Thread: t4 - how long??

TODouble2 is offline Associate Member

t4 - how long??

i've been running t4 for about 30 days at 100mcg/day. should i run the t4 throughout the entire duration of my hgh cycle or do i need time on - time off??? i find so much information about the dosage of t4 but this question is never answer anywhere i look. thanks

Muselz is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TODouble2 View Post
    i've been running t4 for about 30 days at 100mcg/day. should i run the t4 throughout the entire duration of my hgh cycle or do i need time on - time off??? i find so much information about the dosage of t4 but this question is never answer anywhere i look. thanks
    I hear it is ok to run T4 year round without cycling.

tehpish is offline Junior Member
    I heard you have to cycle off t3 and t4 !?!?!? 3 weeks on 3 weeks off ??? ( goes to do more research)

TODouble2 is offline Associate Member
    i appeciate the responses but you've both "heard" opposite things.

anyone have some solid info on this????

Gear is offline HGH/IGF/Insulin Forum ~ AR-Hall of Famer
    There is no right or wrong way about it because you are not supposed to be taking it in the first place. I would usually take it throughout the whole cycle, but that doesn't mean that's a safe way of cycling T4, it's just what works for me.

-Gear

from the reading i have done , taking it for an extended period of time can result in your thyroid gland bumming out and not working at all. Then you will NEED to take t4 / or t3 the rest of your life.

HomesliceYEA is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tehpish View Post
    from the reading i have done , taking it for an extended period of time can result in your thyroid gland bumming out and not working at all. Then you will NEED to take t4 / or t3 the rest of your life.
    I don't know where you read that, but it doesn't happen often at all. We take AAS, GH, etc and all of the associated glands recover function 99% of the time. Even people doing 1-2 year long cycles of AAS generally recover just fine.

Cytomel is a very strong and highly effective thyroid hormone. It is extremely important that one begins with a low dosage, increasing it slowly and evenly over the course of several days. Most athletes begin by taking one 25-mcg tablet per day and increasing this dosage every three to four days by one additional tablet. A dose higher than 100-mcg/ day is not necessary and not advisable. It is not recommended that the daily dose be taken all at once but broken down into three smaller individual doses so that they become more effective. It is also important that Cytomel not be taken for more than six weeks. At least two months of abstinence from the drug needs to follow. Those who take high dosages of Cytomel over a long period of time are at risk of developing a chronic thyroid insufficiency. As a consequence, the athlete might be forced to take thyroid medication for the rest of his life. It is also important that the dosage is reduced slowly and evenly by taking fewer tablets and not be ended abruptly. Those who plan to take Cytomel should first consult a physician in order to be sure that no thyroid hyperfunction exists.

thats the info i got on t3 , I would take what ever the advice is from the guys on the forum over that though. They have been there, done that.

Thread Information