Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    frawnz is offline Knowledgeable Member

Testing HGH authenticity with high dosage

I just started my HGH cycle last week. This is my first time being on HGH so I have no real basis for evaluating how reliable my source is. I started off with a relatively small order so that I wasn't out a lot of money if it was bunk HGH.

I realize that it can take months to experience both the benefits and potential side effects of HGH, but I was wondering if a one time high dosage (10 IU) of HGH would definitely result in side effects (allowing me to determing if it's good or bad)?

Has anyone experimented with this? Are there risks from going from 3-4UI a day to a sudden jump to 10IU for a day? Is 10IU too much/little? Would this even work?

I'd like to validate my HGH as quickly as possible, because if it's not HGH, I don't want to keep injecting it into my body and either move on if it's bunk, or buy the rest of the HGH I'm going to need to complete my 6 month cycle.

BJJ
    BJJ is offline Sapiens Fingit Fortunam Sibi
    Why you want to complicate your life?
    Just wait a couple of weeks and then go for a BW to check your somatropin level.
    It is that easy.

Also, check your FT3 to have a cross check and in order to know if it is getting lower already (in case ever will).

Well, blood tests aren't cheap. The one I got prior to starting HGH was like 250 bucks. A 10IU vial of HGH is a fraction of that. If I wait a couple weeks (and then wait for my blood work results to come back), I'm looking at about a month from now knowing whether my HGH is legit or not.

A blood test may be necessary, but I'd rather do an increased dosage for a day if that would be a good way of determining if it's real or not.

firsttimer555 is offline Associate Member
    Blog Entries
    can you do a pregnacy test on the HGH or is that BS

There's some information floating around that you can use a pregnancy test to determine if your HGH is actually HCG (which has sometimes been used in fake HGH). However, from the research I've seen, pregnancy tests are not sensitive enough to detect such a minute amount of HCG. With the cost of HGH having come down a lot due to so many Chinese manufacturers now, it's not cost efficient to fake HGH with HCG any more anyhow.

Even if it did work, it will only tell you if your HGH is HCG. If it's not HCG, it could still be something else.

ScotchGuard is offline Senior Member
    I did a 10iu test. My face bloated up and I couldn't bend my hand. My fingers looked like sausages. Do it for a couple of days you should feel the POWER. LOL

Did you take the 10IU in one injection? And for how many days until you noticed the sides?

ScotchGuard is offline Senior Member
    Yes, I did it in one injection. I wanted the maximum sides possible. I felt it after 2 or 3 days.

Thanks, that's exactly the kind of information I was looking for.

GUP
    GUP is offline Junior Member
    then again, i have read that some fakes actually have fillers in them that can mimic side effects like bloat and the hands issue , how true i dont know?

I guess it's a possibility, but if I don't receive any sides then I can be pretty sure what I have isn't HGH. I did my first 10IU injection this morning, so we'll see.

JimInAK is offline Member
    I have my IGF-1 level checked by a testing company that sends me a kit by mail, which I return to them through UPS. My test is less than $90.

There are several reasonable testing companies and then you know for sure. The one I have used is called ZRT, although others here have referred me to a nationwide group of testing labs and if I go to Anchorage (I live in Alaska), I can get a test done there for less than $100, also.

How long is the turn around time on these mail in kits? And how do you draw blood from yourself?

The test kits from ZRT that I have used were blood spot kits. They sent a clean plastic container and a sterile sheet to deposit blood spots on using their finger pricker...

I think it took about one week to get back the result, from the time I put my kit in the UPS box. They will mail you your results, plus post them online for you (and give you a password to get the results online). It'll take several days to receive your kit from them, too... when I did business with them I ordered three IGF-1 test kits and sent them back over a one month period.

Well, I'm on day 3 at 10IUs and I'm still not feeling any side effects, so I think it's safe to say that I've got bunk HGH.

Test247 is offline Associate Member
    I took 10ius of my generic blue tops and didnt notice anything at all from it.... FYI

Did you keep taking it and see any results? Kind of hard to believe that going from 3-4IU a day to 10IU is not going to result in any change/sides at all.

russiandave is offline Associate Member
    This is a prime example as to why you need to really trust your source.

Just wait it out bro. I immediately started with 5iu Ed of hgh almost four months ago. I would feel sides from time to time at first. Mostly sweating as I slept. It wasn't u til last month that I really started to get my one major side effect. And that is finger numbness.

Everyone is different broseph and I'm new to all of this but if you have a good source you just need to be patient.

jwood00 is offline New Member
    Blog Entries
    WI have a bottle of 25 iu hgh blue top
    And a bottle of 10 iu gh yellow top
    There is twice the amount of powder in the yellow
    is this right

DanB is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jwood00 View Post
    WI have a bottle of 25 iu hgh blue top
    And a bottle of 10 iu gh yellow top
    There is twice the amount of powder in the yellow
    is this right
    no not usually

it is likely that neither is even HGH

Rwy
    Rwy is offline Productive Member
    I am done with Generics. It really is too much of a head ache. My source can be flakey and while all of my gear is legit I always wonder if my gh is.

I bought some generics that my buddies cousin was using and " was having great results" I threw in my bw and I could not even draw it into the slin pin. I talked to the kid who was having great results and proceded to tell me he lost 27 pounds in one month and I just knew this kid was a ****ing newb so i tossed it

I have done pharma before by itself so its hard for me to gauge to the quality of my generics since using test and var but I expect I would have much better results with pharma. Money isnt an issue so I am going to pull the plug on gh until I can find a pharma grade source

Marshall is offline New Member
    You still about JimInAK?

Juced_porkchop is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by frawnz View Post
    There's some information floating around that you can use a pregnancy test to determine if your HGH is actually HCG (which has sometimes been used in fake HGH). However, from the research I've seen, pregnancy tests are not sensitive enough to detect such a minute amount of HCG. With the cost of HGH having come down a lot due to so many Chinese manufacturers now, it's not cost efficient to fake HGH with HCG any more anyhow.

Even if it did work, it will only tell you if your HGH is HCG. If it's not HCG, it could still be something else.
    also some just put in igf1... so make sure they are not only testing igf1 levels...

likelifting is offline Senior Member
    I've never reconstituted igf1. Does it take a while to disolve? Some of the peps I've recon'd instantly disolve. My hgh takes a while for it to fully disolve in the water.

What's the best method to test and see if it's legit HGH?

swithuk is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by russiandave View Post
    This is a prime example as to why you need to really trust your source.

Just wait it out bro. I immediately started with 5iu Ed of hgh almost four months ago. I would feel sides from time to time at first. Mostly sweating as I slept. It wasn't u til last month that I really started to get my one major side effect. And that is finger numbness.

Everyone is different broseph and I'm new to all of this but if you have a good source you just need to be patient.
    good point . i echo what your saying . what g.h are you running ?

swithuk is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by frawnz View Post
    Well, I'm on day 3 at 10IUs and I'm still not feeling any side effects, so I think it's safe to say that I've got bunk HGH.
    what g.h are you running mate ?

stll about...

Quote Originally Posted by Marshall View Post
    You still about JimInAK?
    Here's my experience...

Take a blood test measuring IGF-1. That gives you your base level. When I did mine it was about 150ng/ml. Average for an old fart.
    Start taking your HGH. When I did mine, I started with 2iu, twice a day. After three full days of taking that dose, I took another IGF-1 blood test. My second test was up a little over 15% (around 175-180 ng/ml). It was nice to see that it was going the right direction.
    Take your third test about thirty days after the first test. You should have an increase in your IGF-1 level by 80-100+ng/ml for every unit of HGH taken per day. So at 30 days, for my dose, I would expect to test at about 450-550 ng/ml.

You can send off for these kits from several different labs (although you should have all the tests done at the same one, so you don't have to worry about different numbers due to different testing processes). You can do the tests yourself, send them back UPS and get the test kits for a little less than $100 per test kit for an IGF-1 blood test.

Testing your IGF-1 level is an established medical procedure used to determine your HGH production, as natural HGH production raises your IGF-1. Natural (or supplemental) HGH production occurs in peaks, whereas IGF-1 increases resulting from HGH production occur slowly.

I hope this info is helpful...

That's perfect Jim. Are there any of these testing labs in UK do you know? Or if not, can you get me the contact details for one over there? Thanks

Far from massive is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I know very little but its my understanding that they ( the people making bunk HGH in mass ) have long ago found out how to fool the tests with peptides etc. From what I have heard the results of the bloodwork will often be much higher than they would be from legit HGH, but thats not always the case so again bloodwork is pretty much pointless.

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    blood test can be tricked with igf or peptides. Both are cheaper and easier to produce then gh.
    If you didnt buy a real pharmaceutical company hgh, then you dont have gh. There isnt legit ugl gh
    If people can't tell your on steroids then your doing them wrong

Are Kigtropin ugl?

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    Quote Originally Posted by likelifting View Post
    Are Kigtropin ugl?
    yes. kigs are garbage, been proved many times
    If people can't tell your on steroids then your doing them wrong

Thanks.

largerthannormal is offline Productive Member
    I would suspect you can tell if GH is real in 1 shot followed by follow up tests, from my understanding pin 10iu 2-3 hours after pinning go get GH -serum test done to make sure it is not just IGF-1 as these will be peaked at this time, you should be well over range. ( as gixxer says IGF levels can be flawed by simply having IGF-1) which is true, heres what id do next to rule out its not just IGF or another cheap peptide. I wuold continue to pin for 3 wees or so after this I would get IGF levels tested as they should now remain elevated. correct me if i am wrong? but two test should be by far cheaper than what you dropped on gear
    Last edited by largerthannormal; 12-14-2012 at 08:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JimInAK View Post
    Here's my experience...

Take a blood test measuring IGF-1. That gives you your base level. When I did mine it was about 150ng/ml. Average for an old fart.
    Start taking your HGH. When I did mine, I started with 2iu, twice a day. After three full days of taking that dose, I took another IGF-1 blood test. My second test was up a little over 15% (around 175-180 ng/ml). It was nice to see that it was going the right direction.
    Take your third test about thirty days after the first test. You should have an increase in your IGF-1 level by 80-100+ng/ml for every unit of HGH taken per day. So at 30 days, for my dose, I would expect to test at about 450-550 ng/ml.

You can send off for these kits from several different labs (although you should have all the tests done at the same one, so you don't have to worry about different numbers due to different testing processes). You can do the tests yourself, send them back UPS and get the test kits for a little less than $100 per test kit for an IGF-1 blood test.

Testing your IGF-1 level is an established medical procedure used to determine your HGH production, as natural HGH production raises your IGF-1. Natural (or supplemental) HGH production occurs in peaks, whereas IGF-1 increases resulting from HGH production occur slowly.

I hope this info is helpful...
    theres still ways around that theory for a mfg of bunk gear. Also IGF levels peak after injection no need to run so many tests.. in order to complete the test you would later need a IGF test......
    Last edited by largerthannormal; 12-14-2012 at 08:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by largerthannormal View Post
    I would suspect you can tell if GH is real in 1 shot, from my understanding pin 10iu 2-3 hours after pinning go get a IGF-1 test done as these will be peaked at this time, you should be well over range. ( as gixxer says IGF levels can be faked) which is true, heres what id do next to rule out its not just IGF or another cheap peptide. Since we can not test GH serum levels on an inital injection as GH is not bioactive after this point ( unless done before it becomes unactive) I wuold continue to pin for 3 wees or so after this I would get GH serum levels tests. correct me if i am wrong? but two test should be by far cheaper than what you dropped on gear
    It would be cheaper. I'm good through the end of January till I need to buy more. I have some time.

What about taking some to an independent lab and have them analyze it?

Quote Originally Posted by Marshall View Post
    That's perfect Jim. Are there any of these testing labs in UK do you know? Or if not, can you get me the contact details for one over there? Thanks
    I had my tests done by ZRT Lab. There are many others and some that are affiliated with labs that will take the sample at their office, if there is one near you. You should easily find a lab through a Google search.

As far as the other comments that an IGF-1 test is irrelevant, that Chinese HGH is substituted with "cheap" peptides... if that's correct, then there's no scientific way that's feasible to tell if you have genuine product. I believe that's a theory and based more on belief than fact, but I can't come to a factual conclusion to confirm that's right or wrong due to lack of specific information.

I can't prove either side, although it would be interesting to see how much IGF-1 peptide will raise your IGF-1 blood level, ie does "real" HGH cause your pituitary gland to produce more IGF-1 than a direct subq shot of IGF-1 (or any other mystery Chinese substance). I've never taken IGF-1, so I can't say.

This is a tired old argument for me. The best argument/position I've heard is to take "real" pharm grade and see if you can personally tell the difference. Getting "real" pharm grade is problematic in as much as it's difficult to get a script and/or very expensive. I want to do what I can to maintain a healthy lifestyle, which allows me to be physically active and competitive with younger men. I have been satisfied with most Chinese HGH I have taken.

If a doctor suspects that a person does not produce HGH, then they order an IGF-1 test. If that patient has a low IGF-1 reading, then the doctor may prescribe HGH. My IGF-1 level cruises above 300ng/ml when I do 2iu/day or below 150ng/ml if I do not. I currently cannot pay over to $1000/month to get the "real" "certified" pharm product. If you buy it for less, then you are likely buying from a middle man (not through a doctor with a script) and while you may be convinced it's real, you are forced to trust your supplier. There are may fake kits of pharm products of every kind floating around.

For me, the benefit has been satisfactory. I took HGH for a couple of years straight and have been off HGH now for about 4 months. My maintenance dose had been 2iu/day and my reasons for taking HGH is likely different from many here. I will likely start my HGH use back up, and while I'd like to be assured that my HGH is "real", that isn't a realistic alternative for me. My choice is to take what I can get or not, and test with an IGF-1 blood test. That's all I've got.

There is an "HGH" blood test, but I've never taken one. This maybe a better test, particularly if it is timed properly. I don't know if that would be right after an HGH injection, or an hour later, or ??? If so one has information on this, that might be more relevant and helpful....

Quote Originally Posted by JimInAK View Post
    There is an "HGH" blood test, but I've never taken one. This maybe a better test, particularly if it is timed properly. I don't know if that would be right after an HGH injection, or an hour later, or ??? If so one has information on this, that might be more relevant and helpful....
    read my post bro..... theres IGF-1 and GH serum, you need both

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information