m3ssias is offline Junior Member

Insulin Taper up every week of cycle???

hey guys!!!!
    Im trainning 5 days per week(monday to friday)
    If i would be on a 4 week insulin cycle,could it be safer to taper up from Monday to Friday(from 5iu to 10iu),then weekend off.....and taper up every each week for the 4 weeks????

Or is it better to taper up Only the first week and then continue with a standard dose(weekends off)???

As im eating a lot of carbs and planned my meals very good,i m not afraid of falling into coma or hypo;this which i m afraid of is to become a life long diabetic!!!!and thats why i thing about tapering all these 4 weeks......

Flex-Appeal is offline Senior Member
    Taper up with a dose your body is comfortable with. You can't always go by the "directions" if you know what I mean. You may feel very strong effects with a dose lower than 10iu at max. Be careful, your body is your best doctor, it will let you know.

m3ssias is offline Junior Member
    yes,but i wonder:after 2 days off slin,is it safe to return monday with an 10iu dose??or i should taper up again...?

PT
    PT is offline DUNAMIS ~ AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    yes it is. the idea is to know how you will feel at each dose and since you will already know how you feel at that dose you took on friday you'll be safe upping the dose monday
    source checks- 200 posts and 6 month membership min. entirely within my discretion
    PT is a fictional character and all posts are for entertainment purposes only.

Flex-Appeal is offline Senior Member
    I concur ^

Thread Information