Thread: insulin

dildoman is offline Associate Member

insulin

Ive been told that taking insulin right after a workout is dangerous cause immune system is down, it should be taken before an evening meal...Can anyone clarify this for me?

Ashop is offline Anabolic Member

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by dildoman View Post
    Ive been told that taking insulin right after a workout is dangerous cause immune system is down, it should be taken before an evening meal...Can anyone clarify this for me?
    Ive only seen it used PWO and some take AM and PWO.

SPIKE is offline AR-Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Immune system to shut down? Evening meal? That's the first I've heard of either.

Flex-Appeal is offline Senior Member
    I have only heard of pre w/o and post wo.
    I'd consider your source of info, go look for legit literature.

PT
    PT is offline DUNAMIS ~ AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    exactly, in order to do what its supposed to do it needs to be taken pwo when the muscles are broke down
    source checks- 200 posts and 6 month membership min. entirely within my discretion
    PT is a fictional character and all posts are for entertainment purposes only.

jimmyinkedup is offline Disappointment* Known SCAMMER - Do Not Trust *
    Blog Entries
    insulin slows the relase of growth hormones which then results in suppression of the immune system. However the speculation of insulin re immune system is also based not on exogenous inslin administration but on consumption of excess sugar and the competition between glusoce and vitamin c to enter cell. I dunno .....Ironically diabetes itself is linked to decreased imuno function and the addition of exogenous insulin as we all know in this case relieves the disease and several of its symptoms. Id say based on personal experience it doent dramatically effect it...ive used insulin for years and i dont get ill or sick while using and if anyhting it seems to me to improve muscle recovery. Its most commonly used in my experince first thing in am and pwo (which for obvious reasons makes sense)...

Thread Information