AbsoluteZero is offline New Member

HGH and Post-Obese Damage + Bursitis/Tendinitis - Will it Help?

Over the last 3 years I have lost about 105 lbs of weight, mostly fat. I'm now 6', 201 lbs, 14% bodyfat, 30 years old. I've been overweight/obese all my life. I started weightlifting almost two years ago and it changed my life forever!

Unfortunately I overtrained and blew out my shoulders about 4 months ago. I have bursitis and tendinitis in both shoulders now and have.been to the doctor several times. I tried the anti-inflammatory drugs they prescribed but still have pain and can't lift what I used to; shoulderpresses are out of the question! That is problem #1.

Now problem #2: After losing 100+ lbs of weight, my skin has retracted quite a bit, but not nearly enough. I'll be honest here, I don't look so good...like a deflated balloon! I'm scheduled for gyno, and possible abdominoplasty, surgery later this year.

Here is my question: Do you believe that 6+ months of HGH will help with the bursitis and possible tighten my skin up? Perhaps tighten it enough to minimize extensive reconstructive surgery? I was considering this cycle:

Weeks 1 - 4: 2ui HGH
    Weeks 5 - 20: 5/2 ui HGH
    5 days on, 2 off throughout cycle

Thanks guys!
    Last edited by AbsoluteZero; 01-17-2009 at 05:23 PM.

Silver-Bolt is offline Associate Member
    #1 congrats on losing all that weight. Incredible. Regarding tendonitous, GH may help some but you will get more relief from laying off the heavy weights. Drop your weight down and increase your reps. The pain is telling you body it does not like what you are doing. Listen to it. Go light for a month or two and see how you do. Increasing you weight too quickly is a very common reason for the pain.

Thread Information