iMac2307 is offline New Member

TB500 Reconsitution

Quick clarification:

I have a 10mg TB500 vial. I wish to do 2.5mg (25 units on a 100 units insulin needled) twice a week for 4 weeks.

To reconstitute the TB500 effectively to get the right dosage, do I reconstitute the 10mg vial using 1ml of BAC water?

Quester is offline Knowledgeable Member
    mg/ml
    So, 10mg(TB500)/1 ml bac water gives you a ten to one ratio.
    How many mcg do you want to administer per dose?

-Ok, you already gave me that info. dose: 2.5mg
    -It's better not to preload your slin pin, just draw from the vial with a new pin each time.
    -Therefore, 2.5 Bold Graduations (there are ten on a slin-pin) will give you a 2.5mg dose.
    -You were on the right track. This sort of thing is uncomfortable for me as well.
    -One concern, the amount of bac water you add shouldn't be based simply on the dosage you wish to administer. Some substance have a range of dilution based on the physical properties. Under-dilution can lead to a failure of the substance to fully dilute and leave crystals behind. I don't know the requirement for TB500.

jwh7699 is offline Member
    I usually reconstitute a 5mg vial of TB500 with 1ml of BAC water. So you are correct 25 on an insulin syringe.

Quote Originally Posted by jwh7699 View Post
    I usually reconstitute a 5mg vial of TB500 with 1ml of BAC water. So you are correct 25 on an insulin syringe.
    jw,
    Your ratio of is 5:1 (2x stronger); if you want a 2.5mg dose, you need to use 1.25 bold graduations. Or,as you (and probably everyone else in the world says it), 12.5 on the insulin syringe.

jwh7699 is offline Member
    Yes, I was referring to his dosing being correct for a 10mg vial. I should of been more clear. I usually purchase 5mg vial and inject .50ml.

Thread Information