Dado5 is offline Associate Member

Insulin question..

I started slin (Novolin R) yesterday at 2 ius and followed carb/sugar /protein intake protocol and felt great.
    Now I know best time to take slin is right after workout but that will be the problem for me as I usually finish working out about 10PM or later and I am kind a afraid to take it that late then go to bed as In a week im going to raise it to 5 ius
    I was wondering if I could take it on the morning or mid day and if that will have any effects, or does it have to be right after workouts?
    Any suggestions?
    Thanks

thai-lan is offline Member
    i think novolin takes long time to peak.. so i dont think its good idea to do slin shots after 10pm, try to get your hands on humalog....

i think you should pin it on postwork out for a while until you know how you react to it , then you could start injecting it few times a day...

Dado5 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by thai-lan View Post
    i think novolin takes long time to peak.. so i dont think its good idea to do slin shots after 10pm, try to get your hands on humalog....

i think you should pin it on postwork out for a while until you know how you react to it , then you could start injecting it few times a day...
    I tried to get humalog but no luck.. So pharm where i got it said Novolin R is same as Humulin R short acting. acts after 30 min, peak 2 h and stays in 5 to 6 h.
    Ill pin in mid day this week and see how i react to it. If everythign goes fine ill pin after workouts.

thai-lan is offline Member
    i dont know alot about slin at the moment but from what ive read but IMO you shouldnt shoot it twice a day at the moment..

Klimax is offline Member
    Try before breakfast. It's better injecting slin, when glycogen levels are low in order not to store too much fat.

Thread Information