Charger527 is offline Senior Member

IGF-1/IGF-1 LR3 Vs HGH

Which is better i have read a few posts lately saying that IGF-1 is a waste of money, and not only that IGF-1 LR3 is not as good as regular IGF-1. Now im am a bit cofused by this, my reason is that dont we take HGH for its ability to cause more IGF-1?

First what is HGH??
    Growth hormone (GH) is a peptide hormone. It stimulates growth and cell reproduction in humans and other animals. It is a 191-amino acid, single chain polypeptide hormone which is synthesized, stored, and secreted by the somatotroph cells within the lateral wings of the anterior pituitary gland.

What does HGH it do??
    It works in two main mechanisms,

1. Because polypeptide hormones are not fat soluble, they cannot penetrate sarcolemma. Thus GH exerts some of its effects by binding to receptors on target cells, where it activates a secondary messenger. Through this mechanism GH directly stimulates division and multiplication of chondrocytes of cartilage.

2. GH also stimulates production of insulin -like growth factor 1, a hormone homologous to proinsulin. The liver is a major target organ of GH for this process, and is the principal site of IGF-1 production. IGF-1 has growth-stimulating effects on a wide variety of tissues. Additional IGF-1 is generated within target tissues, making it apparently both an endocrine and an autocrine/paracrine hormone.

Number 2. is what interests me, its this factor which stimulates muscle growth to my understanding

Now what is IGF-1??

Insulin-like growth factor 1 (IGF-1), is a polypeptide protein hormone similar in molecular structure to insulin. It plays an important role in childhood growth and continues to have anabolic effects in adults.

What does IGF-1 do??

Its primary action is mediated by binding to specific IGF receptors present on many cell types in many tissues. The signal is transduced by intracellular events. IGF-1 is one of the most potent natural activators of the AKT signaling pathway, a stimulator of cell growth and multiplication and a potent inhibitor of programmed cell death.

Almost every cell in the human body is affected by IGF-1, especially cells in muscle, cartilage, bone, liver, kidney, nerves, skin, and lungs. In addition to the insulin-like effects, IGF-1 can also regulate cell growth and development, especially in nerve cells, as well as cellular DNA synthesis.

Ok sounds pretty good to me but it also has fat burning abilities aswell, because IGF prevents insulin from transporting glucose across cell membranes. As a result the cells have to switch to burning off fat as a source of energy.

Now the best part in more detail.

Perhaps the most interesting and potent effect IGF has on the human body is its ability to cause hyperplasia, which is an actual splitting of cells. Hypertrophy is what occurs during weight training and steroid use , it is simply an increase in the size of muscle cells. See, after puberty you have a set number of muscle cells, and all you are able to do is increase the size of these muscle cells, you don't actually gain more. But, with IGF use you are able to cause this hyperplasia which actually increases the number of muscle cells present in the tissue, and through weight training and steroid usage you are able to mature these new cells, in other words make them grow and become stronger. So in a way IGF can actually change your genetic capabilities in terms of muscle tissue and cell count. IGF proliferates and differentiates the number of types of cells present. At a genetic level it has the potential to alter an individuals capacity to build superior muscle density and size.

So now the question?? Why are so many people paying off IGF-1? and more the question IGF-1 LR3? Which is cheaper, lasts longer and is more potent?

Whats the difference?

Insulin-like Growth Factor-I LR3 (IGF-I LR3) is an 83 amino acid analog of human IGF-I comprising the complete human IGF-I sequence with the substitution of an Arg for the Glu at position 3 (hence R³), and a 13 amino acid extension peptide at the N-terminus.

How is it better?

IGF-I LR3 has been developed specifically for supplementation of mammalian cell culture to support the survival and proliferation of cells. It is engineered to have a higher biological potency than native IGF-I or IGF-II and has several advantages over recombinant insulin, potency being among them. Published research has shown that supplementation of cell cultures with IGF-I LR3 at a much lower concentration results in equivalent or better productivity than supplementation with standard concentrations of insulin. IGF-I LR3 is better able to stimulate the Type I IGF receptor and thus induce a higher level of activation of intracellular signaling molecules which are responsible for promoting cell survival by inhibition of apoptosis. And the best part, its cheaper giving you more bang for your buck.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	133-500x400.jpg 
Views:	1407 
Size:	12.6 KB 
ID:	98723

So why is IGF-1 LR3 being overlooked for use in bodybuilding and injury recovery?

This is some of the information i have come up with, so feel free to start tearing as im only trying to learn more.

Bump for some opnions

hit_my_max is offline Junior Member
    I've been reading hundreds upon hundreds of posts and articles here and elsewhere about LR3 IGF-1, Charge, and I came out of it convinced that it produces decent results, albeit longer term, and at a high cost, which may be why most people here move away from it.

Most folks on gear look for immediate results. Both GH and LR3 IGF-1 are longer-term agents. That said there's seems to be consensus around their combined benefit, especially with T4 thrown into the mix.

I'm still confused about the following, though:

1. Is it REALLY that much better to inject LR3 IGF-1 PWO only, within 20 min of workout, only in the muscles worked? Or is that also a myth? If I were to, say, take 50 mcg ED sub-q 4 weeks on/4 weeks off, is that a good protocol or not recommended? Why is sub-q frowned upon here?

2. What is the best liquid to use in re-constituting a 1 mg vial to last at least a month in that vial on my fridge? BW, NaCl, or does it have to be AA?

Well i have heard using 80mcg ed split into two doses am and pm works well, thought this method is old (2003)

With the best liquid, go to the manufactors site for yours and they should have all the info there.

Nate_Dog is offline Member
    My take on IGF-1

This seems interesting.. have a read.

Anyone else recommend good reading?

Quote Originally Posted by Nate_Dog View Post
    My take on IGF-1

This seems interesting.. have a read.

Anyone else recommend good reading?
    Good post, very good read.

Thread Information