GUP
    GUP is offline Junior Member

Not getting fat on slin

hi, i have used slin in the past with good results many years ago, but i did gain fat , i have re introduced slin into my routine now as i have started gh.i only use humalog pw 10iu 5 times a week

my question is what are the common mistakes people make that make them get fat ?

i train first thing in the morning so there is no fats in my system this is my routine :

5.00 - 6.00 am 30g waxy maise intra workout train
    6.00am 10iu subq humalog
    6.05am - 70g- 75g glucose 10g creatine 10g glutamine
    6.20am - 65g whey iso
    7.00am - 50g oats with some raisins (about 60g carbs ) and another whey shake 65g
    10.00am - protien carbs fats meal

and thats that around the active life of the humalog, i consume no fat for 4 hours after shot and at least 3 hours before if i train at any other time of day. i have found that 7-7.5g of carbs per iu is fine for me to keep hypo at bay.

dinko is offline Associate Member
    you must be careful with the amount of carbs you eat one hour after getting insu (humalog active time is 1 hour). i had very strict diet when I was on insu.

GUP
    i am very strict whilst slin is active rest of the day i dont eat alot of carbs all my carbs centred around my workouts intra and post, the rest of the day i have fats and protein.

i forgot that i weigh 225 lbs at 12 percent bodyfat , many aas cycles (10 years worth) and 2 runs of slin in the past.

RippedtoHell is offline New Member
    the insulin as we know is just going to shuttle everything into your cells, I think its comes down to knowing how much calories your body needs and of couse any extra is stored as fat. Regardless of when you time your carbs or fat. So to answer your question, I would play with it, everyone responds differently to insulin depending on their resistance and genetics..

GUP
    Thanks,been playing and so far I am fine on 7g per iu pw.I don't have fat till after 4 hours .although I feel puffy I don't feel I have put on much fat so far.will keep playing with it and see how it goes.thanks for your input

GOONBAH is offline Associate Member
    just avoid fats 2 hours prior to and 4 hours after administering the slin

u only have to avoid fats for 3 hours post slin if u administer IM

GUP
    been considering going im but been nervous , will give it a try today and see how it goes, i always have my shake 2 to 5 min after shot, i trust this will be in order im as well ? i know it hits much quicker , usually subq takes 15-20min with humalog for me and i feel it coming.

GOONBAH is offline Associate Member
    man dont be... i hate to sound "rash" but i find the slin warnings WAY over the top...

i did slin... 15iu, IM this morning... all good... i could feel it... but nothing to worry bout

had my shake of waxy and aminos bout 15 mins after shot... but i did have carbs in the meal prior...

if ur smart... and well read, there is nothing to worry about.

if ur a douche, u could (however very unlikely) end up dead!

GUP
    Thanks,tried 10iu intra yesterday ,well I hope intra lol did quad shot.going to do 12iu today and have adjusted carbs accordingly.I have pretty much all my carbs around my training .

What is the benefit of twice a day ?lately been training at lunchtime instead of 5am,and have considered a second shot first thing in the morning.my diet is heavily concentrated around fats so have been hesitant to lose so many meals a day without fats ?

Thread Information