HeavyHitter is offline Anabolic Member

Doctor Question: Tendon injury

Just to give you guys and update...

Ive just had my 2nd surgery from a torn pec tendon in my chest. Yes, both sides!! I just spent the last year trying to heal my first injury and now I have to start all over again. I had my 2nd surgery 1.5 months ago.

My question, would I be able to ask a doctor to perscribe growth, or IGF-1 for my healing process. From the research Ive done, this and maybe some deca are the best for healing tendons. But i would like to get it legally and doctor supervised!!

Does anyone know if this is possible and/or how i can do this??? I asked my ortho doc who did the surgery and he said he doesnt know much about that stuff...

any help would be appreciated.... thanks fellas

HH

While it is true enough that your healing could be speeded up a bit with the items you have mentioned, the problem is that they are NOT approved by the FDA for those purposes, so any legit doctor isn't going to prescribe them for that type of injury.

If your natural hormone levels indicated GHD or TRT or the like, then the doc would be able to restore proper levels as part of a treatment plan. Sports docs through the years have gotten slapped pretty hard for growth and steroid application with pro level athletes, even though it really does get them back on the field in the shortest amount of time. Until the general tide turns and the folks making the laws accept this as a reasonable course of action for athletes, the doctor's hands are pretty tied, and there are very few that are forward thinking enough to entertain a protocol like this, and even fewer will be willing to stick their neck out on the line for the purpose of accelerated recovery.

Best of luck with your recovery.

Thread Information