sniknuh is offline New Member

Fluid Retention from HGH

Hey Guys,

I just started a GH Cycle using 4 iu's of pharmacy grade Omnitrope per day with no anabolic help. I weighed in at 260 on my first day and now, about 10 days later I am at 268. My diet has been good and I am doing cardio every day. I feel like my muscles have gotten more pumped and I actually look a little leaner than when I started, so I'm thinking that the 8 pounds is mostly fluid retention since I am also a little swolen in my hands. What do you suggest I do or take to alleviate? I want to lose weight from this cycle not gain!

excel is offline New Member
    You should have started at a lower dosage to let your body adapt to the substance. Work your way up from 1 iu slowly to 4 iu.

j4ever41 is offline Senior Member
    well i would have started at 2iu for the first couple of weeks then bump 1iu per week until you hit your 4,you can drop to 2iu now then ramp back up.

Besides lowering the iu's, does anyone have any suggestions on what I can take or do to lose some of the water weight??

if you are worried about lowering the dose is going to slow your progress it will not,you will be on gh for long term anyway,but if you want to stay at 4iu and not lower the dose the water retention you are having right now will dissipate but it might take a week or 2.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    260 lbs and you can see a difference?
    OK how about posting some pics or share you diet? What is your body fat? I'm guessing you are WAY over weight since you are new here and looking for a quick fix. You're weight is going to fluctuate, that's life especially when you diet sucks and since you are 260+ lbs I'm guessing it does.
    Dont waste you time/money with HGH yet. Read the diet section for a while, apply it for a year or so, get into the gym on a regular bases then think about the HGH.

Slide is offline Associate Member
    ^^^x2 at that weight it would be hard to see a difference of 10 lbs. you will lose weight so much faster with diet then you will with any drug

I am 44 years old and have been working out seriously since I was a teenager. I am still very strong (315 lb x 8 rep benchpress for example). I will post a pic later today. I am 6'4" with current bodyfat of around 15%. I have a very large frame (48" chest and wide shoulders) and definitely do not look fat or have a gut nor love handles. My diet is pretty clean, but not BB strict. Mostly chicken/fish/veggies, no junk food, 6 meals a day. There is no doubt that I already look leaner (mostly in my bi's and tri's), yet, I jumped up 10 pounds on the scale. I don't look to puffy or have any real bloating or swelling, yet I can't believe that I gained either 10 pounds of muscle (impossible) or 10 pounds of fat (not likely). Therefore, I assume I am just retaining water all over. Some other posters have mentioned that early water retention goes away on its own after a few weeks, however, do you guys believe that it will go away on its own or should I take a diuretic of some type?

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Well I guess the additional information helps a little. Since you have FEW post and your post was very limited on information it was assumed you are just another newbie looking for a quick fix like 99% of them.

I'm sure you can take a diuretic and it might help but I never really had any water gain to think of but everyone is different. A little water gain once in a while is not a big deal, you dont ALWAYS want to be to lean, it's not healthy to never have any body fat or water. Remember, you are make up of like 80% water. lol and summer is not here yet. You should be good for summer sounds like.

as already mentioned above, your water retention from the gh will go away just give it a little while.

Thread Information