msoneshot is offline New Member

Anyone experienced with phenformin?

It's supposed to be a oral insulin or similar? I researched it but there's just not a lot of information on in my specific questions.

Could it be used with a bulk cycle? Or is it best for cutting?

Would you take an post workout and then carb up?

How long should you wait after taking before you carb?

What kind of carbs should you take? Glucose tabs and glycol-maize?

Should you be worried about lactic acidosis? Couldn't you use blood buffers for this.

PT
    PT is offline DUNAMIS ~ AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    i have never used it and i never will use anything but humalog but if you send Pinn a pm maybe he will help you because he has used this before
    source checks- 200 posts and 6 month membership min. entirely within my discretion
    PT is a fictional character and all posts are for entertainment purposes only.

msoneshot is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PT View Post
    i have never used it and i never will use anything but humalog but if you send Pinn a pm maybe he will help you because he has used this before

Thanks I will I would like to use insulin but I guess I'm just too scared. How was your experience with insulin? Do you think it was worth it?

It is something I should be scared of or is it really not that bad?

I would like to try IGF - R3 and HGH with insulin. Since I was scared of insulin I was in a substituted it with phenformin. What do think?

Deep_Fried is offline Junior Member
    Metformin and Phenformin are of the same class of compounds called Biguanides.

Their method of action is significantly different than that of insulin , especially with respect to GH/Insulin synergy. You may want to evaluate your goals and be aware of the drawbacks of these compounds, especially if you plan on using GH, OR are equally concerned about having optimum IGF-1 levels.

Phenformin, like Metformin activates AMPK, which causes downregulation of the signaling pathways that IGF-1 activates via the IGF-1 receptor. Also, hepatic IGF-1 synthesis is affected as is the increase in IGFBP3.

See the following:
    HGH and Diabetes.....

Thread Information