamed to happen. It was like it could have happened any time! Never had I felt anything like this.
    The paramedics came and at first we thought it was broke but as I streched my leg out a bit we all saw my knee cap slip back into place!
    I didn't know what to think. I had never had any problems with my joints other than a mild sprained ankle.
    So my knee swole up to more that twice it's normal size and hurts like a muth*@ F@ck*r!
    Anyway, I has xrays done and no fractures but they think I tore my miniscuss (sp) I'm planing to have an MRI done this week to show how bad the damages are.
    Another funny thing is that yesterday the swelling seamed to go down and then it turned purple! Why would an injury bruise three days later??

I couldn't help but wonder if it had anything to do with the HGH. I've read how it can have an effect on peoples joints. I've since stoped taking it for a few and just got back on it today. (4iu)
    Has anybody ever heard of anything like this?

Silver-Bolt is offline Associate Member
    That sucks. I tore my bicep in a similar situation. I had cut my weight in half and was really focussing on correcting my form. Second set, third rep, two loud pops and I had a limp noodle for an arm. Delay bruising is normal. It take several days for the blood to reach the surface. After the purple it will turn a real sexy yellow. Don't screw around with that injury. Do what the Doc says and don't push it.

Yeah, I got the "limp noodle" effect too! That's why I figured it was broke. And yeah, I started to see a lil yellow this morning. Thanks for the heads up!
    Hey so what did yours turn out to be?

Silver-Bolt is offline Associate Member
    Mine turned out to be a distall tear of my left bicep. Surgery and 6 months no lifting. Just now able to start lifting again. When it let go I had a huge void from my elbow to my shoulder where the bicep used to be. Today it doesn't look too bad. You knee will not be an easy one. At least you can still do some upper body work.

Yeah I've heard of muscles coming off the tendon and snapping back into lil hard balls. My friends are just coming back from Iraq w/ all kinds of stories.
    Last edited by takincareofbusiness; 12-02-2008 at 09:24 AM.

oc pitbull is offline Member
    hope you get better man. I know how injuries can really **** with us.

fossilfuel7 is offline Member
    It's crazy how some people feel old injuries healing and joints feeling tighter, stronger while on GH and then some like takincareofbusiness have a serious injury even though there on the GH.

I guess freak injuries can happen no matter what you are on.

Hope you heal good and quick man.

titantn is offline New Member
    TCB, I hope the healing process goes well. GH doesn't make you superman, injuries will happen regardless. I think the injury would have happened whether you were on or off GH. Don't second guess, you have had some great results.

Quote Originally Posted by oc pitbull View Post
    hope you get better man. I know how injuries can really **** with us.
    Thanks bro, it's deffinetly a bumer.

Quote Originally Posted by fossilfuel7 View Post
    It's crazy how some people feel old injuries healing and joints feeling tighter, stronger while on GH and then some like takincareofbusiness have a serious injury even though there on the GH.

I guess freak injuries can happen no matter what you are on.

Hope you heal good and quick man.
    Yeah man thanks. I can't wait to get back 100%. It's hard only doing upper body. My work outs are down to between 20-25% of what they should be or at least what they were before.

Quote Originally Posted by titantn View Post
    TCB, I hope the healing process goes well. GH doesn't make you superman, injuries will happen regardless. I think the injury would have happened whether you were on or off GH. Don't second guess, you have had some great results.
    It's funny that you mention 'superman'. Actually, that's exactly how I was feeling just before the accident happened! I don't know if you've ever felt an HGH high before but its the BEST in the world!
    So can u guys imagine going from feeling a really strong pump and a natural high to "POP"! Something going out and hitting the floor in mind numbing pain!

fossilfuel7 is offline Member
    I talked to some serious lifter friends of mine...and they said that the lunge is the worst and most dangerous exercise for the knees and that using 40 pound dumbells in each hand can have the pressure of 300+ pds on your knees because of the awkwardness lunges can cause.

Nevertheless..that is still a freak accident.
    I would definitely stay on the GH and maybe let us know how you progress from the injury.

Quote Originally Posted by takincareofbusiness View Post
    It's funny that you mention 'superman'. Actually, that's exactly how I was feeling just before the accident happened! I don't know if you've ever felt an HGH high before but its the BEST in the world!
    So can u guys imagine going from feeling a really strong pump and a natural high to "POP"! Something going out and hitting the floor in mind numbing pain!

tcw
    tcw is offline Senior Member
    Wow dude....that's unfreggin belieable. This injury sounds painful...just hearing about it.

I was doing heavy lunges once...and heard "pop-pop." But it wasn't my knee caps....It was my hams poping in and outta place...

It was painful as hell. I had to take a month break from the lunges....and it scared the HELL OUT OF ME!....so i know the feeling you are experiencing.

I do lunges with 45lbs all the time...and im 48 yrs old. I'm not sure i believe the 300lbs analogy...but i would say that lunges have been one of the most powerful leg builders....i like them better than squats. You have to do them correctly...or else they can screw up your knees, legs and even your back.

GH has helped me heal several injuries...but they were minor. In this case....it will help....but if you need surgery....GH will not replace a skillful surgeon. However, it will diffenately help speed the healing process.

Sorry to hear of your troubles....i enjoyed reading your Posts...

ADVICE: If you need the surgery....find the best surgeon you can get for your insurance. Don't let any moron work on your knees. Get the best.

BTW...How many IU's you up to?
    Last edited by tcw; 12-06-2008 at 11:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fossilfuel7 View Post
    I talked to some serious lifter friends of mine...and they said that the lunge is the worst and most dangerous exercise for the knees and that using 40 pound dumbells in each hand can have the pressure of 300+ pds on your knees because of the awkwardness lunges can cause.

Nevertheless..that is still a freak accident.
    I would definitely stay on the GH and maybe let us know how you progress from the injury.
    Wow! Realy, I never really do lunges. But I can understand the 300+ pound leverage issue. (at least that's how it felt!)

Quote Originally Posted by tcw View Post
    Wow dude....that's unfreggin belieable. This injury sounds painful...just hearing about it.

I was doing heavy lunges once...and heard "pop-pop." But it wasn't my knee caps....It was my hams poping in and outta place...

It was painful as hell. I had to take a month break from the lunges....and it scared the HELL OUT OF ME!....so i know the feeling you are experiencing.

I do lunges with 45lbs all the time...and im 48 yrs old. I'm not sure i believe the 300lbs analogy...but i would say that lunges have been one of the most powerful leg builders....i like them better than squats. You have to do them correctly...or else they can screw up your knees, legs and even your back.

GH has helped me heal several injuries...but they were minor. In this case....it will help....but if you need surgery....GH will not replace a skillful surgeon. However, it will diffenately help speed the healing process.

Sorry to hear of your troubles....i enjoyed reading your Posts...

ADVICE: If you need the surgery....find the best surgeon you can get for your insurance. Don't let any moron work on your knees. Get the best.

BTW...How many IU's you up to?
    I appreciate your experiance. I hardly ever do lunges. Was not planing on doing them ever again...but understand why u like them better than the squats.
    As far as surgury goes that's something I hope I won't have to do...

Thanks again!
    Last edited by takincareofbusiness; 12-09-2008 at 12:03 PM.

Right now I'm back n forth between 2.5 and 3.5 iu's e/d. Was runnin around 5iu's e/d before the accident.

Has anybody ever heard of taking Vicodine while on HGH?

Here's a pic of what my knee looked like just after it happened. (about two days)

Last edited by takincareofbusiness; 12-15-2008 at 02:48 AM.

Here are some pics of my leg today. The bruising is about 80% gone so keep in mind they looked way worse.

tcw
    tcw is offline Senior Member
    Bro....come on. Have you had a Dr. Look at that?

You could be dealing with a permanant injury that won't heal correctly if not takin care of by a professional. If you don' t have insurance, go to the nearest county hospital and get some attention.

Seriously, you could **** up your knee for life if you don't have a Dr. Work on that.

Is that your ankle swollen as Well?

You Should be hitting that with ICE Packs....2-3 times a day for 30 minutes.

Thread Information