Thread: First Shot Slin

Flex-Appeal is offline Senior Member

First Shot Slin

So i stepped into the new world of slin just a few minutes ago. I just took my first 4iu shot. Im a little nervous but its just a first time thing i think. I went back and forth about doing this after reading for a whole month ed about slin. I feel im pretty well educated about it not to hurt myself but i know things happen. I already have my first meal ready, its a large baked potato and a large chicken breast with brocolli. Anyone feel free to chime in about their first exp with slin and tell me what to expect. Im on my toes right now...

Ashop is offline Anabolic Member

Question

ARE you using HUMALOG? and are you using it PWO?

yep humalog PWO 4iu and i will increase 1iu ed until i reach 10iu then maintain. 4 weeks on 4 off cycles

SPIKE is offline AR-Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Are you going to take it PWO? If so you're going to have to measure out your carbs to Slin ratio a bit more accurate then with just a Baked potato. That will suffice now at only 4iu but once you start ramping up Flex you'll need to be more accurate.

Have you looked into any supps to take after your shot? Malt, Dex, WMS?

Yea bro this is what I got: started at 4iu will increase 1iu pwo ed until I reach 10iu then maintain. I get 60g whey protein and WM starch(8-9g carb per iu) with 5g CReatine and 10g glutamine. As far as measuring the potatoes I have a scale and a guide I can use to be very precise about grams of carbs per ounce of potatoes. I really like to listen to my body, it's your best guide I feel.
    Any input is greatly appreciated, I'm open to learn

PT
    PT is offline DUNAMIS ~ AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    once your at 10iu and 80-90g of carbs pwo you can slowley start lowering the carbs. i usually take in around 40-50g per 10ius. remember you want no fat and limited carbs during the 3 hour duration. you need to find what works for you because everyone is different and when your testing it just keep a shake close with an extra 10g's
    source checks- 200 posts and 6 month membership min. entirely within my discretion
    PT is a fictional character and all posts are for entertainment purposes only.

jimmyinkedup is offline Disappointment* Known SCAMMER - Do Not Trust *
    Blog Entries
    this is not 1st hand experince as i do not use waxy maize BUT i would be careful relying on it as a reliable carb source post insulin injection....b/c of its rapid digestion characteristics and minimal impact on blood glucose...imo you might be better suited to another primary source of carbs. It may be good in conjunction with...but i wouldnt count on it as carb source and reliable to counteract insulin. Just an observation. Again thats opinion not 1st hand experience..
    Also i keep a roll of glucose tabs on me from the pharmacy at all times when using insulin. Even after years or using it on and off and knowing very well my bodies response...

Yea I got some orange flavored tabs but only like 4g fast carbs
    I'll look into the WM jimmy, I think red baron said it was ok.
    Where can I get glucose tabs online, expensive at walgreens

jimmyinkedup is offline Disappointment* Known SCAMMER - Do Not Trust *
    Blog Entries
    ^^^ i dunno...i never have had to use them so its a minor investment...i keep em on hand JIC - know what i mean? I have my planned carb intake and follow that but keep them JIC so for the $ i spent i think ive had the roll for the last 4 years ! *L* might be time 4 me to chuck and pick up a new one next go round with slin huh?*L*

Thanks PT, yesterday was only first shot so it will take me some time to figure out if I'm getting too many carbs. I'm just playing it safe right now. In time will lower carb/iu ratio to find the sweet spot

When will I start to notice any gains...strength or weight? Orr any good effects from the slin at all?

Reed is offline AR's Pitbull ~Vet~
    Been on it for 2 weeks now. Up to 9 iu with 65 grams of WMS and 50 g of protein PWO. You know its not a drug like test right? It will help you with strength and weight but not like you probably think. Its a good PWO drug for getting the nutrients shuttled to the muscle and increasing the volume of glycogen and leading to an increase in muscle bulk. Also I believe it prevents the breakdown of muscle protein meaning more muscle being made than destroyed..... I could be wrong though.... I keep my pump for a hour or two and my appetite has increased which is a good thing.... thats the two things I notice. More food equals a bigger ME!!!

No doubt reed, sounds good to me. I'm waiting another 2 months before I start next cycle, I guess I will see my real results there. Do you plan on going up to 10iu?
    What are some of your non fat slin meals?

I am tomorrow for back day. Kinda a bigger dude so I need more. Gonna do the 65g of WMS w/ 10iu then lower the carbs slowly How long is your next cycle?? I'm running the slin for 6 weeks total till my next cycle stop for 6 weeks then implement it a week before I add in the drol. Its a good idea to cycle slin but honestly don't panic to much as there is not one ounce of evidence that using slin for a extended period will cause problems. I know this board tends to run more conservative and not doing high doses etc but depends on your goals.... know what I mean. I think Devldog ran slin for 2 years straight and never had one problem afterwords..... just so you know.

My one non fat meal after the PWO shake is generally an hour to 1.5 hours which is 99% fat free ground turkey (yes I'm a poor kid) with brown rice and broccoli. Works good. I like insulin as I keep my pump and I'm hungry like none other. I actually gotta control myself more and wait out that 2.5-3hrs before my next meal. Love IT!!!!

Sounds like you have your shit together. I'm 6 foot 208-210 7-8%bf. I'm not going over 10iu but will work up to that and maintain. I only planned on running month on month off cycles since that's what is usually advised by the board members. But I do agree 6 weeks couldn't hurt. My next aas cycle will be 16-18 weeks if that's your question. Are thinking of taking is pre w/o ever?

I will as I get more advanced but I also gotta have a spot on diet and probably drink a intra-workout drink in order to not go hypo. I got a 12 wker coming up which I'll prime for (carb cycling so I can still do the slin) cruising till my competition cycle then come off and do a aggressive PCT of hcg /torem/clomid. I know cruising is considered witch craft here but I'm a competitor so the basic rules do not apply especially if I'm gonna go far.

Yea i too may start to take slin pre w/o after more exp. Thats good that you compete, bodybuilding is a growing sport, makes me happy. I have always done time on cycle = time off. Sometime i'll do a 1 year cycle cruise/blast style, just not yet. That pct you listed was the exact same time i did for my last 14 weeker, helped me keep alot of my gains with the exception of 6-7 pounds.

PT
    PT is offline DUNAMIS ~ AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    what else are you running right now? test or hgh?
    source checks- 200 posts and 6 month membership min. entirely within my discretion
    PT is a fictional character and all posts are for entertainment purposes only.

I'm not running anything, I'm on my time off until 2 months I get to start again. I was going to run hgh with it but not enough funds to buy a few months worth. In time it will come.

Question: Is it recommended to ever go over 10iu's? If no, why not
    Should i shoot slin on non workout days? If yes, when is the best time? How many iu?

You can go over 10iu's but usually reserved for larger individuals as it can increase the chances of sides that may outweigh the benefits. Its up to you if you want to experiment I say.

People do take it in the morning on workout and non workout days to help with recovery and get them out of the catabolic state they have been in but I'd save that for later. Just eat solid food in the morning and use your slin for PWO only..... for now.

Just my .02 cents

thanks bro, that's what I figured but needed a second opinion
    Btw, how was that 10iu shot for back day?

It went well I am keeping it at that dose for now. Haven't even gone hypo but maybe one time where I took 8iu and ran a little behind on my diet got the shakes for no more than minute downed some OJ and I was G2G.

Yea same here, got hypo on first 10iu shot, drank 1/2 glass oj with a glucose tab and i was fine minutes later. My hands were shaking pretty bad for a second though. My problem with that shot was that i tried to dial in on 7g carbs/iu ratio and missed a little bit. Im gaining weight on it already, and none of its sloppy. So far so good!

fitguy is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Flex-Appeal View Post
    Yea same here, got hypo on first 10iu shot, drank 1/2 glass oj with a glucose tab and i was fine minutes later. My hands were shaking pretty bad for a second though. My problem with that shot was that i tried to dial in on 7g carbs/iu ratio and missed a little bit. Im gaining weight on it already, and none of its sloppy. So far so good!
    how much did you gain so far?

Abt 2-3 lbs I'm sure it's from the improved pwo diet and extra food

Is it a true fact that clen lowers insulin sensitivity?
    If yes, then would I just take more iu of slin to counter it?
    *thought I read that...

Zino is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Flex-Appeal View Post
    Is it a true fact that clen lowers insulin sensitivity?
    If yes, then would I just take more iu of slin to counter it?
    *thought I read that...
    bump, anyone know about this?

Yes I found out that it is true. If you still wish to use something to burn fat go with HCA or a ECA stack. Nark convinced me to use neither and improve my diet a bit.

Go read my other thread...slin question of the day

DEVLDOG is offline Retired VET
    Quote Originally Posted by Reed View Post
    I am tomorrow for back day. Kinda a bigger dude so I need more. Gonna do the 65g of WMS w/ 10iu then lower the carbs slowly How long is your next cycle?? I'm running the slin for 6 weeks total till my next cycle stop for 6 weeks then implement it a week before I add in the drol. Its a good idea to cycle slin but honestly don't panic to much as there is not one ounce of evidence that using slin for a extended period will cause problems. I know this board tends to run more conservative and not doing high doses etc but depends on your goals.... know what I mean. I think Devldog ran slin for 2 years straight and never had one problem afterwords..... just so you know.

My one non fat meal after the PWO shake is generally an hour to 1.5 hours which is 99% fat free ground turkey (yes I'm a poor kid) with brown rice and broccoli. Works good. I like insulin as I keep my pump and I'm hungry like none other. I actually gotta control myself more and wait out that 2.5-3hrs before my next meal. Love IT!!!!
    17 MONTHS

Finished up probably over 3yrs ago,I have no issues,nor have I ever,I also think slin is pretty much worthless, guess its good for nutrient uptake but for size..5lbs maybe.

just my observations

Thanks for the input.
    Don't get me wrong I like slin, but it's a little over rated results wise. Like you said weight gain and strength gains are little here and there.
    I'll still continue my slin binge though

Thread Information