Armythug is offline New Member

Insulin Pre Or Post Workout?

Hi Guys

I've been on a cycle for 10wks.(5th course in 3yrs now)
    Using 2-3ml each of Organon Sus 250 & Deca QV 200 per week.

Also along with this i've been using 8-9iu's of Insulin 30-40min before each workout, just on workout days. Mon, Tue, Thur, Fri.

I reason i've been taking the insulin then is i've been advised to by my workout partner who is also getting me the insulin and who is diabetic.
    Its the NovoRapid FlexPen for Type 1 Diabetes.

I do have and drink a bottle of luczade while working out (High Glucose drink) to fend off any low suger levels.

Now i've had great results, as i've never tried insulin before, or could it just be i've changed my workout routine and using different sus & deca?

But i've been reading on your site and others that this is the wrong thing to do? and i should be spreading my insulin out over the day 1-2iu's with each meal?

Which is correct? Note i'm NOT a diabetic. weight was 81kg now 87kg.

Thanks

M

seriousmass is offline Banned
    The Book on Insulin
    The Book On Insulin

i'd start reading now!!!

it took me like a whole day to understand that article. lol

good luck.

Thumbs up Thanks

Thanks man.. thats what i was after!

Cheers

PT
    PT is offline DUNAMIS ~ AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    take it all at once post workout.
    source checks- 200 posts and 6 month membership min. entirely within my discretion
    PT is a fictional character and all posts are for entertainment purposes only.

Smile Ta

Thanks PT... makes sense from what i've all been reading, plus saves time trying to take 4-5 shots a day before meals.

Cheers

seriousmass is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Armythug View Post
    Thanks man.. thats what i was after!

Cheers
    No problem. Good luck.

I'm terrified of trying slin. I like to read about it... because it does offer some pretty cool gains, etc... but i dunno... the threat of permanently becoming diabetic as a result is definitely my deterrent.

Narkissos is offline AR-Hall of Famer ~Diet Guru~
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Armythug View Post
    Hi Guys

Also along with this i've been using 8-9iu's of Insulin 30-40min before each workout, just on workout days. Mon, Tue, Thur, Fri.

I reason i've been taking the insulin then is i've been advised to by my workout partner who is also getting me the insulin and who is diabetic.
    Its the NovoRapid FlexPen for Type 1 Diabetes.

I do have and drink a bottle of luczade while working out (High Glucose drink) to fend off any low suger levels.

Now i've had great results, as i've never tried insulin before, or could it just be i've changed my workout routine and using different sus & deca?

But i've been reading on your site and others that this is the wrong thing to do? and i should be spreading my insulin out over the day 1-2iu's with each meal?

Which is correct? Note i'm NOT a diabetic. weight was 81kg now 87kg.

Thanks

M
    If you're getting great results.. why change it?

There are a number of insulin protocols being utilized at present.

Here @steroid .com, these guys only utilize one: pwo slin... 4 weeks on, 2-4 weeks off.

Over at Pinnacle's board (Pinnacle is a Hall of Famer here, and a contest-prep consultant like I am), some of his guys utilize pre-workout insulin + intraworkout liquid (pro+carb) feedings.

Over @ UKI, the basic protocol is long-acting insulin (30-70 IUs of Glargine Insulin, Humulin-N, or Levemir) first thing in the a.m. The person who introduced this protocol is a doctor with long-standing experience with professional strength athletes.

(Sidenote: I have a client currently who's currently running 40 IUs of humulin-N in the a.m. on his carb-up days...and he's down to 8% BF at present.)

Over @ another UK board the normal protocol is long-actin slin in the a.m. + 2 IUs actrapid after ea. meal... or (15-30 IUs) long-acting slin in the a.m. + 10-15 IUs of actrapid/humalog PWO.

Multiple protocols exist... All are effective.

Each has a rationale behind it.

Each person utilizing and advocating each protocol thinks said protocol is 'best'.

My question to you woudl be: If you've started a protocol, and you have your information and safeguards on hand... why change it?

-CNS

Blog Entries
    Oh boy.

This is where i bite my tongue and exit the thread.

All the best Armythug.

-CNS

Pinnacle is offline AR-Hall of Famer ~ Cocky motherF*cker!
    Quote Originally Posted by *Narkissos* View Post
    Oh boy.

This is where i bite my tongue and exit the thread.

All the best Armythug.

-CNS

LMFAO

I'll take the 5th here Nark. I see we are out numbered by inexperienced rookies..hahahahah

And they wonder why experienced guys DON'T post here any longer?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinnacle View Post
    LMFAO

I'll take the 5th here Nark. I see we are out numbered by inexperienced rookies..hahahahah

And they wonder why experienced guys DON'T post here any longer?
    Yep.

lmao.

Imma go back into my little corner and work at, i dunno, turning people into successful bodybuilders... It is what we get paid to do after all 'eh Pinn?

Quote Originally Posted by *Narkissos* View Post
    Imma go back into my little corner and work at, i dunno, turning people into successful bodybuilders... It is what we get paid to do after all 'eh Pinn?

True,and I'm going to follow suit. I tried to be active and lend a hand the last few days, but this board, well not the board, the type of members have changed. You state one thing they never heard of, and they jump all over you. On this board now, having status makes you a marked man for the know-it-all KNOW NOTHINGS.

Same boring out dated sh*t still being passed around from one parrot to the next. So in that sense, the board is identical to how it's been in the past. Someone posts new ideologies, they get stoned to death without even realizing it's better than the BS passed around.

Maybe, just maybe all these so called experts should spend time in the diet/training forums. We as BBers know that's key to success. Drugs are viewed as a supplement to a great nutritional and training program. But WTF do we know?...lol..

Quote Originally Posted by PT View Post
    the the best info is the safest.
    NO. The best info is explaining in detail how a protocol is executed correctly. Any parrot can say "Just run slin PWO". Just goes to show their lack of knowledge, experienced and open mindedness towards newer ideas.

PT
    PT is offline DUNAMIS ~ AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    ok pinn your right as usual. im done here because i cant deal with this bull shit tonite from someone like you
    source checks- 200 posts and 6 month membership min. entirely within my discretion
    PT is a fictional character and all posts are for entertainment purposes only.

Quote Originally Posted by PT View Post
    ok pinn your right as usual. im done here because i cant deal with this bull shit tonite from someone like you
    The point is, like Nark stated, there are many ways to skin a cat.
    So no one is right or wrong. It's what the individual finds works best for him. It's called educated experimentation.

Your in your element when addressing newbies, but a few guys show up that actually know what the deal is, more than you do, and you run away.

Blog Entries
    Your in your element when addressing newbies, but a few guys show up that actually know what the deal is, more than you do, and you run away.

The thread originator has been using insulin for 10 weeks (if the wording of his post is to believed) successfully, administering slin pwo... 4 days per week.

reference:

40 pwo applications

Clearly if his protocol has been in use (minus safety issues) for 10+ weeks... AND is effective... it is blatant brotelligence to suggest he change it.

Clearly the guy has been safe and dedicated in his use... because 10 weeks later he's alive and kicking.

pwo-only slin application is as dated as bill cosby's jokes.

-CNS

Blog Entries
    Same boring out dated sh*t still being passed around from one parrot to the next. So in that sense, the board is identical to how it's been in the past. Someone posts new ideologies, they get stoned to death without even realizing it's better than the BS passed around.
    Understatement.

Maybe, just maybe all these so called experts should spend time in the diet/training forums. We as BBers know that's key to success. Drugs are viewed as a supplement to a great nutritional and training program. But WTF do we know?...lol..
    Agreed...

-CNS

Thread Information