Thread: Insulin use

Berserker88 is offline Associate Member

Insulin use

Hey guys, decided to give insulin a shot (I made a pun without meaning too ) Just looking for some input to see if Ive missed anything...

Fast acting only (not the 30/70 stuff).

Taken directly before workout (only on workout days).

Starting off at 5IU and slowly working up depending how i respond.

I am on cycle atm as I know its important to be on test when using Slin.

If im taking lets say 15IU I will take 100g simple carbs right before training and sip on 50-60g of gatorade sugars whilst training. Soon as I finish ill have a protein/carb meal again. I know to keep sugar on hand incase i start feeling sleepy etc.

Pretty sure I covered everything I plan on doing...

And incase anyone asks stats...

24 YO
    250lbs
    14%
    Currently 4 wks into my second cycle.
    Train for strongman not bb'ing.

Dr Pepper is offline Anabolic Member
    Just out of intrest how tall are you?

Quote Originally Posted by dr pepper View Post
    just out of intrest how tall are you?
    6'2"

G4R
    G4R is offline Anabolic Voice of Reason
    I am planning on using slin for the first time come January. In preperation for it, I talked to 'Gear' and asked his opinions on it. Here was what he told me:

Increase the dose slowly till you get to 10IU. Once on 10IU there is no need to take anymore. An effective Insulin dose would be 7 to 10IU daily. Once you have used 10IU. a few times and are confident with that dose then you should be able to start on 10IU every time you use insulin.

Most users will use insulin 4 weeks ON/OFF. Using insulin this way has proven to deliver maximum benefits and minimum side effects. I have experimented using insulin all sorts of different ways but the 4 ON/OFF protocol is definitely my favorite. When using insulin, I usually start on about 5IU and if everything goes well I will increase the dose by 1IU at my next training session which is usually the next day, and just keep on repeating that method till you get to 10IU. Once on 10IU stay on that dose till end of cycle. Once you are confident with insulin, next time you use it (after the 4 weeks OFF) you may start on 10IU right away.

Note: No matter what you use, if the dose becomes too much side effects wise, simply lower the dose.
    Also, we should prob put this in the HGH/Slin section.

Quote Originally Posted by G4R View Post
    I am planning on using slin for the first time come January. In preperation for it, I talked to 'Gear' and asked his opinions on it. Here was what he told me:

Also, we should prob put this in the HGH/Slin section.
    Thanks G4R, pretty much what the plan was, glad to know I was on the right track!

And also, whoops didnt realsie there was a slin forum ! My bad

G4R
    G4R is offline Anabolic Voice of Reason
    Its all good, we will get it moved over there for you.

So does everything seem ok to get started?

Neevor is offline Associate Member
    I disagree that you need to be on a cycle to use insulin . I'm running it by itself and I feel like my muscles are fuller. My idea was to run it by itself a couple months out from my cycle to see what it did and what I could expect on its own.

Otherwise, if you are gonna do it now you sound good to go. I also did not want to try it before my workouts the first time since I've heard stories of people going hypo really fast during workouts. But I dunno. I searched "insulin" in this forum but didnt find much. Weak. Let me know how your workouts go. I have been thinking about trying pre workout myself but am not quite ready to make the change.

Quote Originally Posted by Neevor View Post
    I disagree that you need to be on a cycle to use insulin . I'm running it by itself and I feel like my muscles are fuller. My idea was to run it by itself a couple months out from my cycle to see what it did and what I could expect on its own.

Otherwise, if you are gonna do it now you sound good to go. I also did not want to try it before my workouts the first time since I've heard stories of people going hypo really fast during workouts. But I dunno. I searched "insulin" in this forum but didnt find much. Weak. Let me know how your workouts go. I have been thinking about trying pre workout myself but am not quite ready to make the change.
    Ill be starting it in roughly 3 weeks time... Ill try and remember to post and let you know.

The reason you should be on cycle is insulin is a hormonal enemy to testosterone !

Thread Information