TRYER is offline Associate Member

Getting air out needles

When loading slin pin and if there is air in it can i flick the barrell to get the air to the top or will this disturb the gh making ity inactive ?

redz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I doubt it would be inactive but you just need to be careful while injecting, air into a vein could potentially be fatal.

it takes at least 5ml of air cause palpitations i think a small amount of air wont make a difference

peteroy01 is offline Senior Member
    then inject the air

no bud as i need to seperate the vial into 2 and need to make them both equal if there is air in it i cant get the loading equal so need to get the air out to measure them correctly

i would think the small amount of air should be insignificant enough to matter.
    Last edited by peteroy01; 08-31-2009 at 02:47 PM.

can you tell me how to load without getting air into barrell also how do i get the air out if i do please as i dont want to make the gh inactive
    cheers peteroy

did you say in another thread that you have GH pins that you can change out(could have bad seals? if so get the fixed ones. other than that, equalize the pressure in the bottle, put in as much air as fluid you will take out and draw SLOWLY.

JimInAK is offline Member
    i have been told that a small amount of air is insignificant. however, i try to make my shot as clean and air-free as possible.

what i do is draw 3 to 5 units into my 50 unit pin. i keep the pin attached to the vial, which is held upside down and i push the 3 to 5 units back into the vial. you will see a small stream of air exit the pin and enter the vial. from my point of view, that's a small stream of air that i didn't put into my body. then i draw 20 units of HGH solution into the syringe and then i remove the pin from the vial, ready for the injection. (20 units of solution = 2 units of HGH, due to the way i mix it)

sometimes there is a small amount of air in the barrel. if it is very small, generally it's futile to try to remove it. however, the procedure that i use seems to be very effective at removing air and i have never had any problem with my sub-q injections. i have been taking two injections per day, most days for over a year now.

i always use a new needle and i always use an alcohol wipe to clean my skin before an injection.

ps - i did have an irritation issue with my shot, when i used HGH from a different source. i solved that problem by warming the shot up, by putting the barrel of the syringe under the faucet with a small stream of warm (not hot) water. i generally take two shot at the same time (one insulin shot), so i'll hold both syringes between my fingers and warm both up, since i'm there warming the HGH anyway.

my refrigerator is very cold (34F) if i let it got too warm on the bottom, the freezer on the top is not cold enough. so maybe if my refrigerator wasn't so cold, i wouldn't need to warm up my shot ?!?

i can tell when my shot is warm enough, because a very small droplet will form at the tip of the pin. only gasses (air) expands or contracts due to temperature changes, so that proves that i didn't get all the air out, but that's probably more information than anyone really needs to know... LOL

higherdesire is offline Banned
    Do not shoot air through the liquid in your gh bottle. Inject the air witht the bottle right side up then turn it over and the liquid can cover the tip so that you can draw it out safely. Just clarifying that.

ScotchGuard is offline Senior Member
    I've been on HGH for six months and I inject a little air all the time. I've gotten a little lax as time has gone on. I reconstitute a vial of HGH with 1ml of water, so I think. When I pull .25ml per syringe my first 3 is fine but the last one could be .2ml or .3ml depending on the day. I figure guys are going 5/2 or 6/1 and still be "on cycle" then 0.05ml extra/less in a syringe can't be too bad. Our bodies are analog systems it is pretty good at evening stuff out like that. Depending on what time of day you pin your total cumulative GH level will probably vary so I wouldn't worry about getting everything EXACT. Oh, a little flick of the syringe to get the air out won't do anything. You're fine.
    Last edited by ScotchGuard; 09-03-2009 at 06:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JimInAK View Post
    ps - i did have an irritation issue with my shot, when i used HGH from a different source. i solved that problem by warming the shot up, by putting the barrel of the syringe under the faucet with a small stream of warm (not hot) water. i generally take two shot at the same time (one insulin shot), so i'll hold both syringes between my fingers and warm both up, since i'm there warming the HGH anyway.

my refrigerator is very cold (34F) if i let it got too warm on the bottom, the freezer on the top is not cold enough. so maybe if my refrigerator wasn't so cold, i wouldn't need to warm up my shot ?!?

i can tell when my shot is warm enough, because a very small droplet will form at the tip of the pin. only gasses (air) expands or contracts due to temperature changes, so that proves that i didn't get all the air out, but that's probably more information than anyone really needs to know... LOL
    i thought the gh had to stay cold and going above a certain temperature would make the formula inactive

when the hgh is injected, it will rapidly increase in temperature to 98F (body temperature). all i am doing is helping it go that direction, absolutely not heating it up beyond about 60F or 70F, imo. as i said, i am running it "with a small stream of warm (not hot) water".

as far as the statement regarding my procedure to inject a bit of air through the solution in the vial to get out the last of the air in the syringe... for me, i'd rather release that air into th bottle than into my body. the amount of air is very insignificant, but cannot be good for my body. i sincerely doubt that it damages the HGH in the vial, as the stream released from the needle is tiny. my IGF-1 tests demonstrate to me that my HGH is working, so i believe that my procedure is valid and correct.

higherdesire is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JimInAK View Post
    when the hgh is injected, it will rapidly increase in temperature to 98F (body temperature). all i am doing is helping it go that direction, absolutely not heating it up beyond about 60F or 70F, imo. as i said, i am running it "with a small stream of warm (not hot) water".

as far as the statement regarding my procedure to inject a bit of air through the solution in the vial to get out the last of the air in the syringe... for me, i'd rather release that air into th bottle than into my body. the amount of air is very insignificant, but cannot be good for my body. i sincerely doubt that it damages the HGH in the vial, as the stream released from the needle is tiny. my IGF-1 tests demonstrate to me that my HGH is working, so i believe that my procedure is valid and correct.

I will post a link but the disturbance of the hgh when the air is blown through it can damage the bonds in the solution and destroy it. It isn't worth doing especially if you aren't using a full bottle a day or EOD.

petethemanc is offline Banned
    You CAN flick the syringe to get the air out of the barrel no problems. This will not ruin the gh in anyway trust me. Ive been shooting aas and hgh for 6 years now and not once have i messed my gh doing this.

Cheers guys!

Thread Information