Tarheel is offline Associate Member

slin and carb/protein timing

Hey fellas, considering that I finish my workout and within 5 minutes pin 5 IU of humalog, would a shake that has 45 grams of whey/casienate protein, 32 grams of medium glycemic CHO"s, & 5 grams of unsaturated fats: along with 16 oz 100% grape juice and 3 g of creatine monohydrate, 4 g of glutamine and 250mg of alpha lipoic acid be a good enough postworkout nutritional drink? 15 to 20 mins later, I would drink the other 8oz. of grapejuice. This is my first time, and have studied up so am I missing anything besides 50 mins of high intensity back and shoulder workout....fellas?

Tarheel is offline Associate Member
    have I done my research in your opinion? I just wanted to get some feedback before I actually started it!

InsaneInTheMembrane is offline Anabolic Member
    Blog Entries
    rule of thumb is too start off with 10g per iu of slin and eventually taper down to see the optimal dose that doesn't equal fat gain, like around 4-6g / iu depending on your body. Theres a sticky out there... just do a search.

When I was doing 7 ius PWO, I usually took a shake with 45g (6g/iu)of dextrose within 5 minutes of the shot and ate a whole meal with slow carbs 1 hr later.... there really is no need to wait 15 mins for it to "kick in" before taking quick carbs... If you are using humalog 100 (rapid acting)... it will stay active for 4 hours so make sure you dont take it within 4 hrs of going to bed. I notice people who stick vigorously to the 10g/iu rule over do it sometimes and end up gaining more fat that necessary

alpmaster is offline Member
    I'd stick with dextrose as the pwo carb source.

Thread Information