Thread: Sleep Apnea

JaredLean is offline Junior Member

Sleep Apnea

Hey guys,

Ive been developing sleep apnea, that started about 3 months after I started GH.

I have read this sometimes happens due to a slew of reasons.

My question is, if anybody knows, when I get off of GH will that go away?

Much appreciated,

Jared

peachfuzz is offline Anabolic Member
    Really depends on which of the "slew reasons" is causing it. If you have insurance look into a CPAP machine.

Silver-Bolt is offline Associate Member
    Try adding in a little T4. My energy went up and all sleepiness during the day is gone.

Kale is offline ~ Vet~ I like Thai Girls
    God I hope so, I wen through the operation to fix that and i would not wish that on my worst enemy !!!

tcw
    tcw is offline Senior Member
    What is sleep apnea?

How do you get it?

~TW

FireGuy is offline 9/11/2001~343 Never Forget!~E-HOF~RETIRED
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver-Bolt View Post
    Try adding in a little T4. My energy went up and all sleepiness during the day is gone.
    What does that have to do with sleep apnea?

MalibuD is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kale View Post
    God I hope so, I wen through the operation to fix that and i would not wish that on my worst enemy !!!
    Think I might have to have that same surgery due to a deviated septum. Definately no looking forward to that from what Ive researched and heard!

peachfuzz is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tcw View Post
    What is sleep apnea?

How do you get it?

~TW
    short but will answer your question...http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/dci/...ea_WhatIs.html

being overweight is one of the biggest contributing factors and AAS and GH can increase the severity or even cause this condition. It is a nightmare. (except its not cause you cant sleep )

Quote Originally Posted by FireGuy1 View Post
    I wondered the same thing

I dont think he knew what sleep apnea was..
    Last edited by peachfuzz; 12-21-2008 at 09:24 PM.

T_Own is offline Formula1 Aficionado
    ^^ maybe he was thinking the problem was being tired during the days?

bbminded is offline Member
    Whats up guys! I found out i had sleep apnea about 2 years ago and have been using the cpap machine since then. Ill tell you its like night and day. No where near as tired during the day. It sucks at first but once you get used to it you wont ever sleep without it. they told me i could have the surgery and id be a good candidate for it but its only a 50/50 chance it will work. I have a deviated septum,large toncils and a large tongue, which caused me to snore like a bitch thus my body would wake itself up throughout the night. actually when i had the sleep test done i woke up 260+ times in the night.

Silver-Bolt is offline Associate Member
    My thought was that he may not really have sleep apnea but the GH sleepys. I was having the early afternoon sleepiness until I started the T4. Since on T4 no more sleepiness. If he truly has sleep apnea then T4 obviously is not the answer.

Yeah bbminded - im going that test here in a few days.

Everyone who can get over the initial shock of using a CPAP machine seems to say its a god send, but that would be pretty sweet partying in vegas, then real casually pulling that thing out and putting the space mask on.

datbtrue is offline New Member

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by JaredLean View Post
    Yeah bbminded - im going that test here in a few days.

Everyone who can get over the initial shock of using a CPAP machine seems to say its a god send, but that would be pretty sweet partying in vegas, then real casually pulling that thing out and putting the space mask on.
    The mental image made me laugh.

Just tell the girl you're gonna to play "Astronaut lands on the Alien" and she's the alien. THEN pull out the CPAP mask and commence the landing.

lol hilarious - commence the landing

MikeMilo is offline New Member
    I have sleep apnea, went through the sleep studies, got the CPAP machine and hated it. I got my deviated septum operated on, it's not a bad procedure at all anymore, and now I like my CPAP machine. The new ones have humidifiers and are quiet, and the masks have improved alot.

FLAMEHAIREDADONIS is offline New Member
    Considering taking HGH so wish to know is sleep apnea a likley side effect or is this just a one off case?

juice555 is offline Junior Member
    when i was on GH i started to have this problem too. mine was obstructive sleep apnea. girlfriend says i snored alot. since i've been off GH for a month or so, i've stopped snoring apparently.

jackuped is offline New Member
    I too get sleepy during day since using gh three weeks. Question is I have some t3 (AG) and was going to use it for cutting. How much do I take for just supplimenting my HGH cycle? I am 6" , 200 lb.'s

FireGuy is offline 9/11/2001~343 Never Forget!~E-HOF~RETIRED
    Quote Originally Posted by jackuped View Post
    I too get sleepy during day since using gh three weeks. Question is I have some t3 (AG) and was going to use it for cutting. How much do I take for just supplimenting my HGH cycle? I am 6" , 200 lb.'s
    This is a sleep apnea thread, you need to start your own thread if you want specific answers to your off topic questions.

Kratos is offline I feel accomplished
    most likely you had it before the HGH although being overweight is a risk factor if you put on a lot of weight. I have severe sleep apnea and wake up over 40x per hour. My doc said I've probably had it even as a child and could be one explaination for my ADD. I just stated CPAP a few months back, you should look into the same. If my insurance will pay, I'm going to get an oral applience made (like a mouthpeice) works well in young active people and less a pain than CPAP. It's a very common problem.

jackuped is offline New Member
    This is a sleep apnea thread, you need to start your own thread if you want specific answers to your off topic questions.
    Maybe I need to explain more in detail (not saying your anal) but, this means I am not sleeping very well. My wife says I snore now when I didn't before.

Sorry to grind your sensitivity, sleepness and apnea have something in common.

Thread Information